Daine Laurie #237

The issue the club has with Laurie is his immaturity and hi ability to read the defence….they want to see him “grow up”… and take his footy more seriously…
That all makes sense. Hopefully he doesn’t rock up to the COE in a Panthers jersey.

I would like to see how Laurie goes behind a decent forward pack as IMO he will kill it.
Considering what was in front of him this year he did ok.. Even Teddy would of struggled behind what we had.

I would like to see how Laurie goes behind a decent forward pack as IMO he will kill it.
Considering what was in front of him this year he did ok.. Even Teddy would of struggled behind what we had.
Even Tedesco, Marshall, Farah and Simona struggled behind our girls, forward pack is a too strong word for them.

Yeah teddy was just about the best player in the world when he was on our team. Only issue he had was overplaying a little bit. But you can't blame him with very limited outside back
Also everyone marked up on him, as he was pretty much our only weapon! Shits me to death when they wax lyrically about how the roosters made him into the player he is now. Only difference to him now at the cocks is he has better team mates that take the heat of him!

Also everyone marked up on him, as he was pretty much our only weapon! Shits me to death when they wax lyrically about how the roosters made him into the player he is now. Only difference to him now at the cocks is he has better team mates that take the heat of him!
What about Koroibete?
There was games where it looked like our game plan was just to pass it to him every time and hope he does something. 😂

I just can't understand why people and maybe the coach don't rate Laurie as a potential attacking fullback.
From what I've seen so far he's a brave fella, has a bit of toe and he and AD looked like our only attacking success before they both got injured.
When he appears lazy I think it's more of lacking confidence and inexperience..... confidence will come with more game time and good coaching.
Then he comes back from that injury and plays in a dreadful side.
Now we want to strip him from fullback and throw him into a position that requires quick decision making and is one of the linchpins to most plays....let him learn his trade at the back and with an improved forward pack I'm confident he'll be a goodin.
Lets not completely bleed what's left of our talent in this rebuild.
Staines will be fast on the wing to replace Ken or backup fullback.
Just my gut feelings. 🤔

round 1 backline
1. Staines
2. Nofo
3. Naden
4. Douhie
5. Ken M
6. Laurie
7. Brooks
Staines FB. Didn't think of that. Wondered where he would fit given Nofo and Ken are class wingers these days.

Now that would be Sheensiuses.

But we need to rake risks like that.

I just can't understand why people and maybe the coach don't rate Laurie as a potential attacking fullback.
From what I've seen so far he's a brave fella, has a bit of toe and he and AD looked like our only attacking success before they both got injured.
When he appears lazy I think it's more of lacking confidence and inexperience..... confidence will come with more game time and good coaching.
Then he comes back from that injury and plays in a dreadful side.
Now we want to strip him from fullback and throw him into a position that requires quick decision making and is one of the linchpins to most plays....let him learn his trade at the back and with an improved forward pack I'm confident he'll be a goodin.
Lets not completely bleed what's left our talent in this rebuild.
Staines will be fast on the wing to replace Ken or backup fullback.
Just my gut feelings. 🤔
we need a larger bodied FB to win the comp these days,if we can find better,do it,3cheers for the Brookes supporters

we need a larger bodied FB to win the comp these days,if we can find better,do it,3cheers for the Brookes supporters
There has been some light weight champion fullbacks over time brother,
Ryan Papenhuyzen, Brett Hodgson, Matt Bowen, come to mind.
He is still developing and judging by a recent pic sporting an athletic bod, he would eventually resemble someone like Darius Boyd type of player imo.

Comparing Laurie to fullbacks from 20 years ago is a real problem
I didn't know Ryan Papenhuyzen played 20 yrs ago.
Will Kennedy is huge too
and Staines must be way bigger than Laurie. 🤔
Lighter fullbacks still have a place in the nrl IMO if they are fit, well coached, have raw ability and want to succeed.

The issue the club has with Laurie is his immaturity and hi ability to read the defence….they want to see him “grow up”… and take his footy more seriously…
That Jimmy the jet signing was fabulous wasn’t it !? Not. Daine needs to pick a good role model and work his ring off or he’ll find himself in the north of England quick.

That Jimmy the jet signing was fabulous wasn’t it !? Not. Daine needs to pick a good role model and work his ring off or he’ll find himself in the north of England quick.
Good coaching is what he needs. He could shine under Sheens and Marshall's attacking emphasis on the game. A bit different to 4 hit ups and kick on the 5th for every set as was the case with Madge.
Same with AD working with Marshall..

Latest posts

Staff online

Back