Difference between 1st and 2nd half?

Tiger_heart

Was it that the Warriors ran out of troops / puff OR that we started to do the hard yards up the middle before doing the razzle dazzle? In the first half, it did look like we were wanting to shift the ball on the second tackle, surely these would not have been the instructions??

On the other hand, Vossy was running out of superlatives to describe the Tiger's 2nd half performance, it seems to me that with this team it is either a famine or a feast!

Look forward to the Sunday roast… :laughing: :laughing:

First half the Warriors were dominating in the forwards, our forwards were going nowhere we were failing to get over halfway with our set even from our kicks. Our first few sets we get tackled on the last, we kick into warriors player and kicked out on the ful. I was banging my head against the wall and then when Lawrence started dropping everything thrown to him i started saying here we go again.
But then something happened that i can't put my finger on but i hope it happens more often.
We can't continue to start that badly, we really need to get that rubbish out of our game because good teams will punish you and we will dig ourselves holes that we can't get out of, that's the only worrying thing out of last night.

The difference: Attack: **Lui** got more involved in running the show; this allowed Benji to stay behind the line and out wide and our attack flowed and we were on the front foot!. Defence: Didn't have to do much as we attacked for most of the half.

For the first 20 minutes, the Warriors smashed our blokes. There were two or three big units hurling themselves at our runners every tackle and dominating them.

We scored then they scored and were still looking good - still punishing us in defense.

I dont know whether they expected us to roll over or what but we did the opposite and very well too - 4 tries in 5 or so minutes either side of half time really demoralised them. They dropped their bundle.

They proved that they are not a finals bound team to me with that attitude.

Two tries before half time. I think that broke the Warriors confidence after dominating so well in the first half.

Benji and Lui had the forwards going forward which gave both space.
Farah calmed his game and didn't over play.
Lui also seemed to get involved more which allowed Marshall to stay wider.
Marshall also had guys running off him which he needs! The defensive line of the Warriors were stretched every time it went to Marshall, they had no idea what to do or who to mark.

Desire.. they were all there too back each other up, for 60 minutes of the match.
Benji.. running at the line
Lui.. more involved and really starting to show his skills
Daniella.. some awesome attacking centre work that has really been missing from ayshford made our right side attack potent

Members online

Back