Dwyer won't play again until at least 2013

@Cultured Bogan said:
Hardly a sound source (that's not a shot at you either Original Magpie.)

Triple M have probably picked it up from the RLW story and came to their own conclusion. Injuries like this are too early to tell whether he won't recover or not. I'd say Dwyer and the quacks would be giving him at least the rest of the season plus off season and then assessing whether there is marked improvement or not.

Absolutely - i work in sports medicine and while i am not privy to Simon's medical records, it is WAY too early to be predicting retirement. I have seen professional athletes fully recover from this type of injury but it can take up to 12 months for full movement, feeling and strength to return. As i may have seen on this site earlier, it is a "relatively" common injury in the NFL and most recover - i am sure that the Tigers and his family are supporting and giving him the best possible medical and rehabilitation programmes as possible!

Topics merged

Also to bump the Twitter link his father has set up to keep posted on his progress http://twitter.com/#!/PaulDwyer1

If this news is correct, that is two career ending injuries for the club in two years. Crazy probability.

To think it all came from a bad dummy half pass from the Bulldogs. Was it Ennis? Whoever it was threw a bad pass and the bulldogs player that Simon was lining up had to jump to catch the ball, resulting in Dwyer connecting with his hip area.

I really fell for the kid and hope he is patient without making any decisions yet. Thankfully he's still got age on his side. Ben Ross!

Hasn't triple M been the source of many of the bogus rumors in the past? Like that Lawrence was leaving the Tigers and the Dugan rumor??

I would give it zero credence. Especially 4 weeks into a injury that has no set recovery time, and the whole off-season in front of Dwyer to get better.

He is so young, if there is any chance of reinjuring or doing more damage he has to think of his long term future.

Love to see him get back on the field and have a long career with us, but if he decides to retire from this I'm sure the fans will get right behind him and support him regardless.

Keep ya head up Simon!

He is young, and he isn't a sook. I'm sure we haven't heard the last of Simon Dwyer at the tigers!

Take your time, just make sure that when you do get back, you crack some heads!

@The Tooth said:
To think it all came from a bad dummy half pass from the Bulldogs. Was it Ennis?

LOL, can Ennis ever get a break on this forum?

@clokan said:
@The Tooth said:
To think it all came from a bad dummy half pass from the Bulldogs. Was it Ennis?

LOL, can Ennis ever get a break on this forum?

Short answer - no. The guy is a tool and deserves everything he cops. You can throw Steve Matai in that category too.

the twitter account his dad has up, said basically at this stage it is a wait and see game.

The medico's reckon that it is way too early to tell, that at this stage of the game nothing more could possibly known in the negative at this stage.

I reckon it will be as much a mental battle as anything

Simon Dwyer currently at RNSH doing a nerve conduction test.
Just to make it clear Simon has no plans of retiring. RT to all.
#pauldwyer1
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Kickme said:
Simon Dwyer currently at RNSH doing a nerve conduction test.
Just to make it clear Simon has no plans of retiring. RT to all.
#pauldwyer1
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

As I predicted. Someone on the end of a chinese whisper has probably contacted Triple M, and they've obviously thought they were on a scoop.

Thats why I don't listen to mmm or any other media source. I get my info from Simon's dad.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

That's about right. The good thing about nerve injuries is they grow back at a 1mm a day.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Completed his nerve tests today and now the wait for the results. http://twitter.com/#!/PaulDwyer1 :neutral_face:

Back