Farah to SOUTH SYDNEY in 2017..OFFICIAL..

Watched the replay of the 2005 gf today on fox. The 3 step shuffle was not evident

@TYGA said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
@TYGA said:
@vlad said:
Interesting that Souths have dropped McInnes this week .

Same player JT wanted in a player swap last year very interesting.

For what its worth a former Dragons player I spoke to today believes Hayne & Farah are heading to STGI. They may look to release Dugan to the Bulldogs.

Apparently the NRL have leverage over Hayne because of the Dodgy Third Party Deals at Parra and they want him on the GC.

Well one prediction has been busted already,
And I wouldn't mind betting that the second one is the next to go

I don't have great mail.

Lol.

@gallagher said:
@philgood said:
@gallagher said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
When the game was its fastest before the wrestle was introduced.

It was also when Farah basically just gave the ball to his halves.

Are u making things up as u go? Did u not watch robbie back then? He was one of the most creative players in the game until JT came in and put the shackles on him

In '05? Hodgson, Marshall and Prince ran the team. He knew his role and stuck to it. If he did that now he'd still be in the team.

And he wasn't on 950 large in '05 either. It would be interesting to know whether JT would have taken the same stance if he was on his '05 salary.

Get off it you two…lol
Farah was making line breaks and setting up tries just as he has always done. Don't try and change history.

@stryker said:
Get off it you two…lol
Farah was making line breaks and setting up tries just as he has always done. Don't try and change history.

I'm not saying he wasn't a good player. I'm saying Prince ran the show and Farah gave him good early ball when he caled it. If Farah showed our halves the same respect now he'd still be in firsts.

@gallagher said:
@stryker said:
Get off it you two…lol

I'm not saying he wasn't a good player. I'm saying Prince ran the show and Farah gave him good early ball when he caled it. If Farah showed our halves the same respect now he'd still be in firsts.

Farah could give the halves lightning fast service and make 50 tackles a game, the coach won't pick him, it is personal, if it was a form or team thing Rankin would be back in reggies with him, Kev, Brooks, Lovett and co would also be there.

@851 said:
@gallagher said:
@stryker said:
Get off it you two…lol

Farah could give the halves lightning fast service and make 50 tackles a game, the coach won't pick him, it is personal, if it was a form or team thing Rankin would be back in reggies with him, Kev, Brooks, Lovett and co would also be there.

It is a lie that he showed the halves no respect and ignored them. He gave them plenty of early ball..almost too much at times. They weren't good enough to turn it into points regularly.

@stevetiger said:
@Knuckles said:
@Sco77y said:
@innsaneink said:
Farah won
WTs lost
Club legend

Yeah, from all reports he's likely to have played some part in that..
I wanted Potter to stay at the time too, thought he was doing a decent job - just needed a little more time. Was on the back foot the day he started, no one seemed to make it easy for him.

Was Potter really that good ?
If so, what made him so good ?

I don't know if he was so good because it's really hard to tell from the outside.

If I compare Potter to JT though there are a couple of differences in Potters favour that I can see:-

1\. Potter acted with class from the start. JT came in and said a bunch of stupid stuff such as the previous players and coaches didn't care about defence or play any defence. He also said he would fix our defence. This was just stupid talk and of course it hasn't worked out that way.
2\. JT has created a debacle with the Robbie situation. Potter didn't do that. There was drama but that was clearly all on Robbie (even though I think it was overblown).
3\. We never had a period of dumb tactics that lost us games ala Taylorball.

When Sheens was here we had some wins where obviously the coaching staff tried a bunch of stuff and came up with great footy. Potter was different to that in that he had the team playing simple footy but Potter also didn't have the mad scientist team selections that Sheens had.

I just think that Potter deserved some more time whereas I think JT should not have his contract renewed now. Prior to the Robbie incident and how that has been handled I would have thought JT had to make the 8 this year and have a decent season next year to be retained. I think now though it's better to just move him on.

Didn't say he was "so good", just alluding to the thought that it wasn't a great decision to let him go - with time left on his contract, no ready replacement waiting in the wings, he was doing a decent job with the roster he had, and what appeared to be no support at all from the club. It just didn't make any sense to let him go at the time.

@851 said:
@gallagher said:
@stryker said:
Get off it you two…lol

I honestly don't get how people can't see this. Robbie has gone a lot better than any other option we've had at hooker this year.

@851 said:
@gallagher said:
@stryker said:
Get off it you two…lol

I don't think it personal. Time will tell if it's s good or bad call but i believe he is making the calls he's making because he thinks it's the right call.

If Robbie did not agree to back end his contract and was on 750K next year he would still be gone if Robbie was on 650K he would still be gone everyone is talking about how big his contract is but when the Tigers want to pay 650K to get rid of him there is a problem.

All Robbie problems

Taylor doesn't value the hooking position, wants to pass leadership to the halves, Farah is overpaid, too much power in the organisation and has been influential in the sacking of two former coaches.

In defence of Farah he is the best 9 at the club and should be in the 17\. I don't understand how this forum can't understand its a power play to remove Farah and nothing else. It looks like he's on his way to Souths and will suit they big forward pack. He is a club legend hope he gets the respect he deserves.

Robbie's my age group and mates with a lot of the boys I know so i'll see if i can get anything from them. Namely Harry LOL

@851 said:
@gallagher said:
@stryker said:
Get off it you two…lol

bring him back we will then only have 1 pass a game from dummy half that is atrocious

@Sco77y said:
@stryker said:
That means we will be running into season 2017 up to $600k worse off then all other clubs when it comes to our cap. What a mess those negotiations 3 years or more ago have turned into.

And to think, Potter tried to stop all of that from happening.. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all?

Hmmmmmm, why isn't he here anymore?

NRL: South Sydney to offer Wests Tigers' Robbie Farah a lifeline

South Sydney have emerged as a contender for the services of Robbie Farah in a move that could resurrect his NRL career.

Farah has again been named in reserve grade for Wests Tigers this weekend in the biggest indication yet he has played his last first-grade game for the club.

Advertisement

Although Farah has some experience playing in the halves, not even a knee injury to Luke Brooks was enough to prompt a recall to a new-look Tigers spine.

It was thought that St George Illawarra appeared Farah's most likely destination should the hooker decide not to see out the final year of a lucrative Tigers contract worth about $950,000.

RELATED CONTENT

Titans sign Hayne on bumper contract
NRL clears Hayne to play for Titans this weekend
But the Rabbitohs are poised to become a legitimate option, with the embattled club expected to table a two-year deal.

Farah's brother, Eddie, is Souths physiotherapist and the club is looking to bolster its stocks in the hooking position. South Sydney signed Damien Cook in the off-season but the former Bulldog has been unable to cement a first-grade spot.

The Rabbitohs are looking to shake up their roster after a disappointing season that has resulted in them losing their past eight games. That streak could extend to nine as they face premiership heavyweights the Storm in Melbourne on Saturday night.

Farah didn't train with the Tigers reserve grade team on Wednesday, but was spotted at Espresso 96 Cafe at Concord with his manager and Wests Tigers officials.

After missing out on Jarryd Hayne, Parramatta have cash to spend and are likely to be in the market for another hooker after also losing Nathan Peats to the Gold Coast. The Eels had previously expressed interest in Farah when Ricky Stuart was coaching the club and may consider making another play.

It is understood the Tigers are prepared to subsidise Farah's wage up to $600,000 for next season to get him off their books, which could make him reasonable value for rival clubs.

The Tigers are already planning for life after Farah by identifying Gold Coast's Daniel Mortimer as one to help fill the void should the NSW hooker depart.

But the joint-venture outfit will only have the funds required to make a play for Mortimer if Farah leaves at the end of this season.

South Sydney are looking to shed a number of their own contracted players, with Tom Burgess at the top of their list.

The prop has struggled to recapture his best form and there are concerns he is taking up too big a chunk of the salary cap. The club hasn't been able to settle on a regular No.9 since Issac Luke was released to join the Warriors.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/south-sydney-rabbitohs/south-sydney-rabbitohs-set-to-offer-wests-tigers-hooker-robbie-farah-nrl-lifeline-20160802-gqjqff.html

@stryker said:
Get off it you two…lol

Of course he was - 10 years younger and no back issues. He became a great player.

The spine complimented each other nicely with Prince being the overall general.

@Adamtiger1 said:

South Sydney have emerged as a contender for the services of Robbie Farah in a move that could resurrect his NRL career.

Farah has again been named in reserve grade for Wests Tigers this weekend in the biggest indication yet he has played his last first-grade game for the club.

Advertisement

Although Farah has some experience playing in the halves, not even a knee injury to Luke Brooks was enough to prompt a recall to a new-look Tigers spine.

It was thought that St George Illawarra appeared Farah's most likely destination should the hooker decide not to see out the final year of a lucrative Tigers contract worth about $950,000.

RELATED CONTENT

But the Rabbitohs are poised to become a legitimate option, with the embattled club expected to table a two-year deal.

Farah's brother, Eddie, is Souths physiotherapist and the club is looking to bolster its stocks in the hooking position. South Sydney signed Damien Cook in the off-season but the former Bulldog has been unable to cement a first-grade spot.

The Rabbitohs are looking to shake up their roster after a disappointing season that has resulted in them losing their past eight games. That streak could extend to nine as they face premiership heavyweights the Storm in Melbourne on Saturday night.

Farah didn't train with the Tigers reserve grade team on Wednesday, but was spotted at Espresso 96 Cafe at Concord with his manager and Wests Tigers officials.

After missing out on Jarryd Hayne, Parramatta have cash to spend and are likely to be in the market for another hooker after also losing Nathan Peats to the Gold Coast. The Eels had previously expressed interest in Farah when Ricky Stuart was coaching the club and may consider making another play.

It is understood the Tigers are prepared to subsidise Farah's wage up to $600,000 for next season to get him off their books, which could make him reasonable value for rival clubs.

The Tigers are already planning for life after Farah by identifying Gold Coast's Daniel Mortimer as one to help fill the void should the NSW hooker depart.

But the joint-venture outfit will only have the funds required to make a play for Mortimer if Farah leaves at the end of this season.

South Sydney are looking to shed a number of their own contracted players, with Tom Burgess at the top of their list.

The prop has struggled to recapture his best form and there are concerns he is taking up too big a chunk of the salary cap. The club hasn't been able to settle on a regular No.9 since Issac Luke was released to join the Warriors.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/south-sydney-rabbitohs/south-sydney-rabbitohs-set-to-offer-wests-tigers-hooker-robbie-farah-nrl-lifeline-20160802-gqjqff.html

If we subsidise another team $600k. That comes off our 2018 cap. Right?

@Tigerdon said:

2017…Farah is contracted to WT until end 2017....Any difference in his reported 950K salary will carry on our Cap for 2017....

The NRL wont register a contract with another Club for a nominal amount...The new Club can't put Farah under there Cap for 100K....would be more like 450K...We would then carry the balance in our Cap ...

That doesn't necessarily mean the relative Clubs can't come to another 'arrangement'...

@Tigerdon said:
@Adamtiger1 said:

Advertisement

RELATED CONTENT

Why 2018 ? If it's $600k and his on the reported $950k well the other Club that picks him up pays the $350k outstanding and the $600k goes in our 2017 Cap .
So in affect we have $350k to spend for the 2017 Season if this goes through .

We get Mortimer in the process :unamused: .

You guys be the judge if you think this is good business ?

Back