FITNESS & GYM

old_man_tiger

Lost 8 kg through understanding good fats/bad fats and moderation. Cholesterol and fatty liver were a wake up call.

Want to do more exercise but don't really know what goals I have. To lift a certain amount, look a certain way etc... doesn't really get me excited.

Was running for a bit, got up to a few k a run but never got the endorphins or buzz ppl talk about. Thinking I need to do something more intense? Has anyone gotten there in their 30s or 40s without being someone who trained through their youth?

Cobarcats

Staff member
Forum Leader
Lost 8 kg through understanding good fats/bad fats and moderation. Cholesterol and fatty liver were a wake up call.

Want to do more exercise but don't really know what goals I have. To lift a certain amount, look a certain way etc... doesn't really get me excited.

Was running for a bit, got up to a few k a run but never got the endorphins or buzz ppl talk about. Thinking I need to do something more intense? Has anyone gotten there in their 30s or 40s without being someone who trained through their youth?
They say no pain no gain, therefore I recommend eating 4 meat pies and your sure to get a gut ache. Push through the pain barrier and wash it all down with some schooners ๐Ÿคฃ

Kaito

Congrats big bro sounds good

Suzie-Q

Made the decision to pretty much stop drinking and just eating healthier in general about 6-8 weeks ago. Lost 5.5kg, another 6 to go.
Start of last year, I started a new job. Also did Febfast and really cut down on the booze. Started doing 10000 steps each week day, and ended up walking 5km every night in under an hour. I lost 18kg by the end of the year. I've put back on 3-4kg, but haven't been good at the consistent exercise (covid, hip pain, etc) and I'm really disappointed in myself. I've still got another 28-30 to go, but that's much better than the almost 50 I started with.

Cobarcats

Staff member
Forum Leader
Start of last year, I started a new job. Also did Febfast and really cut down on the booze. Started doing 10000 steps each week day, and ended up walking 5km every night in under an hour. I lost 18kg by the end of the year. I've put back on 3-4kg, but haven't been good at the consistent exercise (covid, hip pain, etc) and I'm really disappointed in myself. I've still got another 28-30 to go, but that's much better than the almost 50 I started with.
Good on you girl, proud of you.
It's annoying that most yummy food is bad for your waist.

Merlot

dont stress,b kind 2 yourself also,thumbs up