Food thread

Yep Shit food, but a i still enjoy a Big Mac, whopper or zinger on rear occasions.

If i go to Maccas or Hungry Jacks i usually only have something from the breakfast menu hoping they can't get it wrong.The last time would have been in June when i had to drive to QLD

Reactions: TCL
Yeah I think I was in my early teens when I first tried Chinese. Our options have improved significantly, it’s amazing how food can give you flashbacks to your past.

Yeah I think I was in my early teens when I first tried Chinese. Our options have improved significantly, it’s amazing how food can give you flashbacks to your past.
It ain't the same as ya remember tho 😔

When i went to the UK in the early 70's i was introduced to the joys of Indian and Carribean foods and have been a fan of curries/chilli ever since to the extent that i would now say that a curry would be my first choice of a meal

My first Chinese meal was the Wing Wah hear the lights at Top Ryde, loved the food then and still do.
Is it still there? I thought a lot of those places were gone. Ryde has a great diversity of cuisine. Persian and Farsi food. This is going back but I first had kfc in top Ryde.

Right now im eating weet bix with two fuits, fresh banana and sultanas, in lite milk.. my current b/fast every day
My breakfast most weekdays 3 with banana and honey over the top, light milk.

Is it still there? I thought a lot of those places were gone. Ryde has a great diversity of cuisine. Persian and Farsi food. This is going back but I first had kfc in top Ryde.
Have no idea but it would a sacred site for this white fella.
I remember going with my then young teen girlfriend and her folks. I was terrified after growing up in a lamb chop and three veg, and Sunday roast environment.
But took to it straight away. Thanks S, wherever you are today( thanks for everything you introduced me too …..).

Reactions: TCL
Do you remember Maccas McFeast with the old red sauce. They were huge compared to today, my fav fast food burger.
I got a bacon deluxe from hungry jacks yesterday and it was the size of a fifty cent piece. Meat was like processed meat and sawdust or cardboard.
Now you're talkin my language mate, the original McFeast sauce was better than crack. It still comes up in conversation with various mates about how good the old McFeast burger was and only due to the sauce. I feel like its been 20 years since the McFeast was a thing. They probably found out the secret ingredient and had to shelf it like the old Kentucky Fried Buns.

We have Maccas very rarely, maybe only a couple of times per year.
I can’t believe how expensive it’s getting!

I was looking after the grand kids last week and like an idiot took them to KFC for a treat, left with a second mortgage on the house. Stunned at what they were getting for $20 a pop. Couple bits of 3rd rate chicken and soggy chips. Mortified. Old Winston learnt his lesson.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back