For the sake of the club, it has to end...

We have become progressively worse because none of the players we can afford to buy - after addressing the disaster Cleary left - to improve our roster want to p play for the club. Add to that our junior pathways are not delivering the quality that they use to for what ever reason and or they too would prefer to commit elsewhere.

• Love
Reactions: BZN
This is the only season I can say that I've not taken any hope into any games. Every year, sure we lacked consistency, but there was always hope of causing an upset.

I can't even see us causing an upset with how this team plays. There is NO hope.

I've been a madge supporter. But give him 2 more games and pull the plug if there is no improvement. We're going backward.

Sheens / Flannagan combo moving forward. At least Flannagan might keep rothfield off our back for a while.
I had hope against Newcastle. None since. The only thing that makes me feel better is when I’m not losing the points on the Tigers in the tipping comp 🤪

I disagree strongly with this.

I have supported them 40 years, why would I walk away?

Why not just call for change? If enough people call for change, they will have to act.
You’re not saying you want change, you are saying you want them to fold.

The club is obliged to discuss with its loyal supporters the serious matter of its intentions as to how it plans to deal with the farcical situation concerning the first grade side. Why have Pascoe and Sheens kept quiet so long on the matter.

I leave out Madge because he is only protecting his lucrative training contract with inane comments about his first grade side, i.e. how well they are training and other lies.

Come on Mr. Pascoe and Mr. Sheens - you each owe the fans the decency of telling the fans the TRUTH.

No it isn't - It's a business that doesn't have to explain anything to anyone
Bar it's shareholders...
Which you are not.

The fact you feel entitled to knowledge of the business direction of the club - You're not.
I know that's hard to grasp... We're fans, Sure - But we're merely customers.

You’re not saying you want change, you are saying you want them to fold.
I don't think he's said that despite your interpretation. I initially thought that too when I read the title but the post does not say that.

It is very clearly the coach. If they are training so hard then they are practising the wrong things.

Maybe the club are waiting for the right coach to become available. Why they kept Maguire is beyond me.

We were on the way up when Cleary was here just outside the 8 and he shafted us.

Not much the board could do about it.

They appointed the best coach that I thought was available at the time and delegated and since appointed Sheens another good appointment in my view.

It will be on them now

When Cleary left we were on the slide, we had hit the wall. Cleary even said he thought he could not get anything more out of the joint. Of course his signings were the main reason we hit the wall as our cap was busted and he could not go to the market place to recruit himself a better team. Back than if we had the cap space, we could attract a reasonable standard player. Now we would struggle to sign any player from another team who is a top 17 player.

We are in a massive hole that will take three to five years of some very smart management to even look like making the eight

I think sheens is taking the Gibson formula. 1st year observe. 2nd year change it. 3rd year try to win it... If that is the case can't see Madge going till end of year...

Fair play to Madge...he has not just somehow stopped the Titanic sinking, but he has avoided the icebergs and started it on course to safety.

He sat there in his presser two weeks ago and said he could see this developing... I absolutely could not. It looked beyond saving. Credit where it is due.

Hastings has made all the difference to Madge's game plans as now he actually has a conductor out there.

What an amazing change...and with Hastings 1000% behind Madge, suddenly he is very safe and we likely will need Madge there to make sure Hastings stays long term.

What
A
Change

Credit where it is due.

When Cleary left we were on the slide, we had hit the wall. Cleary even said he thought he could not get anything more out of the joint. Of course his signings were the main reason we hit the wall as our cap was busted and he could not go to the market place to recruit himself a better team. Back than if we had the cap space, we could attract a reasonable standard player. Now we would struggle to sign any player from another team who is a top 17 player.

We are in a massive hole that will take three to five years of some very smart management to even look like making the eight
God willing🙏

Madge isn't a bad coach. His problem is that he uses old methods on a team that doesn't work. You have to change with the team.

Think our assistant coaches are helping. Might be that Sheen's has helped with more time for Madge to not micromanage and just do the tactics for the week.

Members online

Back