For the sake of the club, it has to end...

If I give you four years in your profession with inferior people and poor culture you would fail too. Good coaches like mick potter and Ivan Cleary couldn’t make an impact either because the joint is rotten.
This is simply not true.

Cleary got us within an inch of the semis.

Potter got close.

People comparing McGuire to others simply loses sight of reality. EVERY other coach has had us competitive and around the 8.

Madge
9th
11th
13th
Last and winless

Notice the trend? He is sinking us to depths even ROOKIE coaches managed to keep us miles away from.

Lauren,I understand your sentiments,however,Madge constantly says the team train well and are giving it all they have...
Maybe thats the problem,what they give isnt up to NRL standard no matter what Madge tries to do...
True, find myself swooning when the players open their mouths. Silly me for having belief in them.
Absolutely agree and it makes it even harder to gauge who's worth holding onto when we're this crap. Know the team dynamics isn't right but its making it harder to decide our priorities (for recruitment), when it appears we have so many weaknesses.

True, find myself swooning when the players open their mouths. Silly me for having belief in them.
Absolutely agree and it makes it even harder to gauge who's worth holding onto when we're this crap. Know the team dynamics isn't right but its making it harder to decide our priorities (for recruitment), when it appears we have so many weaknesses.
Lauren, I'd wait to see how our roster performs under a new coach. We know there are good players in the roster and I have belief in them.

300%...why should the coach be sacked when the useless overpaid cattle cant get the BASICS right...these guys are in the top Rugby League Comp in the world,give forward passes,no one at dummy half,watch a ball go over the sideline,dumb mistakes,stupid penalties,no discipline and absolutely no control whatsoever...
If I was Madge I would tell Sheens that this mob are as useless as a "one legged man in an arse kicking contest "...
No amount of coaching can stop STUPID and that sums up this team....most of them have survived because of talented players around them most of their careers,the younger ones will only learn stupidity off these pretenders....
There's only one problem with this.......and it's pretty significant. ALL of these players have been signed ( including re-signed) under Madges watch. That means he thought they were good enough and/or he could get them improving. The cold hard facts of it all say the complete opposite is true. The cattle may be useless and overpaid, but somebody is responsible for employing that useless and overpaid cattle to represent our club. The buck has to stop somewhere.

There's only one problem with this.......and it's pretty significant. ALL of these players have been signed ( including re-signed) under Madges watch. That means he thought they were good enough and/or he could get them improving. The cold hard facts of it all say the complete opposite is true. The cattle may be useless and overpaid, but somebody is responsible for employing that useless and overpaid cattle to represent our club. The buck has to stop somewhere.
I agree mate,but the mess that Ivan left us with made it impossible for Madge to recruit quality,he had to buy what was affordable at the time to make up a squad...Im not defending Madge but he was limited in what he could do or buy....

Reactions: BZN
This is simply not true.

Cleary got us within an inch of the semis.

Potter got close.

People comparing McGuire to others simply loses sight of reality. EVERY other coach has had us competitive and around the 8.

Madge
9th
11th
13th
Last and winless

Notice the trend? He is sinking us to depths even ROOKIE coaches managed to keep us miles away from.

New nickname for Madge
Michael “anchor” or “sinker” Maguire because we keep sinking lower down the ladder 🎣 😂

Change is in the air Tragic, only not the change you desperately want.
I dont think anything is going to change just yet....Sheens and the board know what Madge is going through atm with this squads,youth,injuries and suspension....
They wont sack Madge,they know the team out there the last 5 rnds isnt the team Madge wants,they are fill ins mixed with the experience that shouldnt be there anyway...
Hastings,AD,AJ,TT and the Jet and Laurie all out yesterday...thats half the NRL side out and you and others want Madge gone,blame the inept players for their bungles not Madge....and yet Madge always sticks up for the pretenders because they train well but cant hack the pressure of NRL...

• Love
Reactions: BZN
I dont think anything is going to change just yet....Sheens and the board know what Madge is going through atm with this squads,youth,injuries and suspension....
They wont sack Madge,they know the team out there the last 5 rnds isnt the team Madge wants,they are fill ins mixed with the experience that shouldnt be there anyway...
Hastings,AD,AJ,TT and the Jet and Laurie all out yesterday...thats half the NRL side out and you and others want Madge gone,blame the inept players for their bungles not Madge....and yet Madge always sticks up for the pretenders because they train well but cant hack the pressure of NRL...
What if we lose every game this season ? Lol

This is the only season I can say that I've not taken any hope into any games. Every year, sure we lacked consistency, but there was always hope of causing an upset.

I can't even see us causing an upset with how this team plays. There is NO hope.

I've been a madge supporter. But give him 2 more games and pull the plug if there is no improvement. We're going backward.

Sheens / Flannagan combo moving forward. At least Flannagan might keep rothfield off our back for a while.

Back