Gibbs Charged

@Tiger_Al said:
I still think it was not deliberate at all & the tigers should fight for a downgrading… I mean the big fella was trying to not land on him by the look of it...

To all the people calling him the most stupid footballer ever having a go at him... just look objectively at the amount of quality defense the bloke does... without him there will probably be holes everywhere throught the tigers middle...

Watching it again I thought he had plenty of time to avoid contact by either stepping aside or sliding.. worst case scenario he could've landed on Burt after he scored the try.

What does being stupid have to do with his defensive capabilities? We're going to miss him from probably the last 2 games which makes thing even more frustrating.

So its ok for Jamie Soward to lead with his legs/feet and kick somebody in the head but not for Gibbs ??

Dodgy hahaha

Gibbs and the Club have to fight it. Wests have nothing to lose. He's gone either way. If Gibbs lands on Burt on the 40m, 30m, 20m or 10m line in the same fashon, Gibbo would have nothing to worry about. It's a knee to the gluteus maximus. If a defender is second or third man in a tackle, more often than not there is always going to be contact and impact of some nature. How many players cop knee's to the quad's, calves and other limbs? Burt needs a concrete thickshake. Gibbo to get off :pray:

Look your teammates in the face the next time you train mate … and no this isn't funny! your a professional athlete . And even being a bit harsh the club should fine you.

@Snake said:
Look your teammates in the face the next time you train mate … and no this isn't funny! your a professional athlete . And even being a bit harsh the club should fine you.

Sorry, but the big fella more than made up for the 8 point try by running 60 metres to run down Hayne and stop a certain try in the second half.

He was always going to be cited, I am just shocked at the grading. I thought he would just get some points or miss one game tops, but 2-3 games….that, like the game in general, is a farce.

From the Wests Tigers website:

CLUB TO DECIDE ON GIBBS CASE
Monday, August 24, 2009
Wests Tigers will decide by 12pm on Tuesday, August 25, whether to contest the charges against prop Bryce Gibbs.

The club will review the video before discussing the appropriate course of action. Gibbs is facing a grade 2 charge from the Parramatta match.

@Gobbs said:
Gibbs and the Club have to fight it. Wests have nothing to lose. He's gone either way. If Gibbs lands on Burt on the 40m, 30m, 20m or 10m line in the same fashon, Gibbo would have nothing to worry about. It's a knee to the gluteus maximus. If a defender is second or third man in a tackle, more often than not there is always going to be contact and impact of some nature. How many players cop knee's to the quad's, calves and other limbs? Burt needs a concrete thickshake. Gibbo to get off :pray:

sorry gobbs, but with gibbos track record he would end up getting 3 weeks ,at least if we make the finals he would be available ….
my personal opinion thinks he knew what he was doing ....it was a play out of the 70s and 80s ....and bryce being the old fashioned style of front rower just had to give it to burt when he touched down.....

@smeghead said:
Hayne not charged for his two instances of contacting a head with the elbow

Bloody ridiculous.

Thurston and Sowards offenses were worse and they got off free.

In saying that, they were not wearing Tigers jerseys.

Sick of defending him, he played well but again some moronic things spoil his game.
I played with guys like this, my son now does as well, theyre great kids but as thick as two planks, always in trouble with cops and at home school and footy field….some people just never learn.

He is a meathead, he refuses to learn.
Plays very well then just has these brain explosions for a few minutes that really screw us up.

Yes the judiciary is bullshit, yes he problem doesnt deserve 3 weeks.
But he put himself in that position with stupidity, so now he has to wear it.

I think it is definitely worth fighting. It was stupid, but not worth a grade two. We need to win our last two games, so if he gets off then he can play in those.

Gibbs has played well in general this season (or at least the last two or three months), but until he gets this crap out of his game he will remain a meat head who at some stage in a match will cost us.

@wicked_j said:
how is his knee worse then thurston kicking a guy in the head ?

There were no knees in the back it look like he pulls out just in time, and how come Burt isn't that hurt what a bloody whimp
GOD i hope we make the finals and kick ass!!!

Fight it. Poore threw a bloke on his hand and didn't miss out. There have been numerous other penalty tries with no suspension. bryce should be no different.

He need to be there if we are to make the semis. At the very least fight the grading.

Total crap that he could get 2-3 weeks for that and Justin Poore escapes without a week for a blatant spear tackle.

LOL.

he gets 2 weeks reguardless so why not fight it if hes guilty he gets 3 weeks so its only a trial game he will miss out on if we dont make the finals

There was nothing in the two Hayne "offenses" IMO.. nothing in Gibbs' offense either.

@Hit or Miss said:
@Mrs T said:
It's a bit of a joke really - 2-3 weeks for that, when Thurston and Soward spend no time on the sideline for their "feet first" incidents. :confused:

Maybe im still a little upset with Bryce, but heres my opinion on the 2009 Rules

Following Are Allowed:

- Kicking a player in the head after scoring a try -Thurston

- Kicking A Player in the head while they attempt to score a try - Soward

- Biting a Player on the arm (If wearing a Dragons Jersey) - Soward

- Spear Tackles are fine, just ask Justin Poore

- Elbows to the head - Hayne

The following will be punished

- Knees (It is an offence but i didnt think it was the worst ive ever seen)- Gibbs

- Biting a Player with out a dragons Jersey on. - Zillman

Yeah seems about right too Hit or Miss

Members online

Back