Golf Fanatics

Cam Smith hung in their today to be in the last group tomorrow.
I just saw him pull off one of the best shots I've seen in a long time pitching over the shoulder of the green.
He's going to be number 1 next year 🤞

Another great Aussie golfer Minjee Lee is club house leader going into the final round of the Women US Open.
For me that would be an awesome trifecta,
Lee, Smith and Kambo

Minjee Lee takes out the prestigious US Open.
Aussies have finally got something to cheer about and she has 1.8 million reasons to smile too!
minjee-lee-1-1.jpg

Hey everyone, it's prob not interesting to most but I have to tell ya that after getting my body "back on line" I finally found my way back onto the golf course today.
I played pretty average but the arm held up, woo hoo.
The club captain is considering making me the club's tour guide because today I visited every inch of the course and lost four balls doing so 🤣

Hey everyone, it's prob not interesting to most but I have to tell ya that after getting my body "back on line" I finally found my way back onto the golf course today.
The club captain is considering making me the club's tour guide because today I visited every inch of the course and lost four balls doing so 🤣
Good to hear the shoulder held up and it’s common to have bad game after a return from injury.

What golf ball are people using? I normally use Srixon but picked up a box of calaway warbirds on special, haven’t played them yet.

Good to hear the shoulder held up and it’s common to have bad game after a return from injury.
Yeh thanks mate. I actually hit 70% of fairways off the tee but I struggled putting and short game was horrendous, timing 🤪
The best thing was having a hit with my mates.
Brisbane weather atm is awesome.

What golf ball are people using? I normally use Srixon but picked up a box of calaway warbirds on special, haven’t played them yet.
Taylormade Tp5x
Could have used std ball Tp5 today because I had no feel around green

Hi Cobar,yesterday I went up to the local golf course where I used to be the club supervisor...I got a bucket of balls which had about 70/80 practice balls in it...
Started off with hitting the 8 iron to get the swing going,I havent played or hit a ball in over 18 months...
I finished off the bucket of balls hitting about 30 with my 4 Hybrid rescue club just to try and open the shoulders up a bit...
I really want to play in the Seniors Masters Amateur Championships at the Gold Coast in Oct...I made the 2019/2020 cut both times but covid cancelled them both...
Now Iam making it my goal to get back into my game and down to the 23/24 hcp again to play in the Champs the cutoff for the tournament is 26 hcp and under...
I can feel the bug coming back,but a lot of work to get to the Oct tournament...
Good to see your back into the swing of things(pardon the pun) hahaha.....🏌️‍♂️⛳

• Love
Reactions: BZN
Hi Cobar,yesterday I went up to the local golf course where I used to be the club supervisor...I got a bucket of balls which had about 70/80 practice balls in it...
Started off with hitting the 8 iron to get the swing going,I havent played or hit a ball in over 18 months...
I finished off the bucket of balls hitting about 30 with my 4 Hybrid rescue club just to try and open the shoulders up a bit...
I really want to play in the Seniors Masters Amateur Championships at the Gold Coast in Oct...I made the 2019/2020 cut both times but covid cancelled them both...
Now Iam making it my goal to get back into my game and down to the 23/24 hcp again to play in the Champs the cutoff for the tournament is 26 hcp and under...
I can feel the bug coming back,but a lot of work to get to the Oct tournament...
Good to see your back into the swing of things(pardon the pun) hahaha.....🏌️‍♂️⛳
Cheers brother.
Good to see your back into it as well.
I wish I could play 4 practice balls before the proper ball 🤣

Cheers brother.
Good to see your back into it as well.
I wish I could play 4 practice balls before the proper ball 🤣
I dont know your setup before you play but I used to get a small bucket of balls and go to the practice range and hit them with a 6 iron just to loosen up and warm up the old body....it does help before you tee off in the comp..it just depends on how keen people are to be competative ...love the game and sometimes I would take ham and cheese rolls for our group and a six pack of mid strength beers to get me through a gruelling 18 holes,Im a lefty and sometimes slice the crap out of the ball and end up on the other fairway...Ive been known to cover more ground than Burke and Wills at times :poop:..hahaha
Now my mate is the club pro,he is going to start coaching me to get back into it....🏌️‍♂️

They are a good ball to hit TCL,we used to sell a heap of them at the pro shop when I worked in there...Not saying your old mate but they are a softer ball for more senior players and high hcpers,if I remember they are about 80/90 compression whereby the Titleist pro Vs are about 100 compression which suit low markers and the pros...
I have about 2 dozen Bridgestone TTEO soft that Ive had for 2 years,they are good to hit,but I dont know if they are still available hahaha,they seem to update golf balls every year and name them something else...Srixon soft feel in the green packet are a very popular ball good to hit....on Callaway,they used to make a Supersoft ball they were great as well....hope this info helps you mate and enjoy your game...

I used to be a low H'capper in A grade however since my body after surgeries reassembles more of a patchwork quilt than a finely tuned athlete, I'm all over the shop.
Having an artificial shoulder, wrist, knee and spinal fusion it makes it difficult just to sit on the can let alone play golf.
Still I love the outdoors and competing though.
I like the sound of those ham and cheese rolls (I hope there is pickles on them).
👍

• Haha
I used to be a low H'capper in A grade however since my body after surgeries reassembles more of a patchwork quilt than a finely tuned athlete, I'm all over the shop.
Having an artificial shoulder, wrist, knee and spinal fusion it makes it difficult just to sit on the can let alone play golf.
Still I love the outdoors and competing though.
I like the sound of those ham and cheese rolls (I hope there is pickles on them).
👍
Green tomato relish...
I know you are really keen on your golf mate and if you would like some advice from a bloke that worked in the pro shop and with the pro when we had clinics...try and do some exercises at home in the spare time to get the areas that you had surgery on to strengthen them up,there are plenty of things you can do to make it easier to swing your club than you know...
I will give you an example of when I tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder,I couldnt lift my right arm higher than my waist at first,many months lifting a weight in the right arm about 10 reps at a time rest and do about 50 all up helped me tremendously..it took a long time to get the full movement and rotation back(about 18months) but I eventually got all my strength back,then it took another 12 months to swing a club confidently again...I dont want to sound like an expert Cobar but its just small things that can help and more than anything I like to help people whenever I can with whatever I can...;)

Green tomato relish...
I know you are really keen on your golf mate and if you would like some advice from a bloke that worked in the pro shop and with the pro when we had clinics...try and do some exercises at home in the spare time to get the areas that you had surgery on to strengthen them up,there are plenty of things you can do to make it easier to swing your club than you know...
I will give you an example of when I tore the rotator cuff in my right shoulder,I couldnt lift my right arm higher than my waist at first,many months lifting a weight in the right arm about 10 reps at a time rest and do about 50 all up helped me tremendously..it took a long time to get the full movement and rotation back(about 18months) but I eventually got all my strength back,then it took another 12 months to swing a club confidently again...I dont want to sound like an expert Cobar but its just small things that can help and more than anything I like to help people whenever I can with whatever I can...;)
Great advice mate.
Ive actually got my own gym 🤣 and I go to my physio mondays and fridays.
I must admit I should get into yoga because I'm as flexible as a crowbar 🤣

Great advice mate.
Ive actually got my own gym 🤣 and I go to my physio mondays and fridays.
I must admit I should get into yoga because I'm as flexible as a crowbar 🤣
Mate how about a couple of Penthouse Playmates a couple of times a week...Now that would get you flexible...:ROFLMAO:(y)

• Haha
Mate how about a couple of Penthouse Playmates a couple of times a week...Now that would get you flexible...:ROFLMAO:(y)
Ha ha, I've got a beautiful lady that keeps me on the straight and narrow mate.
What was your home course again tiger?

• Love
Back