Halves

Nup Im judging whats happening right now. I don't think Hastings is the be all and end all by any means but also don't support an agenda against him to justify a decision by Sheens choices. He backed Brooks and moved on Hastings and Madden and I'm judging those decisions based on what's happening right now.
he said last year Hastings was a 13 abd when AD and Brooks were fit he played Hastings at 13. As for Madden well he was gone and not getting a run and hasn't been seen at Broncos either tbh. At a reported 900k a season Newcastle signed Hastings with he is not worth that.
As for Brooks he is on the backended 1 million dollar 2023, if he is re-signed which I think he will be it won't be on anywhere near 1 million and will have a long service discount of 180k attached to it and it would likely be as a 6

Nup Im judging whats happening right now. I don't think Hastings is the be all and end all by any means but also don't support an agenda against him to justify a decision by Sheens choices. He backed Brooks and moved on Hastings and Madden and I'm judging those decisions based on what's happening right now.

Let's be real clear what they did. There are two halves in a team plus back-ups. They got rid of 1 halves option (Hastings) and a back-up option (Madden).

Brooks as one of our halves has performed well this season. 2 20 minute periods of ineptitude amongst generally solid play plus he has been a key player in most of the tries we've scored the last 2 games. It's a massive out performance so far.

Doueihi was extremely poor and then did his ACL. He was playing well the game he did his ACL.

We bought Wakeham to replace Madden.

The club definitely made the wrong decision in letting at least one of those players go but how bad a decision is it ?

Are Madden and Hastings really killing it ?

Let's be real clear what they did. There are two halves in a team plus back-ups. They got rid of 1 halves option (Hastings) and a back-up option (Madden).

Brooks as one of our halves has performed well this season. 2 20 minute periods of ineptitude amongst generally solid play plus he has been a key player in most of the tries we've scored the last 2 games. It's a massive out performance so far.

Doueihi was extremely poor and then did his ACL. He was playing well the game he did his ACL.

The club definitely made the wrong decision in letting at least one of those players go but how bad a decision is it ?

Is this account / profile meant to be a joke?

I’m still not sure.

That thinking sums up what I think of this whole opinion.

Is this account / profile meant to be a joke?

I’m still not sure.

That thinking sums up what I think of this whole opinion.

You can't just answer directly ? I've watched a bit of Hastings and he hasn't looked that good to me. I haven't seen Madden play.

I think the big issue has really been Doueihi's low performance and then injury rather than anything else.

he said last year Hastings was a 13 abd when AD and Brooks were fit he played Hastings at 13. As for Madden well he was gone and not getting a run and hasn't been seen at Broncos either tbh. At a reported 900k a season Newcastle signed Hastings with he is not worth that.
As for Brooks he is on the backended 1 million dollar 2023, if he is re-signed which I think he will be it won't be on anywhere near 1 million and will have a long service discount of 180k attached to it and it would likely be as a 6
Mate there is no way in hell you would have tolerated this position under the last coach what makes it any more tolerable under Sheens - who is now the coach over our worst losing record with what was supposed to be our best recruitment drive in years.
To your credit at least you still here defending your stance - but c'mon their has to be some accountabilty for the position we are in from the bloke making all the decisions apart from the players performances.

As mentioned in another thread.

Successful sports teams pay their Game Winners the big bucks.

Without a great quarterback,u ain't winning many games.

Our million dollar player can't make decisions and doesn't deserve to be resigned even on half the price.
Spartan, I'm very worried, as others have mentioned he's been able to talk with other teams since November and it's been crickets. I cant blame the other clubs, hes cooked. Normally you would hear about a clubs interest yet there's nothing, I'm hoping we havnt already resigned him and are waiting for the time to announce it.

To your credit at least you still here defending your stance - but c'mon their has to be some accountabilty for the position we are in from the bloke making all the decisions apart from the players performances.

What are you going to do ?

We cannot sack Sheens. It's year 1 of a 5 year plan and Sheens is only here for the first 2 years.

They've prepped us for this.

I've thought about this and I seriously believe he is being protected by someone on the board. I can't believe that several coaches could not see what has been pretty obvious for a while now.
My thoughts exactly, I posted a while ago it must be someone on board level, how else can he have 6 coaches come and go and not once see reserve grade.

Laurie has to be in for Wakeham who is not NRL level. Sheens is so stubborn & obviously does not want Laurie at the club anymore like he did not want Hastings there once Jackson challenged him to be halfback & not a lock he was our best option in the halves by far & the media should give it to Sheens for that reason.
Sheens was carrying on about how everyone is training in 2 positions, why can't Simpkins have a crack at 7 and bugger Brooks off, we've been trying to accommodate the poser for 10 years when enough, enough. Simpkins can move out of the way in defence, he can go missing and decide to play when it suits him. He has more heart though so he is an improvement on Brooks

I believe that we would have been better off with them than without them and anything else is speculative.
What are you going to do ?

We cannot sack Sheens. It's year 1 of a 5 year plan and Sheens is only here for the first 2 years.

They've prepped us for this.
"They've" - may have erred.

Some people with their heads in the sand here talking about Hastings.

Their team is no better than ours and yet they've got 3 wins and a draw. They narrowly lost to the Cowboys last week and pushed the Panthers to golden point too. Hastings' field goal attempt against Manly also missed by whiskers. They very well could have been at 6 wins if a few coin flips go their way.

They beat us with Ponga and Brailey going down early and Frizell halfway through. Overcame a sin-bin and a send-off at Leichhardt, despite us being parked down their end the entire game.

No-one is calling Hastings Nathan Cleary or Andrew Johns, but he's a good halfback in this competition. He can structure your attack, manage the game well and play his role in generating points. He might not win us a competition on his own, but you can definitely win plenty of games with him and make the 8. That's a marked improvement on where we're at now. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day. If we were 10th with Hastings in the 7, there'd be way less media hit pieces, players from other clubs would actually be interested in joining us since we'd have a bit of momentum and things would look to be on the up. Instead, 17th with our dopey coaches insisting on Brooks in the 7.
If Hastings was playing behind our pack and had as much ball in the opposition 20 as our pack are providing our guys, scoring points wouldn't be an issue.

Brooks has performed well this year, sorry but give the drugs up, they'll rot your brain.

If Hastings was playing behind our pack and had as much ball in the opposition 20 as our pack are providing our guys, scoring points wouldn't be an issue.

Hasting is going to stop Kepaoa and Talau's poor defensive reads...
He's going to stop the ball dropping errors or giving away dumb penalties....

Yesterday - He stops Bateman losing the ball twice at critical times?
Stops Bulas' fumble or Saab beating Junior?
I very much doubt it....

Spartan, I'm very worried, as others have mentioned he's been able to talk with other teams since November and it's been crickets. I cant blame the other clubs, hes cooked. Normally you would hear about a clubs interest yet there's nothing, I'm hoping we havnt already resigned him and are waiting for the time to announce it.
Like I said to my eldest when He was looking at a particular Car that has been online for Ages at a very good Price....

If there is no Market for it then it probably has an issue.

There is no one falling over themselves to poach that Player.... then...

This is the argument to kill all the low IQ "Hastings didn't do anything here, we finished last year with him" troll comments.

No shit Sherlock. We finished last with Brooks here last year too but that doesnt stop your Brooks bootlicking!!! Difference is your 10 year excuse has been Brooks never played behind a decent pack. Now he is he cant convert a single play in the 20m attack. Hastings would have us at 5-2 this year behind our 2023 pack. Give yourselves an uppercut.

Hasting is going to stop Kepaoa and Talau's poor defensive reads...
He's going to stop the ball dropping errors or giving away dumb penalties....

Yesterday - He stops Bateman losing the ball twice at critical times?
Stops Bulas' fumble or Saab beating Junior?
I very much doubt it....
Hasting would have put on tries inside the 20m with the plethora of attacking moments the forwards present on a platter to Brooks week after week like yesterday. None of the errors you listed matter or would have happened. Your point is moot.

Mrs Brooks please stop posting your making me feel sick

Back