OFFICIAL Harold Matthews Cup

Big Makka touched the ball 4 times: Twice during conversion attempts, once when he passed to Walker who set up the try for Lele and then once when he spilt the ball that led to the Worriers' 2nd try. Surely he has to get more ball in the 2nd half?

Big Makka touched the ball 4 times: Twice during conversion attempts, once when he passed to Walker who set up the try for Lele and then once when he spilt the ball that led to the Worriers' 2nd try. Surely he has to get more ball in the 2nd half?

Isdale. I hate to single out a player. So young too
but it's on him..since Makasini missed the conversion
he's given them the ball 60 out for 3 sets in a row
and hasn't used his left edge near enough ...

Isdale goes the wrong way and throws a cutout to a centre who easily gets pushed into touch.
I doubt Isdales dad will hook him but it's close.
Godinet the only player having a crack, he looks great.

Isdale goes the wrong way and throws a cutout to a centre who easily gets pushed into touch.

Pheonix Godinet is a future 1st grader. Got it all

Wests with a 3 man overlap, isdale kicks in the 3rd but much is way too short and Karnib can't gather cleanly. Another cheap turnover

Yet another atrocious kick from isdale and the warriors dive on the ball, we try to push them in first bit a second effort is penalised.

A few sets on their half and our attack is Woeful. Totally uncoordinated, no cohesion. Balls hitting the deck. We get a strip but glassie for whatever's reasons tried to tip toe down the sideline and gets pushed out. So so dumb

Napoleon complex. Little man without his dad. 96kg
GPS sprinter who runs sub-12 outside him and he
just keeps making the wrong decisions it's shattering

We have another crack but once again Glassie gets pushed into touch. He's been atrocious.

Warriors get the ball back Karnib fumbles a kick and Warriors stroll over. 28-10, game over.

Sadly this side has very few first grade prospects.

Makasini and the large boys, and a couple of decent forwards but just too many small players

Taupau-moors crashes over to try juice is a heartbeat, need 3 converted tries to draw level, that's one, 8 mins to go

And with 5 defenders on him a warriors player still manages to score while being held up over the line. Not a single player covers the ball. A skill no one in the club at any level seems to have. A Woeful end to a far superior opponent.

Warriors knocked off all 3 undefeated teams to win the comp, fair play to them, that's a great effort

A sad end to a decent season. But this club seriously needs to look at the types of players we recruit. Way too many small backs across all grades, too many small forwards too. We need to recruit for the modern game, big players across the board, a few smaller ones sure, but the average size of our players needs to be more athletic builds.
Wingers and fullbacks who are under 180cm just don't cut it unless they're Reece Walsh type pace and skill, which ours aren't. Nuggety hard working types should be the exception not the norm.

The warriors halfback they look pinched from the knights looked sharp. Don't see much place for Karnib moving forwards. Goodfield and Makasini the only backs with a remote chance of moving up through the grades.

Great season by the boys to only lose 1 game all year and sometimes it isn't your day especially when missing your starting props and your best player.

As per some of the comments they went right all day and Makasini saw no ball which was so weird especially as Galssie was avsergae on the other side . Godinet was damaging everytim he got the ball and the 15 Havea off the bench is impressive every time you see him.

Plenty of potential for the future in that squad- Makasini, Large x 2, Havea, Godinet, Moors and the other prop who I can't remember from last week.

Warriors wanted it more today and we just kept taking wrong options when we had chances. I don't understand the obsession we had with kicking early (particularly in the red zone) and going right to Glassie. Totally neglected Makasini's side of the field when we stripped them so easily for numbers to score the 2nd try.

Moors, Godinet and Large showed some ticker and skill.

Oh well....they will learn from it and move on. Good season from the boys, but well done to the Warriors today. They deserved it!

Last edited:

Members online

Back