Home and away protocols

Juro

At the Parra game, my kids were asking for facepaint, so we trecked around the stadium until we found a couple of ladies and a long line of kiddies. After about 20 minutes we got to the front of the queue, only to have them say that we couldn't get orange paint, because they were employed by the Eels for the day. They had the colour there, but couldn't use it. They could still use black though, which was kind of weird. My daughter got a lovely black and pink butterfly which she loved. My son got some black tiger stripes which he wanted washed off as soon as it was done.

Is this a common practice, or were the Eels just being grinches?

On the other side of the coin, I've noticed the Souths mascot at their away games a couple times. This is the only away mascot I can recall seeing. Are they allowed to do this, and if so, why don't other clubs?

When it comes to kiddies that sort of thing shouldn't matter, just let them have their face painted how they like.

As for Souths, they were also there selling doubles.

@Juro said:
At the Parra game, my kids were asking for facepaint, so we trecked around the stadium until we found a couple of ladies and a long line of kiddies. After about 20 minutes we got to the front of the queue, only to have them say that we couldn't get orange paint, because they were employed by the Eels for the day. They had the colour there, but couldn't use it. They could still use black though, which was kind of weird. My daughter got a lovely black and pink butterfly which she loved. My son got some black tiger stripes which he wanted washed off as soon as it was done.

Is this a common practice, or were the Eels just being grinches?

On the other side of the coin, I've noticed the Souths mascot at their away games a couple times. This is the only away mascot I can recall seeing. Are they allowed to do this, and if so, why don't other clubs?

Mark the magpie used to travel.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

I recall seeing a little girl in Tigers gear on the telecast with blue and gold paint on her face. I thought it was strange at the time.

Pretty ordinary form if they're being told the kids can't have their faces painted whatever colour they want.

Nrl in general is way behind in creating game day atmosphere IMO.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

I remember a game back in 2009 where they had the 'Marching Koala's' as the pre-game entertainment, I thought before they came on that it was pretty 'how your goin'!, however during the game itself they provided some background music that rose and fell with the tempo of the game, crikey I can't believe the club hasn't had them back sometime in the intervening years, great entertainment!.

Back