How many expected at Leichhardt Oval?

@Tony33 said:
@Geo. said:
@Tony33 said:
@Tiger Watto said:
37'500… Oh, where a Sydney Club

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Give Brisbane 2 clubs and watch that number decrease. Give it 4 and watch it decrease again. Give it 8 and it will decrease again.

Give Sydney 1 club and watch that number increase..

Stop giving him ideas Tony please….

These Queenslanders need all the help they can get when it comes to common sense :laughing:

You coming in the Predict 6 next Season Tony ?

They need to offer cheap family tickets.
$25 for a family or something.

Bring back the fans that have been turned off attending in recent times.

@foreveratiger said:
You coming in the Predict 6 next Season Tony ?

yes mate ! I thought i posted it in the thread ?

If I didn't I apologise, but yes definitely in for next season :smiley:

Won't be more than 5k. The fact that the club tweeted such a low estimate for the figure, and basically begged people to show up is not a good sign. They've even used some random motivational speech off youtube by a b grade actor to try and get people excited. They're pushing shit up a hill this week and they know it.

@GNR4LIFE said:
Won't be more than 5k. The fact that the club tweeted such a low estimate for the figure, and basically begged people to show up is not a good sign. They've even used some random motivational speech off youtube by a b grade actor to try and get people excited. They're pushing s*** up a hill this week and they know it.

Given what they have dished up in recent times its hard to imagine them getting a half decent crowd, even the most one eyed supporters like the people who visit this forum hit the wall eventually. The board and Mayer surely must be getting the message that the punters have some expectations when they go to a football match.

Anyway me and my mate will be their as always so it will be at least 2, but with some creative work from the people on the gate they will get 7500–well that is about what they will post

I will be there to try to get some value out of platinum membership cost. And, I really think this is a season-defining game. I like the fact that the squad is changed. I hope the changes work well. The Titans are a gusty and willing mob. So, a repeat of the Knights and Cowboys effort will be a disaster. But, …here's hoping! Go the Tigers.

The video i mentioned in my last post is pretty sad actually. It pretty much implies that 10K is impossible by saying 10K is not impossible, if that makes sense. That's how high their expectations are this week, and they're throwing their hands in the air and telling the public how screwed of a situation it is.

Ill be there but I understand the ones turning a blind eye.

To have a consistently losing team is one thing. We have put up with that to an extent for 15 years and still drawn decent crowds most years. To have one playing putrid , one out football is another matter all together. Put the 2 together losing, plus dull football plus cold night and you get a 5 K recipe for disaster.

If the ugly losses turn into ugly wins the punters will get back on board again. Attendance in Sydney is about winning and entertaining and we are doing neither. I would rather the former obviously however when your not getting either the enthusiasum to turn up is near zero.

@Geo. said:
Wests Tigers ‏@WestsTigers 3h3 hours ago
Need our WT family to spread the word for Friday at LO. Looking like only 5,000 at the moment. We need you to help the team turn it around!

Not looking flash so far…

Fair dinkum,what a statement…"We need you to help the team turn it around"...Taylor is paid to turn it around and if he dishes the s..t up like against the Knights and Cows the crowds will be more like 500 for the next few games...if their lucky.. I went to Campbelltown when we played the Dragons and couldn't get in because of poorly managed pay windows, I paid a membership to help support my club the WTs,I went again to watch them play the Cowboys and was dished up crap to watch.......and they want me to help turn it around...if they put me on the payroll and let me into the club administration etc.. I will turn it around and the cronies running the place won't like it..

I would turn it around.....turn the team around and kick their arses...and Taylor's as well...
\
\
Heaven help us when they make statements like that......something more like....I Jason Taylor would like to apologise for the dismal performances we have had because of my inability to let the attacking flair come into the game.....we must learn to defend,defend and defend ourselves out of the NRL because we can't score points...sorry once again....

@Tony33 said:
@Tiger Watto said:
37'500… Oh, where a Sydney Club

Give Brisbane 2 clubs and watch that number decrease. Give it 4 and watch it decrease again. Give it 8 and it will decrease again.

Give Sydney 1 club and watch that number increase..

Yep… Pretty Much.

Lets hope you work for the NRL!

Leichhardt Oval is a strange place when it comes to predicting a crowd. I remember a few years ago there they played the Cowboys on a Monday night at 16 000 turned up on the back of a Tigers 3 or 4 game losing streak. The fact that it is Live on Ch9, I think they will be thrilled with 6-7 thousand.

@TrueTiger said:
something more like….I Jason Taylor would like to apologise for the dismal performances we have had because of my inability to let the attacking flair come into the game.....we must learn to defend,defend and defend ourselves out of the NRL because we can't score points...sorry once again....

Something like that i might come around to.

But failing that they arent getting one cent of my money.

Its a shame because i would have been all over the State Cup game in Goulburn also, but forget that for a joke.

I'm staunch and never miss a LO game and have season LO tix and Im so non plussed.

IM saying 7800.

If the tigers game is the main free to air game on Friday,they have to do some entertaining.
A lot of people watch the Friday and Sunday afo games and form their opinions on the basis of these free televised games.
Supporters who attend games and those who have pay t v know how badly the team is going at present.
The team has to produce entertainment of Friday. If they don,t they will continue the slide in credibility in both supporters eyes and general rugby league followers.
It's simples.as the TV ad goes.

@TrueTiger said:
@Geo. said:
Wests Tigers ‏@WestsTigers 3h3 hours ago
Need our WT family to spread the word for Friday at LO. Looking like only 5,000 at the moment. We need you to help the team turn it around!

Not looking flash so far…

Fair dinkum,what a statement…"We need you to help the team turn it around"...Taylor is paid to turn it around and if he dishes the s..t up like against the Knights and Cows the crowds will be more like 500 for the next few games...if their lucky.. I went to Campbelltown when we played the Dragons and couldn't get in because of poorly managed pay windows, I paid a membership to help support my club the WTs,I went again to watch them play the Cowboys and was dished up crap to watch.......and they want me to help turn it around...if they put me on the payroll and let me into the club administration etc.. I will turn it around and the cronies running the place won't like it..
\
\
\
I would turn it around.....turn the team around and kick their arses...and Taylor's as well...
\
\
Heaven help us when they make statements like that......something more like....I Jason Taylor would like to apologise for the dismal performances we have had because of my inability to let the attacking flair come into the game.....we must learn to defend,defend and defend ourselves out of the NRL because we can't score points...sorry once again....

Ahhh… I bet you feel better after that rant TT :wink:
Made me feel better reading it :slight_smile:

A few points - I'm heading down as I HATE missing any game at Leichhardt, but I completely understand if others don't. Very cold Friday night, playing against an out of Sydney team who don't spur much excitement, and to add to that, we're not playing well, not winning and playing boring football, and we have a coach who is happy for us to play boring football. The club can't expect fans to turn up and watch if all we're going to do is 5 tackles and kick - this is an entertainment business.

I also find it quite poor that it's taken until 48 hours before the game for the club to truly start pumping it up. What were they doing in the bye week last week? They would have seen the small crowd coming, yet seemed content to sit on it until now to start really promoting the game. I live within walking distance of the ground yet haven't seen anything in the community promoting the game or any of the offers they've made late. Find it quite poor and lazy on their behalf, although the cynic in me says it may be what they want to give a reason to move games away. I certainly hope this is not the case.

Meh, don't blame people for not going, save 3 hours of their life.

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3_

I won't be there as my shift finishes at 8.30 pm. But i'll be there in spirit. :stuck_out_tongue:
Will be recording the game instead. I hope the team puts on a great performance for all the fans that will be attending the game. :sign:

Latest posts

Back