How many expected at Leichhardt Oval?

@glebe_tiger said:
That crowd number is indicative of where the team is at. We would of got that at any of our 3 home grounds. Would of looked even worse at ANZ. And they want to move more games to ANZ, yeah nice.

Yeah $100k a game would be nice.

i would've been happy with 7.. anything above 6 i thought was good coz it wasn't too embarassing lol

All this talk of the Tigers missing out on $100k is laughable. Mayer himself quoted this week in response to a question stated that Campbo only members are 2200 and Leichhardt 3500\. Lets do the numbers in regards to Leichhardt, cheapest Adult package for Leichhardt membership is $86 for gen admin, kids $56 and premium $139\. So on average lets assume its the $86 x 3500 = $301,000 for 4 games.
The prev game at Leichhardt attracted over 13,000 and would have made the club somewhere around $200-$300k (lets assume 10000 tickets sold at $25 each = $250k + merch, sponsors, corporate packages).

So they move all games to ANZ, how many Leichhardt/Campbo members only would upgrade to ANZ? I couldn't imagine too many. How long then until ANZ drop the hire fee they pay to a club that attracts a few thousand to a home game? What will be the financial cost in losing the areas of Balmain and Campbelltown with no connection to a community other than a couple of coaching clinics run by injured/lower grade players or open training sessions only run on weekdays?

If that exact game was played at ANZ on Friday night with the same circumstances of an underperforming team against the Titans what would the crowd have been, 2000-3000 maybe?? Possibly a few extra ANZ members who contribute no funds to the club and a whole bunch of free tickets! There are also game day costs of playing a game at ANZ. What percentage of merchandise sales sold at the venue go to ANZ? Surely also the Wests Tigers game day staff/cheerleaders/merchandise/security don't work for free…

@angry ant said:
All this talk of the Tigers missing out on $100k is laughable. Mayer himself quoted this week in response to a question stated that Campbo only members are 2200 and Leichhardt 3500\. Lets do the numbers in regards to Leichhardt, cheapest Adult package for Leichhardt membership is $86 for gen admin, kids $56 and premium $139\. So on average lets assume its the $86 x 3500 = $301,000 for 4 games.
The prev game at Leichhardt attracted over 13,000 and would have made the club somewhere around $200-$300k (lets assume 10000 tickets sold at $25 each = $250k + merch, sponsors, corporate packages).

So they move all games to ANZ, how many Leichhardt/Campbo members only would upgrade to ANZ? I couldn't imagine too many. How long then until ANZ drop the hire fee they pay to a club that attracts a few thousand to a home game? What will be the financial cost in losing the areas of Balmain and Campbelltown with no connection to a community other than a couple of coaching clinics run by injured/lower grade players or open training sessions only run on weekdays?

If that exact game was played at ANZ on Friday night with the same circumstances of an underperforming team against the Titans what would the crowd have been, 2000-3000 maybe?? Possibly a few extra ANZ members who contribute no funds to the club and a whole bunch of free tickets! There are also game day costs of playing a game at ANZ. What percentage of merchandise sales sold at the venue go to ANZ? Surely also the Wests Tigers game day staff/cheerleaders/merchandise/security don't work for free…

About your figures on the profit at LO. Successive CEO's have stated we need to get around 12,000 to a game to break even. Why would they lie about that? Your figures dont even take into costs of staging the event.
About getting 2000 to ANZ. Go and have a look at our lowest drawing crowds. ALL of then have been at LO or CSS.
Now, who are the biggest,strongest clubs in Sydney? Those that play out of crap holes or those who play out of stadiums?

@gallagher said:
Now, who are the biggest,strongest clubs in Sydney? Those that play out of crap holes or those who play out of stadiums?

I doubt it has all to do with the stadium they play at. Take away rich benefactors and mega leagues clubs and some of those clubs wouldn't be where they're at today.

Manly, suburban ground, still years of success until recently.
Parra, decent home ground and a wealthy club by comparable standards yet to eventuate onfield success for decades.

Dragons have same 4,4,4 split as us, isn't harming their success this year.

@gallagher said:
@angry ant said:

About your figures on the profit at LO. Successive CEO's have stated we need to get around 12,000 to a game to break even. Why would they lie about that? Your figures dont even take into costs of staging the event.
About getting 2000 to ANZ. Go and have a look at our lowest drawing crowds. ALL of then have been at LO or CSS.

I agree with your general view. The club can no longer afford to keep having money go down the toilet. I don't think anyone could really complain logically if they moved to ANZ fulltime.

However don't try and pull the wool over peoples eyes in regards to tthe actual crowd comparisons. LO and CS draw the lowest crowds because they get the dud games. If ANZ got the Titans, Penrith, Canberra, Melbourne etc they would have our lowest crowds.

I don't think it is as simple as moving to ANZ and becoming the strongest club in Sydney. Sure Canterbury and Souths ar strong, however Saints and Manly have won 3 premiershis combined in the last 7-8 years and they were not out of ANZ

Our main problem is the roster. And if we need more money to invest in that roster from ANZ then I would be in favour even if it is a pretty soulless place.

Fair points. I'm more talking about financial success firstly rather than on field. Financial success should lead to on field success.
Manly and saints have had their successes on the field but are in just as bad a shape financialy as us. And they will continue to struggle financially. We have a chance to improve our finances significantly in one simple move.
And i don't think we'd ever get a sub 10k crowd at ANZ. Just my opinion.

That's as good as any argument you could come up with for playing at LO

GWS got a bigger crowd than us this weekend. Against a qld team too. Guess what? They play or of a stadium!

I went to aw GWS game last year were they got about 4K, at the same stadium

The team is now winning, hence bigger crowds.

Would their crowds be increasing if they played out of Henson park?

@gallagher said:
@angry ant said:

Dogs play out of ANZ due to necessity. Belmore holds 12-15,000 capacity. full stop otherwise they'd be at belmore still.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Why don't we play cowboys, storm ,titans ,raiders and all other out of town teams at ANZ.
TO make the numbers low at LO & CSS to help their agenda of moving to ANZ full time no doubt.
Give us a winning team & the crowds will be back.

Look its a pretty strong argument you have. We can't continue to lose money on home games,

I was more coming in to just try an balance the facts about small crowds. ANZ get to pick the highest drawing games and rightly so.

However if we were playing the Titan at ANZ on Friday, there would have been less then 7K in my opinion or maybe about the same.

You won't agree i know.

Members online

Back