How many expected at Leichhardt Oval?

@simonthetiger said:
@tsjonathan said:
Pathetic turn out.

I know GC are non Sydney but I would have thought at least 10,000

Why is it pathetic???

Every one of them should get a medal for going when they knew the slop they were gonna get served.

Actually take out the video ref and it was a wondeful spectacle with full strength beer and lots of great tries and as I said take out horrible video reffing tigers even won

Haha…someone wants a medal...another true supporter.
The buskers down the quay are more entertaining...can't blame people for not bothering to make an effort to witness dull uninspiring, C Grade level footy.
People are voting with their feet....doesn't matter what ground it is....who you make (C) for that week...what special deal you have on offer...you can't give tix away to our games currently

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3_

The club is in trouble the crowds will get worse and the finances will be a disaster…thanks Taylor.

@Snake said:
The club is in trouble the crowds will get worse and the finances will be a disaster…thanks Taylor.

Don't blame the coach our players are not NRL standard

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@alexaki said:
@Snake said:

Don't blame the coach our players are not NRL standard

I can sense this time next year people will be complaining about Farah having one more year ( 2017 ) to play just like people have been complaining about Lawrence.

We are paying the price big time for the Salary Cap mess all those years ago , wouldn't surprise me if we are still paying Heighno and Gibbs

I don't think it would have mattered where played at last night the crowd would have been similar.

People pay to be entertained when they go out but sadly this team is pretty boring and are on a losing streak, so until that changes and as Ink said people vote with their feet.

@innsaneink said:
Haha…someone wants a medal...another true supporter.
The buskers down the quay are more entertaining...can't blame people for not bothering to make an effort to witness dull uninspiring, C Grade level footy.
People are voting with their feet....doesn't matter what ground it is....who you make (C) for that week...what special deal you have on offer...you can't give tix away to our games currently

_Posted using RoarFEED Android 1.2.3_

The sad thing for me was that in Rocky our TV game was on second - and I didn't bother watching it.

Well - I went. Great conditions for a winters night game. Be lying if I said I enjoyed it. Saw some glimpses in the second half, and glad to see Chris Lawrence go well. Much easier to support a team when they are winning - tour of duty last night.

Another $100k + flushed down the dunny. The club cannot go on ignoring it.

@Geo. said:
@foreveratiger said:
@NJLM78 said:
@Eye Of Da Tiger said:
The pies were ok. Pretty poor turn out.

There may have been more pies than people.

I actually thought they might get a lot less than 7k.

What was the actual Crowd?

7103….

The crowd really built up in the 10 mins before kick off. I think that 7100 might be a bit less than what I thought was there. I thought between 8-9000 might be closer to the mark.

Sounded like 20000 odd at times. Loads of banter on the hill. Such a great place to watch the footy & I really thought we'd get the boys home last night.

That crowd number is indicative of where the team is at. We would of got that at any of our 3 home grounds. Would of looked even worse at ANZ. And they want to move more games to ANZ, yeah nice.

@gallagher said:

Yep, $800,000 turned down per year by this club. There is our backrower and centre we can't afford. Never mind it's only money. Until we make the hard decisions we will always struggle.

@kiwitiger said:
@gallagher said:

Yep, $800,000 turned down per year by this club. There is our backrower and centre we can't afford. Never mind it's only money. Until we make the hard decisions we will always struggle.

How many do we need to get at Leichhardt or Campbeltown for that situation to be profitable?

Some people are suggesting the crowd figures at those games have been deliberately lowered either on the night or through actions in the lead up to games. Then there is the fact that we have struggled to field our best players the last couple of years and this year, well we just suck.

IF they up and leave many are going to ask if the club really tried or just tried to make it look like they had no choice.

We would have got 20k for sure if that game was played at ANZ….

Bwahahahhaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

@simonthetiger said:
We would have got 20k for sure if that game was played at ANZ….

Bwahahahhaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

We would have made 100K though

Back