Isaiah Papali’i #265

He should flee to France for 3 years and come back after & sign for the Roosters.

Cop a lawsuit along the way.
Use all his France income to pay us and the lawyers back.

That's the only way the guy can get out of this contract, you're stuck with us buddy... and you're not winning any fans over either by dismissing us every chance you can get.
I would love it if we filed a successful law suit against these show ponies, managers as included.
The only thing that will stop the rot is hit them in the hip pocket.
The NRL and players union are useless and are hellbent in crippling clubs like us (assumption). Not allowing us to train whist other clubs are playing finals footy is an another example and is hypocritical imo.
There was an article years ago that wrote the NRL were going to keep increasing the cap until struggling clubs die out and only superclubs survive.
Well that has failed so and their unwillingness to help out with contract debacles may be another way to get rid us us.
The same goes for allowing media bashing.
If they don't help with the Papali'i case then they don't care about their product...as hobo says "punt them"
Most of my comments is pure emotion and not much fact but I reckon I'm not on my Pat Malone with all this stuff.

This could end up disastrous for us.
Signing Papalii and Korisau was a big win for the club - in terms of being competitive in the player market. So a backflip/release would be a huge setback with building our roster.

We appear to be a club that continually struggles to find it's bearings and any changes have a marginal impact on improving our situation.
If we could entice another player of a high calibre (and a couple of solid workhorses for our young lads), it will look so much more promising for us - fans included.
We hold all the aces re: Pap. Signed contract..you don't play watch from the sidelines. Would rather WT sacrifice the coin than release him

We hold all the aces re: Pap. Signed contract..you don't play watch from the sidelines. Would rather WT sacrifice the coin than release him
Sounds good but does that help the club.
Will the sposors be happy seeing that money and drawcard sitting it out... don't think so.
If he genuinely doesn't want to be here and will not put in then no-one wins.
His signing was going to help us sign better players....his attitude so far is doing the opposite.
I'm afraid to give my opinion on a solution because I fear for my safety. 😹

Let me tell you how it works.
Rupert’s dopey journos have been flogging the Manly saga for over a week and found out that no clicks because basically nobody gives a toss about that lot !
So what to do 🤔
Of course ! Ole reliable bash the tigers and bingo …… instant clicks !
100% correct.
We’re clickbait for DT Fox hacks.

His career will be shot if he ain’t…..NRL won’t register another clubs contract….for once the NRL are on our side…he either plays for us for next 3 years or sits out of the game forfeiting his $1.8 m contract

If only it was that simple…
Whatever happens - I can guarantee you 2 things…
- he won’t be sitting out 3 years
- it won’t cost him any money

And that doesn’t mean he will be at the tigers either… I’m not even 30% sold that he’ll be here

Sounds good but does that help the club.
Will the sposors be happy seeing that money and drawcard sitting it out... don't think so.
If he genuinely doesn't want to be here and will not put in then no-one wins.
His signing was going to help us sign better players....his attitude so far is doing the opposite.
I'm afraid to give my opinion on a solution because I fear for my safety. 😹
That's similar to how I feel. We need to shake the basketcase tag and don't think this happens until we look to be capable with managing conflict or see some onfield success.
In the meantime we need to attract talented players and somehow promote that our club is a destination club for skilled players wishing to grow with the club.
This is the only way the club can really change the outlook that it operates smoothly.

It wasn't that long ago when it was all about Stefano...will he extend or will he not.
It played out all thru the off season and now Papali'i is stressing us out.
I can see this settling down one way or another after the finals and/or after the deadline.
If we jag some quality players it may give Papali'i some confidence and shut up.
To start getting some good publicity we need to sign someone who will make people take notice.
I know Bateman hasn't been setting the house on fire in England but he's provan he has what it takes to be successful in the NRL.
I'm not saying we go all out for this guy, I'm saying a signing like him my generate some good vibes around the joint.
He and Papali'i would work well together imo.

It wasn't that long ago when it was all about Stefano...will he extend or will he not.
It played out all thru the off season and now Papali'i is stressing us out.
I can see this settling down one way or another after the finals and/or after the deadline.
If we jag some quality players it may give Papali'i some confidence and shut up.
To start getting some good publicity we need to sign someone who will make people take notice.
I know Bateman hasn't been setting the house on fire in England but he's provan he has what it takes to be successful in the NRL.
I'm not saying we go all out for this guy, I'm saying a signing like him my generate some good vibes around the joint.
He and Papali'i would work well together imo.

It sucks being a dysfunctional club & being in the current position we are in.
I just hope the master coach has some secret sauce up his sleeve

Bateman for the price is a silly option for us. The transfer fee + signing fee which would need to be for a few years to entice him back just wouldn't be worth it.

It sucks being a dysfunctional club & being in the current position we are in.
I just hope the master coach has some secret sauce up his sleeve

Bateman for the price is a silly option for us. The transfer fee + signing fee which would need to be for a few years to entice him back just wouldn't be worth it.
Yeh I understand that, just saying we need to jag someone who will stop the noise.

Yeh I understand that, just saying we need to jag someone who will stop the noise.

I expect nothing to happen until probably Feb.
The players will be world cup bound, then will want sometime off then hit the ground running in the new year with clubs wanting stuff sorted Feb-March before season kicks off

If only it was that simple…
Whatever happens - I can guarantee you 2 things…
- he won’t be sitting out 3 years
- it won’t cost him any money

And that doesn’t mean he will be at the tigers either… I’m not even 30% sold that he’ll be here
BB how do performance clauses work.
I think they are mainly directed to coaches aren't they....like you have to get the team into the top eight by next year etc. There couldn't be such a thing for players could there?
If Papa does come here and simply walks around the paddock and we drop him, we still have to pay him hey.
It's a crappy scenario no matter which way you look at it or which way it plays out.
What if we say to him, your not performing well enough and he doesn't play any footy, can he come back at the club for ruining his career? (Who cares 😁)
I have no idea how things work these days.
In my day, playing for a carton of beer and 100 bucks a win seemed so much easier.

BB how do performance clauses work.
I think they are mainly directed to coaches aren't they....like you have to get the team into the top eight by next year etc. There couldn't be such a thing for players could there?
If Papa does come here and simply walks around the paddock and we drop him, we still have to pay him hey.
It's a crappy scenario no matter which way you look at it or which way it plays out.
What if we say to him, your not performing well enough and he doesn't play any footy, can he come back at the club for ruining his career? (Who cares 😁)
I have no idea how things work these days.
In my day, playing for a carton of beer and 100 bucks a win seemed so much easier.

He won’t have to do anything…
There’ll be mental health / player welfare issues…
Restraint of trade
His management and the RLPA will sort it all for him…

Simply put - the club has done everything correctly and has the higher ground (morally)
But if push comes to shove - and he doesn’t want to be here…
we won’t have a leg to stand on….

The only consideration for him will be his reputation - and what value he puts on that…..
I think from the way he’s conducting himself at the moment, it’s not a consideration for him at all.

He won’t have to do anything…
There’ll be mental health / player welfare issues…
Restraint of trade
His management and the RLPA will sort it all for him…

Simply put - the club has done everything correctly and has the higher ground (morally)
But if push comes to shove - and he doesn’t want to be here…
we won’t have a leg to stand on….

The only consideration for him will be his reputation - and what value he puts on that…..
I think from the way he’s conducting himself at the moment, it’s not a consideration for him at all.
Good points. Can the NRL be in charge of contracts?
I know they ratify them but what if they were to handle the whole process once two parties come to the table.
I think reputation is a good point but in Parras mindset I'm sure they wouldn't give a hoot.

Why would there be any sacrifice on our part. If he doesn't play he doesn't get paid.
Afree.. But I thought that money still part of the cap so money allocated to a player that's not playing

Latest posts

Back