Isaiah Papali’i #265

Yep and surely we have learned by now that moving them onto another club because of ridiculous expectations only weakens WTS while strengthening others and making us look more inept.
I would think Ice, Klemmer , Bateman and Api are all quietly thinking the same thing, about their worst fears in joining us being realised.
The club is a basket case and without sound leadership, good backs and proper coaching they will stay that way.
If they stay around it will probably be more for the financial security, not for any real belief things will improve quickly.
Another by-product of our Ill advised planning
over the past 5 years or more, and not taking into account where we are going to conjure up a quality backline.

Disagree. He was a gun in a good team. He’s another guy who just can’t overcome the Wests Tigers shitness. There’s been plenty.
Blore is a great edge forward put him outside some decent half's he would be a star but also shows his versatility playing middle as well blore and seytarth changed the game took em both of 4 trys put on us blore 30 minutes111 metres 2 offloads 1 linebreak 19 tackles 0 missed 1 try

Papalii started slow but has been solid since mid-season. Put a decent set of halves with him and he would shine like he did at Parra.
I'm also warming much more to Blore in recent games. If he maintains his current form, I'd like us to keep him.

Needs an Arthur flogging him.

Boys look unfit.
I'd say they've got to the stage now where they can't be bothered- I suppose (in their favour) we haven't been able to put a regular... team on the field all season- still as far as I'm concerned that is no excuse for throwing in the towel
I feel this club lost it's heart years ago

Victim of a crap side with no incentive to play well - season over, numerous players given the tap or moving on, and best players injured. Not the environment to measure any decent player. On a hiding to nothing.
He’s still getting paid but, should be giving his all

I'd say they've got to the stage now where they can't be bothered- I suppose (in their favour) we haven't been able to put a regular... team on the field all season- still as far as I'm concerned that is no excuse for throwing in the towel
I feel this club lost it's heart years ago
Such a weak excuse… I’ve played in local A grade teams next to guys earning $100 win that never ever lacked for effort… they find a reason to put in, whether for their own pride, or the pride of the team, or the town they played for or the respect of their team mates etc etc.. these guys are getting paid well, really well and living the life a lot of people would kill for. If they cannot find the motivation to apply themselves no matter where the team is on the table then they should be cut , immediately.. ffs it annoys me.. same as this rumour that the Fainu brothers are “worried “ about the team being flogged of late.. a champion kid, a leader kid would look at the team and the game and think 🤔 if I was in that game I would have changed it all ,,, that I would be The Difference, right or wrong,, only a hanger on would want to go to a team that they have to bide their time at or that doesn’t really need them.. I really hope the Fainus can see that they have the talent and ability to be exactly what the tigers need and want to be that player that leads the kind of local team to the top.. if not then we have not really missed anything special..

I’d be looking at him as a front row option if I were the Tigers…good after the line offload, good post contact meters, fast play the ball…allows us to bring an up and comer to second row

I’d be looking at him as a front row option if I were the Tigers…good after the line offload, good post contact meters, fast play the ball…allows us to bring an up and comer to second row
Tigers should look to signing Kulikefu Finefeuiaki from the Cowboys given their depth of second rowers if Papali'i is moved to the front row.

Right now that’s not needed. We have Klem, Stef, Pole, Twal, Blore (if retained) I guess Seyfarth counts but he’s more at the bottom. Plus we have Miller and Fa’agutu as well who play Prop. Right now we shouldn’t be considering moving Ipap to the middle it’s not needed he sticks to backrow.

ICE gets a tough wrap on here. I think he is a good defender, just needs a decent half inside him to make more line breaks. With his partner now in Sydney, he “should be happy” and play his best footy
Have to agree , he joined a shit team from a semi final team and had to settle in and play with very average halves , 24 will see a much better player

Right now that’s not needed. We have Klem, Stef, Pole, Twal, Blore (if retained) I guess Seyfarth counts but he’s more at the bottom. Plus we have Miller and Fa’agutu as well who play Prop. Right now we shouldn’t be considering moving Ipap to the middle it’s not needed he sticks to backrow.
Agreed that Seyfarth is more of a bottom. Needs to show more mongrel if he wants to become a top.

Latest posts

Back