It's a miracle we won today

It's a miracle that Braith try-save was awarded as a try…
Scoreboard should've been much different
\
\
Btw, the knights jerseys were embarrassingly bad.

@innsaneink said:
It was a tough gutsy win despite us playing very average imo.
As stated we lost Fulton & Sirro, we had all manner of BS calls go against us, playing away at a tough Knights home ground with parochial home crowd…against a desperate team fighting for survival...when you look at what we were up against it was a good win.

When we learn to not put ourselves under so much pressure with silly risky play and errors we we do it a lot easier...I think a disruptive bye week/fortnight played a part

That was a crucial win, I wanted those two points so bad as I dont think we'll get the 2 next week.

That is a very good summation. I dont mind some of the risky plays they took today, other than Blair's with 2 minutes to go which was ridiculous. I agree they needed those 2 points as it is hard to see them coming next week without our Origin players. Having said that, Austin was great again today so who knows?

@Demps said:
It's a miracle that Braith try-save was awarded as a try…
Scoreboard should've been much different
\
\
Btw, the knights jerseys were embarrassingly bad.

How could it be a miracle win when Newcastle scored 6 points in what has been reported as "one of the unluckiest tries ever"? It was a deserved win very much of the type needed to win semi-finals. Richards field goal in my opinion was one of the best ever field goals and in my opinion ranked only just behind Brooks' 40/20 as a match turner.

not really a miracle, it shows we are playing as a team and can grind out wins in games we would have lost in years gone by. good times ahead.

@mtd said:
not really a miracle, it shows we are playing as a team and can grind out wins in games we would have lost in years gone by. good times ahead.

I agree. Typically I think we lose that game. Apart from that pass by Blair at the end I think we grinded that win out.

@Flippedy said:
@supercoach said:
The refs kept it close after the Tigers really looked like they were going to rack up a number, than the Tigers hit quick sand due to a very good kicking game from the Knights and fatigue hitting us due to our lack of a full bench and than as only Gidley can do he got us over the line with his sinning binning and a couple of dumb plays at the end.

**Woods was daylight in front of the other 34 players**

Woods plays the game on a different planet! On the Footy Show this morning, Galloway said he would become the greatest prop ever, if he keeps going the way he is - unbelievable wrap!

He is going great guns , but Lazarus is light years ahead of Woods in my opinion

We showed a lot yesterday , imagine how well we will go if we can ever manage to keep 17 players on the field for a match

I can't remember a game when we have finished with our full compliment in 2014

@happy tiger said:
@Flippedy said:
@supercoach said:
The refs kept it close after the Tigers really looked like they were going to rack up a number, than the Tigers hit quick sand due to a very good kicking game from the Knights and fatigue hitting us due to our lack of a full bench and than as only Gidley can do he got us over the line with his sinning binning and a couple of dumb plays at the end.

**Woods was daylight in front of the other 34 players**

Woods plays the game on a different planet! On the Footy Show this morning, Galloway said he would become the greatest prop ever, if he keeps going the way he is - unbelievable wrap!

He is going great guns , but Lazarus is light years ahead of Woods in my opinion

We showed a lot yesterday , imagine how well we will go if we can ever manage to keep 17 players on the field for a match

I can't remember a game when we have finished with our full compliment in 2014

You're right, Happy, Lazarus is still light years ahead, but Woodsy has plenty of time to catch up, or even surpass him :stuck_out_tongue:

Certainly would be nice to finish a game this season without a damn injury!

@mike said:
It's about what I expected for this match. They were flat for large parts of the game. Not much on the field talking going on in those parts. Definitely a lack of communication. Though they did manage a win when not playing their best is a good sign.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

I felt the same way… We have a history of playing average after a break, so getting the win was good.

The biggest thing that hurt us yesterday was we lacked direction for the majority of the game. Farah didn't control the game, and Luke faded in and out too often. Austin comes on and our energy lifted, but again he didn't provide any direction. Late in the match we started building again, and started controlling the game. Was Robbie Injured? [he struggled a bit in that 2nd half]

We will be better for the run, but with a structural change again this week with Robbie being out, we may struggle against Souths?

@Tiger Watto said:
@mike said:
It's about what I expected for this match. They were flat for large parts of the game. Not much on the field talking going on in those parts. Definitely a lack of communication. Though they did manage a win when not playing their best is a good sign.

I felt the same way… We have a history of playing average after a break, so getting the win was good.

The biggest thing that hurt us yesterday was we lacked direction for the majority of the game. Farah didn't control the game, and Luke faded in and out too often. Austin comes on and our energy lifted, but again he didn't provide any direction. Late in the match we started building again, and started controlling the game. Was Robbie Injured? [he struggled a bit in that 2nd half]

We will be better for the run, but with a structural change again this week with Robbie being out, we may struggle against Souths?

Combination of a lot of things Watto

Rebuilding a lot of old combinations with Tedesco and Sirro back

The whole Tedesco saga

Coming of the bye

Playing the 2nd bottom side

Playing with a 2 man bench

@happy tiger said:
@Tiger Watto said:
@mike said:

Combination of a lot of things Watto

Rebuilding a lot of old combinations with Tedesco and Sirro back

The whole Tedesco saga

Coming of the bye

Playing the 2nd bottom side

Playing with a 2 man bench

Newcastle having 15 on the field.

I am loving the way we are hanging in there in the majority of our games. We make mistakes and we don't always look that flash but we still manage to hang in even when things aren't going in our favour like injuries and ref decisions.

There was great atmosphere in the stadium yesterday. Amazes me how much the Knights supporters hate Darius and Gidley. Houston is not rated very highly by their supporters either.

Their jersey was ordinary, but it looked like they had sold a truck full of them!

I thought that the atmosphere at the ground was somewhat subdued with the crowd being silent for long periods. Going into the last scrum, Woods was waving his arms, imploring the crowd to become vocal. Still, I guess that the crowd generally reacts to the football as a spectacle and, to my mind it was a fairly lacklustre affair, only coming to life well into the second half.

Good win, with the game on the line we put them away nicely, 3rd win of the year when we weren't quite there but got the choclates.
Our 5th tackle option were poor way too often, particuarly when we had both Brooks and Austin out there.

They are both a little impulsive, 2 of them at the same time is worrying for me. They both need to calm themselves a little.

We were a little unlucky Boyd came good this week after being woeful this year, but he still dropped his attitude just the once and it won us the game!

I'm glad we signed that fullback from Canberra , tedesco I think his name is . His positional play and his takes under the high ball were outstanding .. Not to mention how he puts his body on the line !

:question: ye: we need to go back to 4big boys on the bench. so we can get back to that roll on. up the middle again.

@Tiger Watto said:
@mike said:

About to get howled down in chorus, but here goes anyhow. Sadly, it pretty well describes what has mostly occurred when Anasta has not been on the field this season, does it not? Though you already knew that Watto, just did not state it.

@ferret said:
:question: ye: we need to go back to 4big boys on the bench. so we can get back to that roll on. up the middle again.

If we do that the decision has to be made whether to drop Anasta or Austin.

@hobbo2803 said:
I'm glad we signed that fullback from Canberra , tedesco I think his name is . His positional play and his takes under the high ball were outstanding .. Not to mention how he puts his body on the line !

Hahaha …that's genuinely funny. Thanks. He did pay well though. Thank God, Allah, Buddha, whoever... that he stayed.

@formerguest said:
@Tiger Watto said:
@mike said:

About to get howled down in chorus, but here goes anyhow. Sadly, it pretty well describes what has mostly occurred when Anasta has not been on the field this season, does it not? Though you already knew that Watto, just did not state it.

I agree. Anasta is not offering anything flash but we have looked much more composed when he is out there

@Goose said:
@formerguest said:
@Tiger Watto said:
@mike said:

I agree. Anasta is not offering anything flash but we have looked much more composed when he is out there

I thought we looked unorganised with Anasta on the field and off the field.

Back