Its Almost Over

We have lots of issues but we were a bottom 4 team prior to the season kicking off and we have a lot of injuries.

We can turn this around and push our way to the top of that bottom 4 group. That is about it for this season unless Hastings turns into superman.
I agree we have a really poor roster and for mine, more alarmingly, we're losing two of our best at the end of the season.

But, I stand by my claim that if the winds of chance had blown the other way, the media would be bagging someone else.

We were deadset awful against Warriors and Titans. So we have played one decent half out of ten.
Call me crazy, but almost winning both of these games while playing bad and having some key players out is a big positive.

Warriors game would have been ours if not for a very bad refereeing error.

Titans game was lost after a freak deflection off the posts.

Even yesterday, we struggled to field a team against the team running second and didn't cop a 40+ loss like we have in previous years.

We won't crack the top 8 and should be doing better, but it's equally not the time to set fire to the place and be rebuilding for the next five years.

The whole 'we had players out due to injury and suspension' excuse is bullshit.

Every team has to deal with players being unavailable due to injury or suspension throughout the season. We are in no way special or hard done by in that regard.

These muppets just aren't trying anymore.

The whole 'we had players out due to injury and suspension' excuse is bullshit.

Every team has to deal with players being unavailable due to injury or suspension throughout the season. We are in no way special or hard done by in that regard.

These muppets just aren't trying anymore.
I agree, it appears some dont look like they are trying, but the injuries and suspension is not BS as you say.

Because of our roster and our time of culture change and getting away from the old bad culture, we miss those players more than other teams. For example, Jackson Hastings means nothing to anyone else, but as one of our potential best, it does mean something. Sure, its not in the same league as Roosters missing a Chrichton or a Radley, but we don't have that luxury at the moment.

And surely youre not suggesting we would still be 0-5 if we had all of the 10 or 11 players that we would usually have in the top grade at least available?

I agree, it appears some dont look like they are trying, but the injuries and suspension is not BS as you say.

Because of our roster and our time of culture change and getting away from the old bad culture, we miss those players more than other teams. For example, Jackson Hastings means nothing to anyone else, but as one of our potential best, it does mean something. Sure, its not in the same league as Roosters missing a Chrichton or a Radley, but we don't have that luxury at the moment.

And surely youre not suggesting we would still be 0-5 if we had all of the 10 or 11 players that we would usually have in the top grade at least available?
Sorry but out of that 10 or 11 that you say are out apart from Stef, Douehi, Hastings how many others whould make a difference or are even proven first graders maybe you can add Dane

Sorry but out of that 10 or 11 that you say are out apart from Stef, Douehi, Hastings how many others whould make a difference or are even proven first graders maybe you can add Dane
Maybe only two or three, maybe more, I dont know. But with those available, we may well be 3-2. Still poor, but nowhere near the heat we have now at 0-5.

I think we need change. I’d be starting with the CEO and I think Madge would be an unfortunate casualty as well. There just seems to be a rotten stench about the joint and it looks like an unhappy place to be atm.

I’d probably appoint Sheens as an interim coach to teach the team basics like catching and passing, lines/shape, and just try and implement some level of defensive structure.

I’d appoint someone like Neil Henry for next year to try and get us competitive and look more energetic. We’re not going to win a premiership anytime soon so the goal should be to ensure we manage our cap properly, develop juniors and try and recruit solid professionals to aid their transition into first grade. If we can do that we might be able to get into the top 8 and we can build from there.

Roberts was a loss yesterday and when Hastings, Laurie and AD are available that's 4 players that Madge recruited that will help.

Late out in the backline always stunt a team and we already had attacking issues.

Roberts was a loss yesterday and when Hastings, Laurie and AD are available that's 4 players that Madge recruited that will help.

Late out in the backline always stunt a team and we already had attacking issues.
Roberts is missing 2 out of every 3 weeks and he’s washed up. Wish people would stop giving him air time he’s a dud.

You miss the point - all clubs have to deal with players being unavailable. It's part of the game, not some 'extra' struggle only the Tigers are dealing with.

Doesn't stop it being used as a common excuse for many here happy to accept failure though.

Maybe only two or three, maybe more, I dont know. But with those available, we may well be 3-2. Still poor, but nowhere near the heat we have now at 0-5.
Look don’t totally disagree with that assessment but for me it’s more than just the losses. The way we are playing gives me very little hope for the future even with those players

We won't crack the top 8 and should be doing better, but it's equally not the time to set fire to the place and be rebuilding for the next five years.

1000% correct.

We also have to remain calm and most importantly rational. We do not need a rebuild. Our cap is in a good position.

I also don't think we are that far off. We need some players to come through or we need to purchase some players who are quality however there is plenty to work with.

I think the big question is do we have the coach who can make the tough decisions. I'm not anti Madge but my expectation is that he can get us playing some positive footy.

Currently we have Buckley’s of attracting real quality players. A decade in the wilderness scares a lot of potential signings off.

So we have to be really smart and identify quality players who are currently road blocked in good systems. Because what we can offer is opportunity.

The pathways system may eventually deliver but it will not deliver while our three grades are all under the pump.

Not sure what’s gained in sacking the coach at this stage, our squad lacks so many things the very good teams have. High impact forwards, speed across the park, mental toughness and footy IQ.

In the short term, by that I mean the next couple of years, recruitment is our only way out of the hole.

Currently we have Buckley’s of attracting real quality players. A decade in the wilderness scares a lot of potential signings off.

So we have to be really smart and identify quality players who are currently road blocked in good systems. Because what we can offer is opportunity.

The pathways system may eventually deliver but it will not deliver while our three grades are all under the pump.

Not sure what’s gained in sacking the coach at this stage, our squad lacks so many things the very good teams have. High impact forwards, speed across the park, mental toughness and footy IQ.

In the short term, by that I mean the next couple of years, recruitment is our only way out of the hole.
Sums up the situation perfectly.

In addition to high impact forwards, speed across the park, mental toughness and footy IQ, we need players that are 'aggressive' not 'passive'; players that can set an example & motivate others when the chips are down; and, some x-factor!

Do you really believe this ? Seriously ?

So Wests Ashfield don't want to any games and don't care about where we are on the ladder and if we got rid of them we'd turn it all around.

Why mention a Perth franchise ?

Do you have any evidence of any of this ?
not saying we will head to Perth, just that if the club was up for sale then a Perth based franchise might be interested with a push from the nrl

Back