Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say you’re spot on E.

I'm pretty sure it was stated on here as well. The club tried to sign Doueihi and Hastings but they both said they want 900k+.

Hastings got a nice pay rise. I assume no club has considered Doueihi at that price.

I remember Ivan Cleary (who is a knob) stating that players often make these decisions for you and that is what happened with Hastings and it may happen with Doueihi as well.

I'm pretty sure it was stated on here as well. The club tried to sign Doueihi and Hastings but they both said they want 900k+.

Hastings got a nice pay rise. I assume no club has considered Doueihi at that price.

I remember Ivan Cleary (who is a knob) stating that players often make these decisions for you and that is what happened with Hastings and it may happen with Doueihi as well.
Marathon Stadium forum read the Hastings' thread about value. One figure of $700k being discussed. I don't believe locals will be happy.

Marathon Stadium forum read the Hastings' thread about value. One figure of $700k being discussed. I don't believe locals will be happy.
Depending on what he does on the field. If they start winning or at least looking like a team and getting max value from Ponga, the fans won’t care a hoot how much he’s being paid.
And don’t forget, he’s going to have Joey as his tutor. Now that should be a meeting of minds.

Depending on what he does on the field. If they start winning or at least looking like a team and getting max value from Ponga, the fans won’t care a hoot how much he’s being paid.
And don’t forget, he’s going to have Joey as his tutor. Now that should be a meeting of minds.
I wish him all the best. I'm from the Illawarra and there will be the weight of expectation upon him. I hope it all works out for him.

🤣🤣
Just in case I forgot

It's the market unfortunately and Hastings was able to take advantage of it. I hope he makes the most of his opportunity with the Knights.

Yeah if you can get it, why not. I'm hoping all our current halves follow his lead. None are worth big money, although with a thin pool of decent halves in the game and if the likes of Ash Taylor managed to land himself a million dollar a year contract it's set a precedent that any average will command big money.

If we are prepared to spend big money on a half, I would prefer it be a player who is able to get their team to a finals series. The likes of Moses or Williams would be a good place to start.

Agreed TT. You only have to watch THE LAST DANCE with Jordan who actually bullied his team mates to drive them to the next level and some hated him for it, however they got Championship rings as a result.
Mate we have a culture of finger pointers and cruisers who have no idea of what commitment it takes to win anything. They are use to coaches being the fall guys with a revolving door of players who seek success elsewhere, or come for retirement.
Our two most long serving and skilled senior players are going to be lining up with some players with a different standard of competitiveness - they need to hand them the keys to joint and let them lead the way.
Be as divisive as need be if it weeds out the pretenders and gives some hope to those who want to change the perception of the club instead of the comfortable existence of making up the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back