Jahream Bula #269

How is it that Bula was so under the radar as a junior? He's a freak. Great instincts. His defensive awareness is better than any fullback I've seen, catches everything, has prototype size and speed, and passes like an elite 5/8. I don't get why he was so unheralded. We've heard the story of his basketball aspirations but how is it that clubs weren't all desperately after him?

Benji had a transformative impact on our club. Bula is having similar impact. You can also see he's got a few more levels to get to as well.
He went away to basketball. The fact he only came back to the league last year and is now in 1st grade speaks volumes.

How is it that Bula was so under the radar as a junior? He's a freak. Great instincts. His defensive awareness is better than any fullback I've seen, catches everything, has prototype size and speed, and passes like an elite 5/8. I don't get why he was so unheralded. We've heard the story of his basketball aspirations but how is it that clubs weren't all desperately after him?

Benji had a transformative impact on our club. Bula is having similar impact. You can also see he's got a few more levels to get to as well.
Playing basketball ball soft hands instinct play good passing skills anticipation and awareness great jump

I agree it seems the sharks will be circling Bula, but i would let him play out the season and if he's still going gangbusters i'd put him on a nice fat upgrade til 27 before the roosters, souths ect come knocking on his door.
They cant even talk to him til the end of next year but id still be getting it done back end of this year, making it known we're building a team around him and a few others.

Bula is signed till 2025, I’d be extending that to 2027…NOW
Take a nice deep breath….Now that’s out of the way. He was just re-signed a month ago, they aren’t suddenly going to re-sign him again. Clearly there were already negotiations going on before that, and for whatever reason, the club and his management agreed to two years. The time will come eventually when they start pursuing an extension, and it will be well before November 2024 when he goes on the market. Till then, keep taking those breaths.

Not sure about that. Not everybody acts like the Turdesco.
We need to show we are on the improve to keep him though.

He will be as good as Tedesco based on his current trajectory. He won't waste his time here if he could be part of a dynasty (of success that is, you could say the last decade has been a dynasty of failure for us.)

Is it just me
Looks like he hasn’t hit top gear yet.
I know he’s going faster than it looks but I just have this feeling he can go faster
I wouldn't worry too much about his speed. He barely played any footy prior to his first grade debut. The fact he's getting through so much work with ball in hand to this point is amazing. He is then pushing through the middle, linking out wide and covering plenty of ground with out paperthin defense
Looks to me like a pretty special kid with a tough mindset. In a years time If he's still dragging his feet after having no ball for 35min and then making a break from your own line then we can ask a few more questions.

We need to allow this kid to grow into the role and appreciate what he is actually achieving l, given his preparation.

Not trying to rip into you either if it came across that way @Red88_Tiger

I wouldn't worry too much about his speed. He barely played any footy prior to his first grade debut. The fact he's getting through so much work with ball in hand to this point is amazing. He is then pushing through the middle, linking out wide and covering plenty of ground with out paperthin defense
Looks to me like a pretty special kid with a tough mindset. In a years time If he's still dragging his feet after having no ball for 35min and then making a break from your own line then we can ask a few more questions.

We need to allow this kid to grow into the role and appreciate what he is actually achieving l, given his preparation.

Not trying to rip into you either if it came across that way @Red88_Tiger
Improves with every game. He's a keeper. Now we need to build around him and the other better performeers.

Just on his speed, i think he is like David Peachey. He will always look slower then what he actually is, and look like he isn't trying to run fast. That's just the running style.

I was disappointed he let Erin Clarke get him though.

The way he stepped up when Brooks went off was huge. He has a great character so far for a professional footy player. He isn't doing stupid stuff.

That run including the fend was special.

I think we are done this year but I thought that prior to this week anyway. It's now about guys like Bula working on their games to get better.

Back