OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

0% chance of Luai in 24
True but stranger things have happened. This might be the worst case scenario for Tigers if they sign Luai this season (off a shoulder injury and no pre season) but knowing the club we tend to make the wrong decisions 90% of the time. Given what Ivan and the CEO of penrith said about jarome I'm sure he'd be pissed and rightly so. Very low to do that to your own player
 
He's still injured Gal, coming off a full reco,
Will be in rehab for a yet a while. We have
4 halves on our books going into 2024.
Doesn't make sense falling 4 a queen's gambit...
Get him signed for 2025, don't beleive the
swap was on, beleive we're being played
Yep with that busted shoulder, he will miss pretty much all preseason and we know what that does for team cohesion. No way we need him now.
 
True but stranger things have happened. This might be the worst case scenario for Tigers if they sign Luai this season (off a shoulder injury and no pre season) but knowing the club we tend to make the wrong decisions 90% of the time. Given what Ivan and the CEO of penrith said about jarome I'm sure he'd be pissed and rightly so. Very low to do that to your own player
At the same time though, there’s every chance people at his own club consider him a douchebag. It wouldn’t be a stretch.
 
I would let them take
Noffa , Jake Simpkin , AD

Klemmer was our best forward last season and we need him. Gavin buy all reports you don’t let go regardless
Luai may kick stones and get an early release , never know
 
I would let them take
Noffa , Jake Simpkin , AD

Klemmer was our best forward last season and we need him. Gavin buy all reports you don’t let go regardless
Luai may kick stones and get an early release , never know
Why would they want Doueihi? How do you expect him to be any kind of carrot?
 
I wouldn't made trading Luai for Simpkin
That would be the only trade worth making that both teams would benefit from. There’s no reason to give up Klemmer or a promising junior. Simpkin is the only expendable player in the squad who has some kind of value to another club.
 
Why would they want Doueihi? How do you expect him to be any kind of carrot?
I don’t expect him to be a carrot I jus think we would be better off with him gone and a spot available and his money , but overall I don’t think we will do a deal Klemmer leaving Would leave a huge hole in our team , Steph is still soft , so I doubt we do anything except go for 25 arrival and feel out AFB for 25 also
 
I don’t expect him to be a carrot I jus think we would be better off with him gone and a spot available and his money , but overall I don’t think we will do a deal Klemmer leaving Would leave a huge hole in our team , Steph is still soft , so I doubt we do anything except go for 25 arrival and feel out AFB for 25 also
It’s not as easy as saying “We’d be better off without him”, someone‘s gotta want to take him. And coming off a third knee reco, and most likely not being ready to go till May, you’re trying to pass off a lemon. To the best run club in the competition btw. No chance.
 
Cos he’s always been contracted and a vital cog. Now he’s served his purpose and they are planning for life after him.
I know they are a business but don't you think some of the comments made such as the CEO making up the 1.4 million deal and calling it ridiculous and coach Ivan saying it's a risk are unnecessary and wrong to say about your own player?
 
I’m not that excited either. We’ve seen this all before with Mitchell who was reported as being all but over the line to sign with us.

I’m fairly certain the Dogs will swoop in at the last minute. They have money, they really do need a 7 and I just reckon the lure of teaming up with Ciraldo, Gould, Crichton, Kikau and Burton again will be a huge sway. A bigger sway than Api, Staines, Naden and Benji that’s for sure. Either that or Penrith will come to the party with a better offer and he will stay there.

Hope I’m wrong but history is on my side. We’ve just been used as a bargaining chip by elite players for so many years now.
Didn't think we had a chance of signing Moses at any stage .....thinking we might be a small chance of signing Luai .....still think he will probably stay at Penrith
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top