BrissieTiger67
Well-known member
Oh...Just dawned on me this thread is for Luai , I thought we were trying to bring back Matt Utai
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Has to be both. You recruit top end talent to supplement a roster. The juniors are too young. AFB is the key signing players will sign to play with him. Luai is similar amongst the NRL players. Cost is my concern but I’d rather pay for proven talent than big dollars for veterans at the end.What is our strategic direction ?
Instant success or a plant and nurture program. I get confused !
And I dont think you can have both.
For instant impact then it must be high profile external purchases, Luai and AFB,
for nurture and growing the club then Pathways inc Galvin and co is the go.
Klemmer not part of either imo. Journeyman on a downhill run, solid but not a world beater.
So I ask again “ What is our strategic direction “
When clubs are successful on field, no one cares what’s happening off it.I think it’s a flow down affect. You don’t see too many successful clubs whose off field department is a shambles.
We are - $1.1 million per season.Oh...Just dawned on me this thread is for Luai , I thought we were trying to bring back Matt Utai
who is Galvin and Klemmer’s manager? Isaac Moses. if nothing else, it is abundantly clear Moses wants his clients out of Wests Tigers.
Luai is not going to the bloody bulldogs for an extra 50K for what Panthers are offering him. The difference is bottom teams pay more money, that's how they get quality players. Otherwise they lose-loseWhy do people want to get Klemmer out of the club ? Luai is not coming face facts Bulldogs will offer around $900,000 + third party incentives and to play with Critta and Kikua is a big inducement, that we can't pay or offer.
No guarantee that all these talented juniors turn out to be solid first graders. What is a guarantee is signing a quality player will improve the team a lot. Whether that is out of the bottom 4, finals or just being more competitive is a different questionHas to be both. You recruit top end talent to supplement a roster. The juniors are too young. AFB is the key signing players will sign to play with him. Luai is similar amongst the NRL players. Cost is my concern but I’d rather pay for proven talent than big dollars for veterans at the end.
If you stick solely with juniors we will suck for another two years and they will leave anyway.
Why can't it be Luai being the experienced half (Sezer for 2024) guiding the younger halves who are not NRL standard yet? And AFB can be leader of the forwards along with Stefano. I think both can succeedWhat is our strategic direction ?
Instant success or a plant and nurture program. I get confused !
And I dont think you can have both.
For instant impact then it must be high profile external purchases, Luai and AFB,
for nurture and growing the club then Pathways inc Galvin and co is the go.
Klemmer not part of either imo. Journeyman on a downhill run, solid but not a world beater.
So I ask again “ What is our strategic direction “
NoAre we a Top 8 side if we sign Luai with the current back line .......
I think it gives us a chance to beAre we a Top 8 side if we sign Luai with the current back line .......
Mate,, please post a heads up or spoiler warning before you post so horrible like that.. I almost had a heart attack just then when I relived the history of your post… 😩☹️🥺😢Well if I had to watch Laurie, To’a or Wakeham direct us around again I’d be looking for new hobbies. The forum was begging for Brooksy at one point there.
Agreed… also why do we always have to swap a player to sign a player from anywhere ffs? I have had it with this crap… can never just rejoice at the excitement of the good news, we seem to always have to temper it with the fear of what if we have made the wrong choice?? We need KlemmerKlemmer is a must keep
Not "must" but definately a should keep. I can't believe how stupid it would be to try and trade him now.Klemmer is a must keep
Maybe a swap isn't the worlds worst idea.forget 2024. Luai is on the market for 2025, get the deal done for then.
if he wants an early release and the club can broker a swap that doesn’t involve our best front rower and the most decorated schoolboy in the country we can reassess then. for now though Luai is still only weighing up his options for 2025, let alone the year before.
I think a swap implies permanency unfortunately.Maybe a swap isn't the worlds worst idea.
Have Latu or Feledy train with Penrith for a season. It would definitely build ability.