Jarome Luai - Official

Jarome Luai out of World Cup Challenge .. :oops:

The Panthers will be without star five-eighth Jarome Luai for the upcoming World Club Challenge clash with Wigan Warriors.

That is according to The Sydney Morning Herald, who revealed coach Ivan Cleary broke the news to Panthers fans on Monday night at the launch of Undisputed — a documentary that covers the team’s 2023 season.
Cleary confirmed that Luai will travel to the UK but won’t play against the reigning Super League champions.

“He won’t play in the World Club Challenge because he’s not just ready,” he said.

“He can continue his rehab, and he deserves to be there as a reward for everything he’s done for our team and our club. He’s super close, I just want him staying with the team and training.”

Penrith are hopeful though that Luai will be fit for their Round 1 clash with the Storm on Friday, March 8.
Luai is recovering from shoulder surgery, which he underwent last October following the Panthers’ grand final win over the Broncos.

The 27-year-old first dislocated his shoulder on the eve of finals and returned two weeks ahead of schedule to feature in the preliminary. He then aggravated the injury in the grand final and left the field in the second half.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now that report has me worried .. have we put all our money into a player that could be permanently broken .. !!
I’m actually thinking now I’m glad he’s got a year to get it right. Imagine if he’d come over this year injured !

Do Riccio and Brent Read actually watch rugby league?
They just said this is the chance for Luai to show if he can run a team.
Nathan's missed a heap of football in the last 2 years, who do they think was running the team?
It's just drama mate.

Controversy.

Luai will shine.

Roosters in a low scoring game.

Hoping Luai shows something as the main man - also will be watching Turuva closer too.

Why Turuva ? Are we interested ?
We do need a quality right winger when Tupou leaves...

He has close cousins in the Ryde/Eastwood area who are Tigers supporters as well - but I think he is just testing the market and will stay at Penrith

Great chance to see what our future looks like tonight, JL needs to lead the Panthers without Cleary
JL will not lead them out. He will be second fiddle as he usually is. If anyone watches penrith over the last 4 years, they plug in a backup half to play like Cleary (e.g. O'Sullivan, Cogger, Burton, May). It's to not disrupt their system too much. Ivan is a conservative coach. Wouldn't take too much in terms of leadership from this game but JL will probably kick more than usual

JL will not lead them out. He will be second fiddle as he usually is. If anyone watches penrith over the last 4 years, they plug in a backup half to play like Cleary (e.g. O'Sullivan, Cogger, Burton, May). It's to not disrupt their system too much. Ivan is a conservative coach. Wouldn't take too much in terms of leadership from this game but JL will probably kick more than usual

Exactly. Even so called experts in the media have failed to see this. Luai will be restricted by Ivan once again and how he performs tonight gives no insight into how he will be for us.

Exactly. Even so called experts in the media have failed to see this. Luai will be restricted by Ivan once again and how he performs tonight gives no insight into how he will be for us.
ivan couldn't give a damn about helping the tigers in 2025. All he cares about is winning games week by week for penrith and repeating the system that has worked for so long. I'd argue the only time we'll see JL lead a team in 2024 is if he plays for Samoa at the end of the year again

Back