Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose another reason why club decided to go hard after Luai is the Campbelltown draw card factor.

Remember the huge crowd Hayne helped draw playing for the GC on a Saturday afternoon.

They love a showman down there and Luai is it.

Cleanskin, Polynesian, poor boy come good high five-ing and and taking insta pics with kids in their lingo on school runs will surely pack out Cambo.
and rightly so

If the savior sorry i mean Luai signs with us for 5 years and does his shoulder a la Douie next season are we up for anything money wise.

Yes, Luai would get every cent of his Contract. All clubs take out insurance for this financially. As far as the cap is concerned, Tigers would need to prove it is career ending and not a pre-existing injury which may be difficult.

How many players have ever had to retire due to a shoulder injury? There was Sterlo over thirty years ago, but anyone else before or since?

Luckily for us consumers there's a few things now that come with a cooling off period.
I purchased a car thru an internet only dealer by the name of 'Carma' recently.
After purchase if you find you don't like the car it can be returned within 7 days for a full refund, so it's actually a cooling off period.
With your analogy we should be getting the cooling off period. We’re the ones buying the car/player, if we don’t like him after 10 game we can send them back? It’s a shame this rule wasn’t around when we signed Flippers, Douehi, BJ, the list goes on.

Reactions: BZN
How many players have ever had to retire due to a shoulder injury? There was Sterlo over thirty years ago, but anyone else before or since?
I reckon I was there the day Sterlo was finished. Wests v Parra at Parra and Cement Gillespie hit Sterling with an absolute brute of a tackle. I could be wrong though, it seems my memory ain’t what it used to be.

I agree. The important thing is, Luai will be the dominant half regardless.
And Latu and Bud will love having an elite team playing half like luai to play alongside.. he will draw defenders to him, tire the defence line, and give them time space and opportunity to creat chances themselves,, luai to wests tigers is win win no matter what way you slice it..

And Latu and Bud will love having an elite team playing half like luai to play alongside.. he will draw defenders to him, tire the defence line, and give them time space and opportunity to creat chances themselves,, luai to wests tigers is win win no matter what way you slice it..
Imagine we’ll have half of the Panthers spine. Not too bad

I reckon I was there the day Sterlo was finished. Wests v Parra at Parra and Cement Gillespie hit Sterling with an absolute brute of a tackle. I could be wrong though, it seems my memory ain’t what it used to be.
Wasn’t that a case of it was Sterlo’s final season and he was retiring at seasons end anyway? Or did it legitimately end his career prematurely?

Yeah, but was he retiring that year anyway, and the injury ended his season, or was he not planning on retiring at the end of that season?
I can't recall if Sterlo was going to retire that year (must have been close as he was getting older) but that Gillespie tackle sure finished his playing days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back