Jock Madden

Exactly. If anything I think he was better with us compared to Manly.

More money from the Manager....
Tyran got AFB a release from Manly to the Warriors at Stupid Money (Close to a Mil),
And pushed Aloiai that way - On 600+ to sweeten Manly a little for the early release and fill the gap. Just lining his own pockets - And theirs I guess.

Josh played decent footy for us at times - Was injured often.
He's been gone a while though and he's only now starting to find form...

I've not heard him mentioned anywhere really until the last couple weeks since he left.

I actually agree with what you are stating. Brooks is going to be Brooks.

I think though this is a statement that Hastings is the guy driving our team. The 6 spot is wide open. Doueihi wants that spot.

Madden is a average nsw cup player , don’t know what some of u on here have been watching , he gets the ball drifts across field and turns a standing forward inside u then gets smacked.
And yes brooks is bad and should be dropped but madden is bogg average

Madden is a average nsw cup player , don’t know what some of u on here have been watching , he gets the ball drifts across field and turns a standing forward inside u then gets smacked.
I don't think Madden gets a gig anywhere else except Dolphins

Brooks.....177 NRL games...
Madden....6 NRLgames

And yet Madden is learning,but is bog average.....that'll do me....

Brooks.....177 NRL games...
Madden....6 NRLgames

And yet Madden is learning,but is bog average.....that'll do me....
I think the problem is Brooks showed a good amount of football even in his first 6 games. It's his Q2 and Q4 career that have been the issue, after his good start and his one-time Dally M result.

Madden has shown me nothing. I don't want to get down on the guy, but I haven't seen anything in 1 or 6 matches that tells me he will succeed, and usually a young NRL-level player shows you some good glimpses even early in their career.

For example Ngatikaura gave a really good showing in the trials, even if he was a bit raw and a bit of a hog. Daine Laurie had a very solid 2021. Stefano showed his capability within just a handful of matches.

Some people misunderstand, I'm not talking up Brooks, I'm saying Brooks is average and yet his output is still better than Madden, both in his career and in the 6 matches they've played together. Unfortunately it's a very low bar to set.

I think the problem is Brooks showed a good amount of football even in his first 6 games. It's his Q2 and Q4 career that have been the issue, after his good start and his one-time Dally M result.

Madden has shown me nothing. I don't want to get down on the guy, but I haven't seen anything in 1 or 6 matches that tells me he will succeed, and usually a young NRL-level player shows you some good glimpses even early in their career.

For example Ngatikaura gave a really good showing in the trials, even if he was a bit raw and a bit of a hog. Daine Laurie had a very solid 2021. Stefano showed his capability within just a handful of matches.

Some people misunderstand, I'm not talking up Brooks, I'm saying Brooks is average and yet his output is still better than Madden, both in his career and in the 6 matches they've played together. Unfortunately it's a very low bar to set.
I see it differently jirskyr,Brooks had a dream start with Benji,Farah etc in the team...Madden has had a sub level team to deal with and learn...each to there own opinion I suppose,but I think Madden is doing his very best with the ability and talent he has got...He may develope into a very good player or he may not...Brooks was the next Joey Johns and has done bugger all in 10 years of NRL...

spot on in 6 games you knew Brooks was going to be pretty good, hasn't reached the expectations but you knew he would be regular first grader
Madden is yet to show anything in 6 games and make the prediction now will never be halfback of the year any year in the nrl. Madden would struggle to be a 7 at any other club in the nrl.

spot on in 6 games you knew Brooks was going to be pretty good, hasn't reached the expectations but you knew he would be regular first grader
Madden is yet to show anything in 6 games and make the prediction now will never be halfback of the year any year in the nrl. Madden would struggle to be a 7 at any other club in the nrl.
Like you I haven’t seen much to be inspired about in Madden, or Brooks this year for that matter, but name me a guy playing in the halves for a wooden spoon team that looks sensational. Bottom line is halves need to be playing in a good team to show their full potential.

Madden has an impressive junior resume...

Obviously we haven't seen much of him die to covid and whatnot.

He definitely has a good albeit raw skillset that would only get better more time he plays in grade.

I know yas aren't impressed but look at the team he's playing in.

Obviously we haven't seen much of him die to covid and whatnot.

He definitely has a good albeit raw skillset that would only get better more time he plays in grade.

I know yas aren't impressed but look at the team he's playing in.
Waiting for Jacko to cop it this week. Wouldn’t wear that 7 jersey for a share in Winx.

Waiting for Jacko to cop it this week. Wouldn’t wear that 7 jersey for a share in Winx.
I think anyone expecting us to win this is dreaming.

Keep the expectations low, lads.
Hopefully we can somewhat compete but it'll be us trying our hardest to defend tries and zero attack.

It's going to be ugly but hope they all try.

I think anyone expecting us to win this is dreaming.

Keep the expectations low, lads.
Hopefully we can somewhat compete but it'll be us trying our hardest to defend tries and zero attack.

It's going to be ugly but hope they all try.
Yep agree mate. Just want to see effort in defense and maybe jacko’s voice improves our execution a little. They dropped the right guys, see how we go..

Don't you think though - all these boys played junior reps? There's a new Schoolboys side every year, so there are always kids being called up to junior reps and a significant number of them don't make a career in the NRL

Don't you think though - all these boys played junior reps? There's a new Schoolboys side every year, so there are always kids being called up to junior reps and a significant number of them don't make a career in the NRL
Id wager most of the players in the comp had impressive junior resumes’s. They don’t get judged on that though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back