Justin Olam #281

He is very much a BJ vibe to him for me.
If he clicks we benefit if he doesn’t he becomes a passenger. It comes down to if Benji and co can get him to buy into things.

For 300-350k a year it’s not a massive costly punt for us though. We don’t have NRL centers currently so he solves 1 of those spots for us.

For the last 6mths have been calling out his training/off park concerns. Just hope Benji & Richo have done due diligence.

Hed need to be given an extremely thorough medical, I think years of using his body as a weapon may have taken its toll on him and we're seeing the result last year
At his best Id have no hesitation, but theres also a very poor record of storm players leaving Melbourne and continuing on where they left off, let alone improving
Very high risk imo

Can see him running hard and making breaks, setting up his outside man....
Simple game plan.

Staines, Nofo or Lobb.

I like it.

Olam Plays on left side.
So could be Bud/Fainu, Papa, Olam and Tupou/Naden which could be fun to watch.

Lobb plays right / same side as Nofo.

Think Staines/Feledy might be a focus for other Center spot as he plays right side also.

Can see him running hard and making breaks, setting up his outside man....
Simple game plan.

Staines, Nofo or Lobb.

I like it.

There’d have to be some sort of injury toll for Nofo to get a run again…
The talk around Lobb, if they sign Olam - you’d have to think Junior, Star, Staines and Nado are all well ahead of him.

Doesn’t leave anywhere for him…

There’d have to be some sort of injury toll for Nofo to get a run again…
The talk around Lobb, if they sign Olam - you’d have to think Junior, Star, Staines and Nado are all well ahead of him.

Doesn’t leave anywhere for him…

Richo has said our roster needs to be augmented and would say some of the average players will be moved on. Naden, Nofo, Toa, AJ to free up roster spots and cash.

Staines & Bula probably only ones safe atm given Tupou is gone.

Yeah, I'll trust Benji & the staff on this 1.
Forumers have PTSD from BJ Leilua lol.
He's not even in the same postcode smh

I don’t remember Cricthton checking out this year.
Key word "most." Panthers have built a aura and brotherhood around there. They also are very close and grew up together. Two very different situations, while using the same example.

He'll be another Roberts, Naden, Doueihi. Don't do it Benji.
Surely we have to put some trust in the decision makers before JO signs? Obviously a thorough medical is a given and the club have identified his position as an important piece missing in the current roster. I understand your concern considering the club's history of signing some duds over the past decade. Fingers crossed 🤞!

Don't really like this, players passing each other on the "future value" curve (and in the wrong direction for WT). Still, happy to support the decision makers on this.

Not happy.

Blore's gonna be a absolute gun.

He has something but realistically he isn’t ours anymore anyway. He is a prop more than a backrower IMO & we have a fair few props here.

Might as well see if we can nab something of value out of him leaving I guess which doesn’t happen often these days for us.

He scored 6 tries last year in 17 games which isn't the best record but still better then almost every one who played for tigers last year barring maybe API and toa, for me I want players who know how to cross the line and Olam knows how to do that. He's form dropped last year but he was injured for parts and was evident he had a falling out with bellyache at some stage. I like blore heaps but Olam is a clear upgrade on what we have in the centres in my opinion

Latest posts

Back