Kelly Barnes 23

Bula deserved it, just like Api did. Pole and Klemmer were also pretty good.

Realistically if you said Bula would win it at the start of the year you'd also guess that we didn't do very well. So it seems about right.

The Best award any player wants is the players player.
Knowing that your teammates thinks so highly of you will do wonders to his confidence.
Congratulations to everyone who received an award last night from NRL down to Flegg.

Congratulations to everyone who received an award last night from NRL down to Flegg.
Yep and considering those teams went;
Wooden Spoon
Third Last
Wooden Spoon
…they were very hard earned awards indeed…

LMFAO
Bula was shit in the Manly game.
He missed 7 tackles and had 3 more ineffective on top. In fact he attempted 15 tackles and only made 5 of them.
Api scored a try and did what he could to help us, playing out of position.

Even still, both of them were disappointing and beyond lucky to get a single point, let alone 2 and 3 respectively.

Speaks volumes when the rookie of the year is also the player of the year. Pretty sad.

Did Sheens not attend the awards the other night?
No he didn't, Justin Pascoe didn't have an official speaking opportunity either. He and Lee both usually have time to address the audience, Justin's only time was while he was up presenting an award.

No he didn't, Justin Pascoe didn't have an official speaking opportunity either. He and Lee both usually have time to address the audience, Justin's only time was while he was up presenting an award.
That is interesting.
Did Lee address the attendees?

How was it received?
Not very well. A quick summary

I could look back at this season and review what went wrong, I choose not to.
I could list the many reasons for the way this season went, I choose not to.
I could dissect the losses and the performances, I choose not to.
Etc

Season 2023 is over, nothing can be achieved by looking back, I choose to look forward.

That is a basic summary from my recollection, some of the wording may not be 100% accurate but that was the gist of the speech.

Etc

Season 2023 is over, nothing can be achieved by looking back, I choose to look forward.

That is a basic summary from my recollection, some of the wording may not be 100% accurate but that was the gist of the speech.
That's actually pathetic from a Chairman

Etc

We came dead last with our best squad in years, maybe our best pack ever, only securing 2 good wins and 2 very sketchy wins and the chair of our board - the self appointed spokesman of the club chooses not to review how the season went?

The bloke is a god damned fool.

Etc

I think someone really needs to humble this guy & give him a big fat dose of reality

Etc

Absolutely disgraceful even if the words are slightly different his comments reek of self importance and arrogance.His company may be putting dollars into our club as well as other clubs but his attitude is disgraceful.

Etc

Wow.. what a tool

Latest posts

Members online

Back