Knights Interest In Brooks

@cktiger said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506748) said:
We should all be cheering and thanking Newcastle.
What good did having him here last year, and the years prior to that, do us?
Simply put he's not worth the money.
Time to try something else... we can't do much worse.

let's run with Jock Madden or wait let's run with Peachey until AD is fit potentially round 15, AD will be lucky to be at 6 anyway his lingterm position will be centre
we will be keeping Brooks

@jedi_tiger said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506751) said:
@batboy said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506733) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506726) said:
On SEN this morning Lee has pretty much shut down the Brooks move, to all the Brooks Haters he is staying... onwards and upwards

He wasn't very convincing I thought with phrases like
"Luke Brooks has a contract at the club" and
"I can't see any reason why he wouldn't fulfil that contract"

When there was speculation on his beloved Nofoaluma the response
was
"I guarantee David will be at the Wests Tigers next year"
and "Further to that, I'll state the David Nofoaluma IS Wests Tigers"
I didn't hear any where near the same conviction...

I think Luke Brooks is the best halfback available to our club at this time,
and I don't want him going anywhere...
But nothing Lee said made me certain he will be here next year - In fact it was almost the opposite.

he can't be any clearer he is doing admin today at the club and he can't negotiate with Newcastle

He was clear, But far from convincing....
Even the pause when he was asked the initial question that he knew was coming...
He's a lawyer, Those blokes speak convincing lies more often than not.
He seems the exact same he was in the Aloiai situation compared to how
he was in the Nofoaluma situation.

Time will tell...

Brooks is a veteran at WT. Next season he can become a veteran at any club. It’s worth $200k per season. If Brooksy does change clubs I hope he lands at a club which can give him GF victory, as others have done, like Heighington, Tedesco, Fox.

@diedpretty said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506718) said:
@jirskyr said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506655) said:
What I do like about Tim Sheens is he has natural gravitas - his personality and his record. I like that they are having him speak on behalf of the club, I think he speaks well and is naturally less of a media target than Madge, Captain Fedora or The Duck.

Yep he is certainly stamping his authority on the club. Hear nothing about Madge these days which is good. It appears he has been told he has one job and he can devote all his time and effort to it.

Yeah Madge doesn't need to waste time on recruitment rumour-mongering.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506749) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506745) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506744) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506743) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506741) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506740) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506738) said:
On SEN this morning Lee has pretty much shut down the Brooks move, to all the Brooks Haters he is staying... onwards and upwards

was

But nothing Lee said made me certain he will be here next year - In fact it was almost the opposite.

Yeah I tend to agree. It's not dissimilar to Aloiai when he said:

“He’s a contracted employee at the Wests Tigers for 2021 and under the terms of his employment he’ll be remaining at the club.”

As i've said previously, I think the club wants to keep Brooks but I don't necessarily think he feels the same. Just my opinion. Agents work for their clients, if Brooks didn't want him talking to other clubs, he'd tell him not to.

Listened to it. Didn’t sound convincing at all

Just sounds like he is saying what he needs to. Something has to be happening in this space as it has dragged on way too long for it to be blind speculation.

The thing that is happening is the Knights are going to start a season without an established half. I'd suggest Johns believes Brooks needs better coaching and be used in a matter which suits his skills. With Sheens and Kimmorley at WTs, we may see quite a bit of change in the way our halves play next season. This can only be a good outcome.

I disagree I think there has to be something coming from Luke through his manager.

That's irrelevant. Sheens and now our Chair have come out and stated he has two years left on his contract and will be at WTs. This continued speculation on this forum is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Same stuff was said about Josh Aloiai and Ryan Matterson.

I don’t know if it will happen or not but no one has said anything that convinces me that an outcome is set in stone.

Wasn't Sheens pretty emphatic? Thing about Lee is he's a lawyer, he always covers what he says without extending himself far enough to risk being contradicted. Sheens basically said "we aren't releasing him".

It's a very weird situation to me, that if a player has a contract and the club says they don't intend to release him, fans and media still speculate about a potential release. Why is there speculation around Brooks? Because he's unsuccessful at Tigers, because Knights lost their halfback and because Knights confirmed they are interested in Brooks. But none of that has come from anything said or done by the Tigers or Brooks himself, who are the only two parties that have power in the current arrangement. This is speculation from parties who have no control over the situation.

And your exact comment here is that nobody has said anything to convince you of a stone-set outcome. I wonder what would need to be said by a club official to kill the rumour dead, if there exists even 1 example of a player who wriggled out of a prior contract.

This is a perfect example of how different people perceive things. I thought it was about as convincing as it needed to be. What is the guy supposed to say? He is here, he has contract, he will fulfil it, sources in the paper are all un-named (as f-ing usual), he has spoken with Sheens, Maguire and Brooks directly who have all indicated non-story. What is left to say?

Now I'm not naive enough to think that things go on behind closed doors, but I'm not sure what else this guy or anyone else from the club has to say to shut people up until you hear anything different. Brooks making any media comment just gives credit to the story in my opinion, but others will say he should come out and say something.

Its like every other story at this place in the last 12 months at least. 90% comes out and proves the media and journalists are bigger liars than lawyers. whether I want Brooks here ot not is irrelevant, but I dont let that cloud my judgement on what is going on.

@jirskyr said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506767) said:

was

“He’s a contracted employee at the Wests Tigers for 2021 and under the terms of his employment he’ll be remaining at the club.”

As i've said previously, I think the club wants to keep Brooks but I don't necessarily think he feels the same. Just my opinion. Agents work for their clients, if Brooks didn't want him talking to other clubs, he'd tell him not to.

Just sounds like he is saying what he needs to. Something has to be happening in this space as it has dragged on way too long for it to be blind speculation.

The thing that is happening is the Knights are going to start a season without an established half. I'd suggest Johns believes Brooks needs better coaching and be used in a matter which suits his skills. With Sheens and Kimmorley at WTs, we may see quite a bit of change in the way our halves play next season. This can only be a good outcome.

I disagree I think there has to be something coming from Luke through his manager.

That's irrelevant. Sheens and now our Chair have come out and stated he has two years left on his contract and will be at WTs. This continued speculation on this forum is a self fulfilling prophecy.

I don’t know if it will happen or not but no one has said anything that convinces me that an outcome is set in stone.

Wasn't Sheens pretty emphatic? Thing about Lee is he's a lawyer, he always covers what he says without extending himself far enough to risk being contradicted. Sheens basically said "we aren't releasing him".

It's a very weird situation to me, that if a player has a contract and the club says they don't intend to release him, fans and media still speculate about a potential release. Why is there speculation around Brooks? Because he's unsuccessful at Tigers, because Knights lost their halfback and because Knights confirmed they are interested in Brooks. But none of that has come from anything said or done by the Tigers or Brooks himself, who are the only two parties that have power in the current arrangement. This is speculation from parties who have no control over the situation.

And your exact comment here is that nobody has said anything to convince you of a stone-set outcome. I wonder what would need to be said by a club official to kill the rumour dead, if there exists even 1 example of a player who wriggled out of a prior contract.

You know what would like it. Luke making a statement.

was

was

I thought that Maguire was the coach !

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506772) said:

was

He doesn't need to and knowing his personality I am sure he won't.

If anyone wants answers as to who might be agitating... check the Player Manager list and who the clients are......

was

You don't seem to have that same issue re: Madge?

@snake said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506773) said:

was

was

Cayless is the defensive coach and Gardiner the attack coach. Madge is Head coach.

@colinbh said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506807) said:

was

was

Cayless is the defensive coach and Gardiner the attack coach. Madge is Head coach.

Both have a near impossible job to perform given the cattle they have to work with.

@supercoach said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506810) said:
@colinbh said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506807) said:

was

was

Both have a near impossible job to perform given the cattle they have to work with.

Go YOU Young Tigers 2022!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if brooks wants to do leave and the knights want him, there is no way we should let him go. Even if he sits on the sidelines. We have done too much of this and we look WEAK. No player will want to ever come here if we keep rolling over.

was

HaHA, You want to look for any movement in his arms or legs? or eye movement when he speaks? HAQHA

@twentyforty said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506736) said:

was

If Brooks does leave it will be seen as another huge failure by WT. I get back to the singular most important failure, which players have had their reputation enhanced by playing at this club? I wish WT would become known as a reputation building club.

Matterson definitely did

@twentyforty said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506762) said:
Brooks is a veteran at WT. Next season he can become a veteran at any club. It’s worth $200k per season. If Brooksy does change clubs I hope he lands at a club which can give him GF victory, as others have done, like Heighington, Tedesco, Fox.

Nofa can claim the 200k. It's not for each player it's total on top of the cap no matter how many long serving players you have

@newtown said in [Knights Interest In Brooks](/post/1506775) said:

was

He doesn't need to and knowing his personality I am sure he won't.

He probably should as it is the guy Luke Brooks employs that is making all the agitations behind the scenes

Back