Koroisau to captain Wests Tigers

I'm all good with it - knows what it takes. Hope he puts a rocket up all the finger pointers. The team has lacked leadership for years. Lead by example, and find your voice Api. Good choice.

Nothing against Api - just always feels weird to me when first season players get made captain. In any sport.
The blokes that have been there a while are perennial losers and not Captain material, apart from Joe Offa. However Joe will be part of the middle forward rotation and off the field half the time. The long serving players are either mute like Brooks or all about themselves like Nofa

The blokes that have been there a while are perennial losers and not Captain material, apart from Joe Offa. However Joe will be part of the middle forward rotation and off the field half the time. The long serving players are either mute like Brooks or all about themselves like Nofa

Yea good point the joffa. Bit worried about new guy captain circus again but you have to think he’s shown something during the pre season plus he’s a winner.

From a purely football perspective I think this is the right choice.
But new to the club and with a few incidents in his past I'm a little surprised with the choice.
Good luck to him, will likely be a tough gig.

He would have been my pick from the outside looking in, we got the spoon last year the only player from that side worth his salt was Joffa. Maybe he starts from the bench moving forward or is in and out of the starting side, Api is an automatic selection if he’s fit.

As much as I’m not sure about a newbi captaining the side, I’m happy that Api has changed his mind and taken on the challenge.

We are a pathways club. Our next local bred Captain hasn't been born yet. I'm happy with Capi Api! 🥃 🤣 🐯

It’ll take the pressure of Moses this year and he can just concentrate on creating a a good halves partnership with AD.

Back