Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are interesting comments from the manager regarding the other people interfering with the process. I reckon these people are what turned us off continuing negotiations. Latrell needs to be careful who he has flying his flag.

@TheDaBoss said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087205) said:
Mbye goes in to bat for 'harshly criticised' Latrell
Author
Margie McDonald
Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 4 Dec 2019, 03:02 PM
Latrell Mitchell had been treated shabbily in recent contract talks, according to Wests Tigers skipper Moses Mbye, as he was simply a young father and footballer trying to consolidate his future.

Whether that future is the Wests Tigers or not, Mbye and teammate Luke Garner don't know. But as they delivered presents to children spending Christmas inside Liverpool Hospital, it brought home the value of family and good health.

"I think Latrell has been pretty harshly criticised," Mbye said of the Roosters' centre trying to sort out where he plays in 2020.

"He's young and because he's such a good player and done so much, people treat him like a 28 or 29-year-old when he's just 22.

"He's got a lot on his plate too with a family to look after… putting into perspective of having children and trying to get the ball going (career-wise) by having all these offers and this amount of money, when he's come from very humble beginnings.

"In saying that, if I was advising him I'd tell him to look after himself and I think he's done a really good job of handling the pressure and the criticism."

View this post on Instagram

Take me back !!

@iam_lm01) on Dec 3 said:
Garner, who knew Mitchell from their days in the Roosters lower grades, is comfortable for his club to be in the hunt for the Test and Origin outside back.

"At the Tigers we’re always looking for quality players, whether that’s Latrell or somebody else," Garner said.

"It would be exciting to have him but if that doesn’t happen, I’m sure we’ll move on and find another quality player.

"I’m sure that in these types of situations Latrell is just trying to slow things down and think it through. At the end of the day it is his career and his life – and that's the most important thing.

"Whatever makes him happy I’m sure he’ll do it and I hope he succeeds."

It's not just Mitchell who has been linked to the Tigers but also Sharks fullback Matt Moylan.

Five key matchups of the Wests Tigers' 2020 draw
"If they're available and you can get them, why wouldn't you? If I was running the team I'd be doing the same thing," Mbye said.

Specficially on Mitchell's characteristics, Mbye said the Taree product needed no introduction.

"His strike. He's only young but he brings a hell of a lot of experience. He's won two premierships and played games for his country and his state and his indigenous heritage," he said.

"So he's got a lot of experience in big games. And he's got experience from a strong-cultured team and club

Good boys. Good team players. Saying all the right things.

Well that escalated quickly...

I would suggest you pop over to the WT spread Christmas cheer thread to the sick kiddies for the feels

Posts have been deleted if it continues further actions will be taken

Seriously don't understand all the deletions. On balance I thing the mods do a fair job on the forum but some of these deletions just don't make sense to me e.g deletion of the original comment by GNR4LIFE. It was a totally legitimate and uncontroversial comment about LM's agent.

@coivtny said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087267) said:
Seriously don't understand all the deletions. On balance I thing the mods do a fair job on the forum but some of these deletions just don't make sense to me e.g deletion of the original comment by GNR4LIFE. It was a totally legitimate and uncontroversial comment about LM's agent.

Yes but it was quoting the offending post...

I think Latrell’s manager should stick to real estate. Since when did assessing all available options mean thumbing your nose at the only legitimate offer you had while your agent demonstrated he is both rudderless and clearly not the one in control of your negotiations. There is some legit funkiness going on. Wayde needs to look inward and assess why the Roosters, Bulldogs and Tigers all walked away from the negotiation table.

@Geo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087268) said:

OK we'll just have to agree to disagree. Could see nothing wrong with GNR's post or The DaBoss's subsequent post but it's not worth further debate.

But back to reality. Rushton has to realise that the third parties involved are the circus and it detracts from Latrell’s value to a club. You don’t pay someone a mil a year to buy drama.

I’m just hopeing and praying that behind the scenes we are talking to him and his management and working out a deal

I didn’t quote anybody. Not sure why the posts were deleted after mine, or why mine was, but all good.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087276) said:

I didn’t quote anybody. Not sure why the posts were deleted after mine, but it was unrelated to me.

It's actually kind of funny in one way. You missed the flow immediately following your post because they were deleted PDQ but your post was the innocent catalyst for the carnage that followed. Won't go into detail because it's not worth it but you were an innocent contributor.

@coivtny said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087277) said:

I didn’t quote anybody. Not sure why the posts were deleted after mine, but it was unrelated to me.

It's actually kind of funny in one way. You missed the flow immediately following your post because they were deleted PDQ but your post was the innocent catalyst for the carnage that followed. Won't go into detail because it's not worth it but you were an innocent contributor.

Damn, I always come along after it’s all been deleted.

@GNR4LIFE said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087279) said:
@coivtny said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087277) said:

Damn, I always come along after it’s all been deleted.

Me too, I always miss all the fun by minutes!

Sorry if I said anything that got people fired up. My comment was aimed at his manager, not anybody here,

OK with Lomax off the tablet now I think its time we reviewed the LM offer...
If we cannot get Milf I would rather offer LM more then waste the money on Moylan...
No use having this big pile of money if no one wants to come here...

@hsvjones said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087333) said:
If we cannot get Milf I would rather offer LM more then waste the money on Moylan...

How much would u like to offer him?

@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087334) said:

Well if we offered him 4 years 3.8mil already .... I would offer an extra 100/150k a year to make it happen...

Just to clarify this - I am only thinking like this because we cannot attract anyone at the moment and need to start somewhere..
Adding 100k extra for a top line player is better them spending like 700k on someone like the injury prone Moylan or not getting anyone at all.

@hsvjones said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087337) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087334) said:

Well if we offered him 4 years 3.8mil already .... I would offer an extra 100/150k a year to make it happen...

Just to clarify this - I am only thinking like this because we cannot attract anyone at the moment and need to start somewhere..
Adding 100k extra for a top line player is better them spending like 700k on someone like the injury prone Moylan or not getting anyone at all.

I’d rather pay 1.1 to LM than 7 hundred for Moylan or Milf.

@hsvjones said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087337) said:
Well if we offered him 4 years 3.8mil already … I would offer an extra 100/150k a year to make it happen…
Just to clarify this - I am only thinking like this because we cannot attract anyone at the moment and need to start somewhere…

Fair enough, we do need to start thinking outside the box a bit. And there is no point on focusing on 2021 instead as there’s no guarantee we’ll have more success then either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back