Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Roar_Power said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087151) said:
@old_man_tiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087150) said:
I don't want to be the grinch, but as this looks extremely unlikely to happen can't this fluff go into the signing rumors thread now ?

Probably easier to just avoid the thread.

I don't mind the discussion but it no longer seems concrete.

Just an opinion

[Mole Warning] LM to Souths not gonna happen.
https://twitter.com/9_Moley/status/1202056930836922371?s=19

@Zach said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087160) said:
If you were LM, why wouldnt you just call a press conference and just come out and say/squash all these rumours dead, something along the lines of

"i will decide on my future soon, i appreciate all the clubs who have shown interest and have contacted me, and i will discuss with my manager and talk to the clubs to decide shortly" etc etc etc....

seriously, not only do you then come across as having control over the situation, you dont look like a prick to the clubs/press/fans/NRL....poor guy is getting roasted everywhere and he literally has done nothing to warrant it.

too much common sense?

Agree. He and his manager haven't handled this situation well at all. They are clearly waiting for Souths to get their funds in order to make him an offer. His manager needs to open up and just say something.

@trentrunciman said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087158) said:
@MAGPIES1963 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087155) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1085785) said:
@Glenn5150 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1085762) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1085722) said:
@Glenn5150 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1085513) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1085262) said:
So now we're saying the door is still open???

If we've pulled the offer the door should be closed, otherwise what does it actually mean to pull the offer?

This is just ridiculous now.

We've either closed the door or we haven't, if we haven't, then the offer hasn't been pulled.

Seems like he's called our bluff

Its not actually that hard to understand. The Tigers made an offer. If Latrell accepted that offer, they have a contract and pretty much both parties are bound to it. So for arguments sake Tigers could offer JAC $600K becuase if Latrell accepts his offer, Tigers are bound to it and would be buggered.

Tigers withdraw their offer, therefore Latrell cant accept it. Nothing stopping them talking in the future, but there is no offer and Tigers are free to pursue other options.

Whats ridiculous about any of that. Its professional, its business.

What's ridiculous is Latrell isn't interested in becoming a Tiger and he's playing us like fools and we're "leaving the door open" for him to wipe his feet on us again.
As I said, there's a lot of slow learners on this forum.

How is he playing us for fools? We have withdrawn our offer, he has not offer from us and without genuine interest in playing for us has nothing to do with us. We have literally nothing to do with Latrell Mitchell and he is playing us for fools?

Because we're leaving the door open for him to wipe his feet on us again.

We're trying to come across as if we're the ones who ended the relationship, but if he wants to come crawling back we'll take him back.

We're that sucker in a relationship who keeps taking the dead beat partner back even though they're only coming back because they have nowhere else to go.
Kick him out but make sure he's still got a key to the backdoor

@TIGER said:
good on ya magpie!
[/QUOTE]

@MAGPIES1963 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087155) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1085785) said:
@Glenn5150 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1085762) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1085722) said:
@Glenn5150 said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1085513) said:
@TIGER said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1085262) said:
So now we're saying the door is still open???

If we've pulled the offer the door should be closed, otherwise what does it actually mean to pull the offer?

This is just ridiculous now.

We've either closed the door or we haven't, if we haven't, then the offer hasn't been pulled.

Seems like he's called our bluff

Its not actually that hard to understand. The Tigers made an offer. If Latrell accepted that offer, they have a contract and pretty much both parties are bound to it. So for arguments sake Tigers could offer JAC $600K becuase if Latrell accepts his offer, Tigers are bound to it and would be buggered.

Tigers withdraw their offer, therefore Latrell cant accept it. Nothing stopping them talking in the future, but there is no offer and Tigers are free to pursue other options.

Whats ridiculous about any of that. Its professional, its business.

What's ridiculous is Latrell isn't interested in becoming a Tiger and he's playing us like fools and we're "leaving the door open" for him to wipe his feet on us again.
As I said, there's a lot of slow learners on this forum.

How is he playing us for fools? We have withdrawn our offer, he has not offer from us and without genuine interest in playing for us has nothing to do with us. We have literally nothing to do with Latrell Mitchell and he is playing us for fools?

Because we're leaving the door open for him to wipe his feet on us again.

We're trying to come across as if we're the ones who ended the relationship, but if he wants to come crawling back we'll take him back.

We're that sucker in a relationship who keeps taking the dead beat partner back even though they're only coming back because they have nowhere else to go.
Kick him out but make sure he's still got a key to the backdoor

Cheers, much appreciated.

Mbye goes in to bat for 'harshly criticised' Latrell
Author
Margie McDonald
Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 4 Dec 2019, 03:02 PM
Latrell Mitchell had been treated shabbily in recent contract talks, according to Wests Tigers skipper Moses Mbye, as he was simply a young father and footballer trying to consolidate his future.

Whether that future is the Wests Tigers or not, Mbye and teammate Luke Garner don't know. But as they delivered presents to children spending Christmas inside Liverpool Hospital, it brought home the value of family and good health.

"I think Latrell has been pretty harshly criticised," Mbye said of the Roosters' centre trying to sort out where he plays in 2020.

"He's young and because he's such a good player and done so much, people treat him like a 28 or 29-year-old when he's just 22.

"He's got a lot on his plate too with a family to look after… putting into perspective of having children and trying to get the ball going (career-wise) by having all these offers and this amount of money, when he's come from very humble beginnings.

"In saying that, if I was advising him I'd tell him to look after himself and I think he's done a really good job of handling the pressure and the criticism."

View this post on Instagram

Take me back !!

A post shared by L a t r e l l M i t c h e l l™ (@iam_lm01) on Dec 3, 2019 at 5:17pm PST

Garner, who knew Mitchell from their days in the Roosters lower grades, is comfortable for his club to be in the hunt for the Test and Origin outside back.

"At the Tigers we’re always looking for quality players, whether that’s Latrell or somebody else," Garner said.

"It would be exciting to have him but if that doesn’t happen, I’m sure we’ll move on and find another quality player.

"I’m sure that in these types of situations Latrell is just trying to slow things down and think it through. At the end of the day it is his career and his life – and that's the most important thing.

"Whatever makes him happy I’m sure he’ll do it and I hope he succeeds."

It's not just Mitchell who has been linked to the Tigers but also Sharks fullback Matt Moylan.

Five key matchups of the Wests Tigers' 2020 draw
"If they're available and you can get them, why wouldn't you? If I was running the team I'd be doing the same thing," Mbye said.

Specficially on Mitchell's characteristics, Mbye said the Taree product needed no introduction.

"His strike. He's only young but he brings a hell of a lot of experience. He's won two premierships and played games for his country and his state and his indigenous heritage," he said.

"So he's got a lot of experience in big games. And he's got experience from a strong-cultured team and club

@TheDaBoss said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087205) said:
Mbye goes in to bat for 'harshly criticised' Latrell
Author
Margie McDonald
Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Wed 4 Dec 2019, 03:02 PM
Latrell Mitchell had been treated shabbily in recent contract talks, according to Wests Tigers skipper Moses Mbye, as he was simply a young father and footballer trying to consolidate his future.

Whether that future is the Wests Tigers or not, Mbye and teammate Luke Garner don't know. But as they delivered presents to children spending Christmas inside Liverpool Hospital, it brought home the value of family and good health.

"I think Latrell has been pretty harshly criticised," Mbye said of the Roosters' centre trying to sort out where he plays in 2020.

"He's young and because he's such a good player and done so much, people treat him like a 28 or 29-year-old when he's just 22.

"He's got a lot on his plate too with a family to look after… putting into perspective of having children and trying to get the ball going (career-wise) by having all these offers and this amount of money, when he's come from very humble beginnings.

"In saying that, if I was advising him I'd tell him to look after himself and I think he's done a really good job of handling the pressure and the criticism."

View this post on Instagram

Take me back !!

@iam_lm01) on Dec 3 said:
Garner, who knew Mitchell from their days in the Roosters lower grades, is comfortable for his club to be in the hunt for the Test and Origin outside back.

"At the Tigers we’re always looking for quality players, whether that’s Latrell or somebody else," Garner said.

"It would be exciting to have him but if that doesn’t happen, I’m sure we’ll move on and find another quality player.

"I’m sure that in these types of situations Latrell is just trying to slow things down and think it through. At the end of the day it is his career and his life – and that's the most important thing.

"Whatever makes him happy I’m sure he’ll do it and I hope he succeeds."

It's not just Mitchell who has been linked to the Tigers but also Sharks fullback Matt Moylan.

Five key matchups of the Wests Tigers' 2020 draw
"If they're available and you can get them, why wouldn't you? If I was running the team I'd be doing the same thing," Mbye said.

Specficially on Mitchell's characteristics, Mbye said the Taree product needed no introduction.

"His strike. He's only young but he brings a hell of a lot of experience. He's won two premierships and played games for his country and his state and his indigenous heritage," he said.

"So he's got a lot of experience in big games. And he's got experience from a strong-cultured team and club

...am I looking into this too much or are there things still brewing behind the scenes with LM..

Mybe & Garner are being "Latrell whisperers" hoping they can quietly convince him that he will be welcomed with open arms at the Tigers!!

@Tcat said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087193) said:
If you were LM, why wouldnt you just call a press conference and just come out and say/squash all these rumours dead, something along the lines of

"i will decide on my future soon, i appreciate all the clubs who have shown interest and have contacted me, and i will discuss with my manager and talk to the clubs to decide shortly" etc etc etc....

seriously, not only do you then come across as having control over the situation, you dont look like a prick to the clubs/press/fans/NRL....poor guy is getting roasted everywhere and he literally has done nothing to warrant it.

too much common sense?

Agree. He and his manager haven't handled this situation well at all. They are clearly waiting for Souths to get their funds in order to make him an offer. His manager needs to open up and just say something.

Agreed.

Just like Bronson Xerri did with his twitter post. Put an end to those rumours very quick.

@WeHaveCheeKam said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087212) said:
@Tcat said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087193) said:

too much common sense?

Agreed.

Just like Bronson Xerri did with his twitter post. Put an end to those rumours very quick.

U got a link or screenshot?

Can the 2020 season start soon.... I'm getting cravings...... U know if addicted when u watch old highlights of tigers in golden point and start getting re- nervous....

I still think we are a big chance, especially if we can secure that BCFen 3rd party deal.

Roosters players love Latrell: Keary
Evin Priest and Pamela Whaley 1 hour ago

The Roosters recently pulled an upgraded contract offer of a reported $2.4 million over three years to Mitchell as he continues to explore his options. The 22-year-old star has been linked with NRL rivals Wests Tigers, North Queensland, Canterbury and Gold Coast and was also reportedly shopped to Super League newcomers Toronto Wolfpack.

It comes as Wests Tigers captain Moses Mbye defended Mitchell's handling of his contract negotiations, urging him to take his time to consider his future irrespective of where it lies.

However, the speculation surrounding Mitchell's next contract is spiralling out of control with reports the Roosters could make him play for feeder side North Sydney in 2020 if he doesn't find another club.

But five-eighth Keary doesn't feel that way. "One hundred per cent; I love him (Mitchell)," Keary told AAP at the Australian Open golf pro-am in Sydney on Wednesday. "I've played next to him for the last four or five years and I'd love him to stay. "He's one of the best players in the game and he's a good person. "We all love him. "He's produced for us over the last four or five years."

Keary, who himself faced a career-defining decision to leave South Sydney in 2016 after their 2014 premiership triumph, encouraged Mitchell to take time with his decision.

@TopTiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087210) said:
Mybe & Garner are being "Latrell whisperers" hoping they can quietly convince him that he will be welcomed with open arms at the Tigers!!

i'd be happy to pick him up and drive him to concord! But i seen he has black mercedes driving around bondi before. not a good reverse parker! haha then again he's only 22

@Newtown said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087228) said:
Roosters players love Latrell: Keary
Evin Priest and Pamela Whaley 1 hour ago

The Roosters recently pulled an upgraded contract offer of a reported $2.4 million over three years to Mitchell as he continues to explore his options. The 22-year-old star has been linked with NRL rivals Wests Tigers, North Queensland, Canterbury and Gold Coast and was also reportedly shopped to Super League newcomers Toronto Wolfpack.

It comes as Wests Tigers captain Moses Mbye defended Mitchell's handling of his contract negotiations, urging him to take his time to consider his future irrespective of where it lies.

However, the speculation surrounding Mitchell's next contract is spiralling out of control with reports the Roosters could make him play for feeder side North Sydney in 2020 if he doesn't find another club.

But five-eighth Keary doesn't feel that way. "One hundred per cent; I love him (Mitchell)," Keary told AAP at the Australian Open golf pro-am in Sydney on Wednesday. "I've played next to him for the last four or five years and I'd love him to stay. "He's one of the best players in the game and he's a good person. "We all love him. "He's produced for us over the last four or five years."

Keary, who himself faced a career-defining decision to leave South Sydney in 2016 after their 2014 premiership triumph, encouraged Mitchell to take time with his decision.

Seems like the negative media is getting to Latrell and his team. Two positive spin stories, one from Mbye / Garner and the other from Keary, tell me that Mitchell is getting a little annoyed that he's not being seen in a positive light.

Latrell Mitchell’s manager Wayde Rushton defends lengthy NRL contract talks
Player agent Wayde Rushton has opened up on Latrell Mitchell’s ongoing contract talks, disruptive “third parties” and talk of his superstar client staying at the Roosters for 2020.

**Nick Walshaw, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
December 4, 2019 5:21pm**

Latrell Mitchell’s manager has hit back at criticism over the ongoing contract talks surrounding his star client, stressing: “We’ve done nothing wrong”.

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Telegraph, rising player agent Wayde Rushton has strongly defended the decision to go onto the open market and determine a true worth for Mitchell, the reigning Roosters premiership hero.

While understanding the hype surrounding said negotiations – “that comes with Latrell being one of the game’s best” – Rushton did question the motives of “third parties” who were leaking stories to the media.

The manager famed for keeping a small client base also revealed the 22-year-old Kangaroo had not ruled out remaining at Bondi Junction for 2020, where he is still contracted, despite suggestions he will be forced to play reserve grade with North Sydney.

“There is definitely a chance Latrell could be at the Roosters next year,” Rushton said.

And as for the threat of playing NSW Cup?

“We’ve never been told anything like that officially,” the agent continued.

“And I’d find it hard to believe that anyone would go from playing Test football to reserve grade with the Bears.

“Unfortunately though, there’s a lot of speculation around at the moment.

“And some of that, I can understand.

“But it’s important to remember Latrell is well within his rights to do what he’s doing.

“We’ve done nothing wrong.

“Just because a young footballer doesn’t accept the first offer a club throws his way, it doesn’t mean he’s greedy or ungrateful.

“People need to remember that these young players, they aren’t in this game for a long time.

“So why would Latrell not take his time and explore all options available to both him and his family?

“Rugby league, undeniably, is big business. And that’s exactly how Latrell Mitchell is treating what shapes as the biggest decision of his life.”

Rushton added that neither he nor Mitchell were driving the ongoing media hype surrounding negotiations.

Instead, the player agent hinted at disruptive “third parties” who saw “financial motives” in being the one perceived by NRL clubs as able to strike a deal.

Indeed, it has been suggested two well-known rugby league identities recently approached a Sydney club claiming they could finalise the Mitchell deal for a fee of $50,000.

Since going onto the open market in November – when the Roosters withdrew a two-year extension worth $800,000 a season — Mitchell and his manager have engaged in talks with Canterbury, Wests Tigers, North Queensland and Gold Coast.

Other clubs linked to rugby league’s No.1 indigenous player have also included Newcastle, South Sydney, Toronto Wolfpack, even Australian Rugby.

“But it’s important people know we aren’t the ones pushing these stories,” Rushton said.

“Unfortunately, there are other people out there who see financial motives for trying to help Mitchell sort a deal.

Latrell Mitchell’s manager Wayde Rushton has defended the star’s contract process. Picture: Dan Himbrechts
Latrell Mitchell’s manager Wayde Rushton has defended the star’s contract process. Picture: Dan Himbrechts
The manager famed for keeping a small client base also revealed the 22-year-old Kangaroo had not ruled out remaining at Bondi Junction for 2020, where he is still contracted, despite suggestions he will be forced to play reserve grade with North Sydney.

“There is definitely a chance Latrell could be at the Roosters next year,” Rushton said.

“And I’d find it hard to believe that anyone would go from playing Test football to reserve grade with the Bears.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Catch up on your favourite sports anywhere at anytime with Fox Mini's Watch now

Mitchell may still remain with the Roosters. Picture: Phil Hillyard
“But it’s important to remember Latrell is well within his rights to do what he’s doing.

“Just because a young footballer doesn’t accept the first offer a club throws his way, it doesn’t mean he’s greedy or ungrateful.

“People need to remember that these young players, they aren’t in this game for a long time.

“So why would Latrell not take his time and explore all options available to both him and his family?

Rushton said the Townsville pictures weren’t arranged by management. Picture: Evan Morgan
Rushton said the Townsville pictures weren’t arranged by management. Picture: Evan Morgan
“Rugb

Indeed, it has been suggested two well-known rugby league identities recently approached a Sydney club claiming they could finalise the Mitchell deal for a fee of $50,000.

Rushton hadn’t spoken with anyone about Mitchell playing with North Sydney. Picture: Julian Andrews
Rushton hadn’t spoken with anyone about Mitchell playing with North Sydney. Picture: Julian Andrews
Since going onto the open market in November – when the Roosters withdrew a two-year extension worth $800,000 a season — Mitchell and his manager have engaged in talks with Canterbury, Wests Tigers, North Queensland and Gold Coast.

Other clubs linked to rugby league’s No.1 indigenous player have also included Newcastle, South Sydney, Toronto Wolfpack, even Australian Rugby.

“But it’s important people know we aren’t the ones pushing these stories,” Rushton said.

“Unfortunately, there are other people out there who see financial motives for trying to help Mitchell sort a deal.

“But we’ve never talked to anyone about Toronto, about rugby union, and it certainly wasn’t us who tipped journalists off when we met North Queensland officials in Townsville.

“Obviously, I understand the interest.

“Latrell is not only one of the best players in the game, but one of its biggest drawcards.

“You go into any schoolyard around the State and there’s no guessing who most kids want to be in their games of footy – it’s Latrell.

“But there are over 150 NRL players off contract in 2020. And more than a dozen who, right now, are still looking to find a club for next year.

“And I can assure you every one of them – and their managers – are trying to secure the best deal possible.”

@Ponyo said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087248) said:
Latrell Mitchell’s manager Wayde Rushton defends lengthy NRL contract talks
Player agent Wayde Rushton has opened up on Latrell Mitchell’s ongoing contract talks, disruptive “third parties” and talk of his superstar client staying at the Roosters for 2020.

**Nick Walshaw, The Daily Telegraph
Subscriber only
December 4, 2019 5:21pm**

Latrell Mitchell’s manager has hit back at criticism over the ongoing contract talks surrounding his star client, stressing: “We’ve done nothing wrong”.

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Telegraph, rising player agent Wayde Rushton has strongly defended the decision to go onto the open market and determine a true worth for Mitchell, the reigning Roosters premiership hero.

While understanding the hype surrounding said negotiations – “that comes with Latrell being one of the game’s best” – Rushton did question the motives of “third parties” who were leaking stories to the media.

“Rugby league, undeniably, is big business. And that’s exactly how Latrell Mitchell is treating what shapes as the biggest decision of his life.”

Rushton added that neither he nor Mitchell were driving the ongoing media hype surrounding negotiations.

Instead, the player agent hinted at disruptive “third parties” who saw “financial motives” in being the one perceived by NRL clubs as able to strike a deal.

FROM OUR PARTNERS

Catch up on your favourite sports anywhere at anytime with Fox Mini's Watch now

“Rugb

“But we’ve never talked to anyone about Toronto, about rugby union, and it certainly wasn’t us who tipped journalists off when we met North Queensland officials in Townsville.

“Obviously, I understand the interest.

“Latrell is not only one of the best players in the game, but one of its biggest drawcards.

“You go into any schoolyard around the State and there’s no guessing who most kids want to be in their games of footy – it’s Latrell.

“But there are over 150 NRL players off contract in 2020. And more than a dozen who, right now, are still looking to find a club for next year.

“And I can assure you every one of them – and their managers – are trying to secure the best deal possible.”

And the attempted charm offensive continues. Too little, too late in my opinion. I also believe what The Pom said on this forum about the abominable behaviour of the agent. Whatever happens, I really hope Latrell rejects us and ends up playing elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back