Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087500) said:
@cqtiger said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087499) said:
Can someone explain to me what constitutes ‘overs’ for a fully fit player?

I’m reading Arrow being offered $800k by Souths? Also, Valentine Holmes offered $1m by Cowboys?
Lomax $3m over 6 years?

Are we the only ones paying overs for offering Latrell just under $1m a year?

Seems to me Souths want an immediate replacement for Burgess and Cowboys have wanted Holmes for a while but both clubs paid whatever to get their targets.

All the above are fit and raring to go so they aren’t in the Josh Reynolds, McQueen, Packerlino bracket.

If Holmes is worth a million Mitchell would be great value at $1.2m.

My thoughts too

‘Take me back’: Mitchell posts picture of Roosters grand final win as agent defends botched talks

FOX SPORTS DECEMBER 5 , 2019 11:08AM

Mitchell had been linked to the Wests Tigers and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, both of whom have now withdrawn their interest after Mitchell appeared to stall on a decision. He’s also been tipped to make the switch to rugby union and a move to Super League with the Toronto Wolfpack, while the North Queensland Cowboys and Gold Coast Titans seem to be his two remaining options in the NRL.
The NSW Origin and Kangaroos centre has also been asking for a switch to fullback, and his future could hinge on where Jai Arrow lands.

There remains one other option – going back to the Roosters. Mitchell has a year to run on his current deal, but the view from Bondi is that if he wants to see out his final 12 months with the Chooks, they’ll be shipping him out to feeder side North Sydney Bears.

The centre posted a photo on Instagram wearing Roosters kit next to the premiership trophy. The caption reads: “Take me back.”

@Newtown said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087524) said:
‘Take me back’: Mitchell posts picture of Roosters grand final win as agent defends botched talks

Mitchell had been linked to the Wests Tigers and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, both of whom have now withdrawn their interest after Mitchell appeared to stall on a decision. He’s also been tipped to make the switch to rugby union and a move to Super League with the Toronto Wolfpack, while the North Queensland Cowboys and Gold Coast Titans seem to be his two remaining options in the NRL.
The NSW Origin and Kangaroos centre has also been asking for a switch to fullback, and his future could hinge on where Jai Arrow lands.

There remains one other option – going back to the Roosters. Mitchell has a year to run on his current deal, but the view from Bondi is that if he wants to see out his final 12 months with the Chooks, they’ll be shipping him out to feeder side North Sydney Bears.

The centre posted a photo on Instagram wearing Roosters kit next to the premiership trophy. The caption reads: “Take me back.”

How dare he reminisce on the good vibes of winning the comp! I'm sure he enjoyed that time much more than he is now with all this contract crap.

Damage control being done on his reputation X Posting that on Instagram = He's trying to prevent burning bridges for 2020 and also trying to endear other potential clubs in 2021. Its probably just dawning on him what he could earn in 2021.

Its the end of the road for us though. Regardless of our announcement last week, I still held on to the faint hope, his management would come back to us, but they aren't. It looks like he's trying to get into the position to earn as much as he can from 2021.

I really hope we don't waste our time chasing him for 2021, because if he doesn't come here when we have no competitors, he won't when we are competing with half a dozen other clubs.

I’m reading Arrow being offered $800k by Souths? Also, Valentine Holmes offered $1m by Cowboys?
Lomax $3m over 6 years?

Are we the only ones paying overs for offering Latrell just under $1m a year?

Seems to me Souths want an immediate replacement for Burgess and Cowboys have wanted Holmes for a while but both clubs paid whatever to get their targets.

All the above are fit and raring to go so they aren’t in the Josh Reynolds, McQueen, Packerlino bracket.

For unproven fullback .... yes!

Both Latrell and Moylan come with emotional baggage and uncertainty whether they would fit in the WT culture.. On their day, both can be match winners.

That said, I'd go after Moylan in a straight swap for Reynolds. Both have 2 years remaining on their current contracts, both are on similar coin. The net difference to the WT cap and roster spot is negligible

@tigerap said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087537) said:
Both Latrell and Moylan come with emotional baggage and uncertainty whether they would fit in the WT culture.. On their day, both can be match winners.

That said, I'd go after Moylan in a straight swap for Reynolds. Both have 2 years remaining on their current contracts, both are on similar coin. The net difference to the WT cap and roster spot is negligible

If that would happen then Christmas would come early and we would still have some money and spots on roster for couple of good first grade signings.

after speaking to a few mates of mine.....they love to have panthers form Moylan at tigers.......

@TheDaBoss said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087539) said:
after speaking to a few mates of mine.....they love to have panthers form Moylan at tigers.......

I think some people forget how good Moylan is when fit.

Jesus, well that's the end of that then. He'd rather crawl back to the club he attempted to shaft then come to West's...even knowing there's (slight) chance he'll spend some time at Norths. Wow. What else can you say.

"Overs" is used by people to predetermine a player's potential value and sets a speculative anchor price.
It can only do so in a vacuum and by ignoring all market forces. e.g. there is no regulatory price on Latrell.

What something is worth to you, might have different value to me. There is the issue of quality, of need, of ambition, of resources, of scarcity, of supply and demand, plus other individual forces and market forces. Then there are the different weights that each of us give to those factors.
"Overs" needs so much contextual information for the average punter to work out actual value (there must be an algorithm out there!). So it's also hard for me to comprehend when people say e.g. someone is worth $700k but not $800k.

@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087542) said:

I think some people forget how good Moylan is ***when*** fit.

@tigerbalm said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087545) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087542) said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azj36_tOi7c

@tigerbalm said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087543) said:

Jesus, well that's the end of that then. He'd rather crawl back to the club he attempted to shaft then come to West's...even knowing there's (slight) chance he'll spend some time at Norths. Wow. What else can you say.

Turn our back on this and don’t look back to see the train wreck that could have been ours.

@TheDaBoss said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087546) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087545) said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azj36_tOi7c

Not being funny but that 2 minutes was really underwhelming. I dont know if you posted it ironically.

@tigerbalm said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087550) said:
Not being funny but that 2 minutes was really underwhelming. I dont know if you posted it ironically.

Looked alright to me.

I think some people forget how good Moylan is when fit.

Moylan has shown who he really is at the Sharks. Everyone banking on a so-called form reversal will be disappointed. His Panthers from was an aberration. Please believe him when he demonstrates who he really is and stop pretending he is a good buy simply because we can't get anyone else.

What is the actual link with Moylan? Basically that 'we' have asked and Sharks would like to offload him? That is it.

And him and his manager have already said they are not interested.

**It's understood a Tigers official made contact with Moylan last week to gauge his interest in a move to Concord, with an eye to replacing Benji Marshall in the halves when the club legend eventually retires.

Moylan is contracted to Cronulla until the end of 2021, with both he and his manager rebuffing the Tigers approach.****

@ElleryHanley said in [Latrell Mitchell Contract Discussion](/post/1087561) said:

What is the actual link with Moylan? Basically that 'we' have asked and Sharks would like to offload him? That is it.

And him and his manager have already said they are not interested.

**It's understood a Tigers official made contact with Moylan last week to gauge his interest in a move to Concord, with an eye to replacing Benji Marshall in the halves when the club legend eventually retires.

Moylan is contracted to Cronulla until the end of 2021, with both he and his manager rebuffing the Tigers approach.****

wait, so even Moylan said no to coming to Wests...Moylan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back