Live game thread: Contains spoilers

As soon as I saw that imbecile JT in the Rorters camp I knew we had a better than even chance of winning.Well done boys.

Effort like that is all you can ask for. Some glaring issues there but that was some of the best defensive efforts from a group in years for this club.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/10/live-wests-tigers-and-roosters-press-conferences/?utm_source=NRLTWContent&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

live presser

Based on the performances this weekend I believe, when fully fit, this should be the starting team:

1\. Lolohea
2\. Thompson
3\. Masters
4\. Milne
5\. Nofoaluma
6\. Marshall
7\. Brooks
8\. Packer
9\. Liddle
10\. Twal
11\. Lawrence
12\. Eisenhuth
13\. Taylor

14\. Reynolds
15\. Aloiai
16\. Rochow
17\. Matulino

Some key points:
Had no idea where to fit McQueen in the lineup, and would've liked to have Rochow somewhere in there but he'll be consistent off the bench.

Aloiai and Matulino for impact in the middle of the games.

Reynolds comes in for some energy and big plays anywhere around the 6, 7, or 9.

Would've liked to fit MCK somewhere around there as well, can't see a spot for him though.

Mck's offloads late in that second half were crucial in our win in my opinion. And I'm not talking about the falcon.
The second phase that come off the back of his offloads really damaged the chooks

THAT WAS FANTASTIC - We were jumping around like we had won the grand final - TIGAAAR

@ said:
All I asked for was a much improved defense.
Thank you Ivan

Yes this! No one has been able to make our defence this good in like….I don't know....forever!! Cleary has managed to fix this in the first round! Albeit, it is practically a whole new team.

Still it was a great, never say die attitude against one of the Premiership heavyweights, who have owned us for over 6 years. The attack wasn't too flash, but neither was theirs for that matter and they have strike power all over the park. Don't worry the attack will come, it's only round one. As long as our defence holds like that in most matches, we will win more than we lose, Imo.

Very happy for the boys, they deserved the win today :smiley:

That's one of the best wins the club has had imo. It wasn't pretty to watch, but it was gritty and courageous.

Finally a win against the chickens after so many years! Our defence won us the game, I liked our attitude, hopefully this is a sign that we can win grinding games even against the benchmark teams.
Our forwards (except Lawrence) were very good, Falise, Aloiai, Sue all deserve to be there before our 'captain'.
Marsters was fantastic, his offloads will win as many games.
Thompson could be our best buy ever !
Marshall's short kicking made a difference when Brooks was out for 10.
Lolohea was solid, but his luck of speed is serious problem. His goal kicking was rocks and diamonds, he missed an easy kick and than kick fantastic goal from sideline when the game was on the line.

Wow!!!
Unbelievable finish.
Hopefully with improvement in attack we can male things easier for ourselves in future.

Way too stressful for round one and i dont think i couldve handled golden.point.

Thanks Tedesco….how ironic...how hilarious.

Well.done boys...hung in well

@ said:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/10/live-wests-tigers-and-roosters-press-conferences/?utm_source=NRLTWContent&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=NetworkContent

live presser

Thanks, Robinson was gracious in defeat and offered no excuses.

THAT THAT THAT THAT THAT

19 seasons and we finally see what this club should of been built on

Out defending instead of outscoring

Still early but hell yeah , that was promising

@ said:
Mck's offloads late in that second half were crucial in our win in my opinion. And I'm not talking about the falcon.
The second phase that come off the back of his offloads really damaged the chooks

He was very good against the Sharks in the trial and backed it up today. Got hit hard a few times but he's got some fight in him and came up with a couple of good offloads for sure. He and Marsters proved very effective on the right edge. What they lack in speed they make up for with second phase play.

Latest posts

Back