Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers

@seant said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510483) said:
Rather Blore on the edge anyways. Would of had Luciano off the bench. He's a 55-60 minute player at best.

550k max. I would of offered him 450k honestly.

We’ve paid him and his brother probably a combined 2 million to come here and change absolutely nothing! Time to stop making nuffies rich.

Great news for the club. We are no longer giving overpriced contracts out to plodders who think they deserve it. Luciano is ridiculously overrated and not worth any fuss. I really like how measured we've been lately.

This is the best part.....

"At his best Leilua isn’t a long way behind Kikau"

Good one Rothfield. That's what you write when you know nothing about a player and your 8 schooners deep and on a story deadline.

Now someone call a Doctor, my sides are splitting. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Yeah, nah...

Posted about it in depth in the signings thread.

Luciano isn't a Sheens type of player.
NQ got themselves another Esan.

“ suffered another massive recruitment blow” Buzz didn’t mention what was the others. Not paying Josh Hodgson full freight or losing Mbye to Saints?

Here’s our other massive recruitment blows for 2022
2022 LOSSES
Michael Chee-Kam (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Joseph Leilua (Featherstone Rovers), Moses Mbye (St George Illawarra Dragons), Russell Packer (retired), Billy Walters (Brisbane Broncos)

@aturkey said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510496) said:
Great news for the club. We are no longer giving overpriced contracts out to plodders who think they deserve it. Luciano is ridiculously overrated and not worth any fuss. I really like how measured we've been lately.

It's been a long wait for long suffering fans but maybe soon we will see the rewards and our young players will really step up and lead us inti a great future

@swordy said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510498) said:
This is the best part.....

"At his best Leilua isn’t a long way behind Kikau"

Good one Rothfield. That's what you write when you know nothing about a player and your 8 schooners deep and on a story deadline.

Now someone call a Doctor, my sides are splitting. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Tbf, it isn’t far from the truth. Kikau is hilariously overrated.

Luch got the payday he wanted and as far as I'm concerned good on him. money like that doesn't come around very often. we're better served with Papali'i and Blore in the back row imo, gives us far more starch in defence.

up to us now to ensure we get something from the cowboys if he's going to head there a year early. Daejarn Asi or Heilum Luki would be ideal.

Suspect defense but he was our x-factor forward.
It’s nothing less than a huge loss.

@bigsiro said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510511) said:

He probably wouldn’t of been sacked from the club, but did he do anything special to be considered x-factor imo?

His stats suggest, not really?

APPEARANCES
SCORING
TRIES
ATTACK
LINE BREAKS
LINE BREAK ASSISTS
PASSING
OFFLOADS
DEFENCE
TACKLES MADE
TACKLE EFFICIENCY
Tackle Efficiency93.1%
RUNNING METRES
AVERAGE RUNNING METRES
TOTAL RUNNING METRES

Give me no nonsense forwards who make their tackles and scare people any day. Next.

@tigerwest I’d agree he wasn’t superb for us lately and I don’t think we saw his best here - maybe only in short spurts but he never got to a level of any consistency or reliability. . And that’s probably the biggest shame.

@bagnf05 said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510515) said:

Give me no nonsense forwards who make their tackles and scare people any day. Next.

Love one. Got any in mind?
Anyway we still need diversity in the forward pack. Can’t all be Trevor gillmeisters.

@bigsiro said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510517) said:
@bagnf05 said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510515) said:

Love one. Got any in mind?
Anyway we still need diversity in the forward pack. Can’t all be Trevor gillmeisters.

I didn’t say they all have to be the same size. We already have Stef and Twal, Papali’i from 2023, just keep adding quality as it becomes available, not sure why we didn’t go hard at Tariq.

![Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.14.59 pm.png](/assets/uploads/files/1637787425181-screen-shot-2021-11-24-at-10.14.59-pm.png)

Back