Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers

I usually take zero notice of the DT and Rothfiled, but this is a direct quote from Sheens.

“We knew the Cowboys were negotiating,” Sheens said. “It sounded like a damn good offer."

To me, he is saying like the rest of us. 'You aint worth it to us, but good luck to you if you can get it'.

Players have different values to different clubs because clubs have different needs. This comparison of a fixed price across the board isn't right and isn't indicative of reality.

LL runs out of puff after 25 minutes imagine him up in high humidity conditions in North Queensland.
Garner had 95% tackle efficiency last season whereas LL was like a turnstile in defence. Garner actually improved after poor defence previous year. He maybe getting better??
Obviously the media don’t watch LL play.

During the season Tigers had televised channel 9 game Johns was rambling on about him in attack Gus butted in there is 2 parts to a game what about his defence.
Gus knew he was as a poor defender like all us supporters. We have struggled with defence for 10 years the best teams that make it to top four have great defence. We cannot go anywhere in the NRL with a player like him leaking tries week after week on the edge.

To be honest if we keep Lucy for another year i doubt if he will put in any effort.His 2021 form was that of a lazy footballer not doing much defensive work and failing to even do any of the small things that count.He is just a younger version of his useless brother which is a pity because i believe he is a potentialy better player.
Nail the cowgirls to the wall in getting an early relesae but it has to be players not money.I doubt there are any of our officials who want him hanging around in 2022,he has a losers attitude and will fit in at NQ

@ultimate-warrior said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510551) said:
@gnr4life said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510548) said:
@milky said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510545) said:
I totally forgot we had Blore...

We could never afford both Papali'i and Luciano in the first place. We desperately need to upgrade Stefano, should be first priority.

With Papali'i, Stefano, Ofahengaue and Twal we have a decent few forwards. If Blore, Simpkins and Tuilagi kick on then we have a great pack.

We need to strengthen our halves and outside backs. Our priority for 2023 should be a gun halfback to pair with AD in the halves, a decent winger and some centres.

Blore isn’t ready for that spot in 2022 though. We need an established first grader to replace Luc.

I like Luc but he is NOT worth that coin.

We picked up the back rower of the year for less!

We are the penny pinchers of the NRL .. low-balling everyone with our “perceived worth” . more to walk whilst Pascoe (aka Humphrey Bear) is in charge of the ceramic money box and talk-free contract negotiations
We are a joke ... popping corks at signing James Tamou as Captain Fantastic but he has the same communication skills as Pascoe - Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb!

Leilua had an abysmal 2nd half of the season starting from the storm game. He looked like he was moving in quicksand. Whether it be injury or not he was cleared to play each week and was atrocious in defence. Happy to let him go early if we can strike a deal with the cows for a replacement.

Perfect chance to hold him to his contract and play him for 30-40 mins from the bench in 2022.

Tuilagi is the best second rower at the club anyway.

@kelce68 said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510577) said:
Perfect chance to hold him to his contract and play him for 30-40 mins from the bench in 2022.

Tuilagi is the best second rower at the club anyway.

This would be why the WT'S appear to be showing little concern I would let him go now and I think it be a big boost to the number of young forwards at the club

Needs to be a player swap or he stays. If he gives < 100% straight to reserve grade. As an earlier poster said, other teams make them stick around. Need a Gallen, or similar, to remind of him of his responsibilities.

no point keeping him unless you drop him to reserve grade, these brothers have attitude and all of a sudden terrible defense becomes non existent defense

@sparci said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510596) said:
no point keeping him unless you drop him to reserve grade, these brothers have attitude and all of a sudden terrible defense becomes non existent defense

I know next year isn't going to be of any real significance for us in terms of success, but Luch can still be an asset for us. if he's not in future plans he can play a 30-40 minute role off the bench where he can come on and change the game in a short space of time. happy to let him go if we can get something in return, but if not we're far better off keeping him.

Maybe luch could see the writing on the wall with progression of blore and tuilaga anyway .I don't think he would get more than 500k on his nxt contract with us anyway

Liking us coming out on the front foot recently and putting our intentions on the table early.

Sheens looks to have made a big difference here.

**Wests Tigers**

**Wests Tigers**

**Thu 25 Nov 2021, 10:50 AM**

Wests Tigers player Luciano Leilua has confirmed to the club he will depart at the end of the 2022 season to take up a long-term deal with another NRL club.

The 25-year-old Leilua joined Wests Tigers at the start of the 2020 season and has gone on to play a total of 44 games for the club.

Since his arrival, Luciano has made a strong contribution to Wests Tigers, and we have no doubt that he is firmly committed to delivering his best football with the club in 2022.

We wish Luciano, his partner Dora, and his daughter Ida-Lynn all the best in the future.

@spartan117 said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510570) said:
I'm looking for Strength from Pascoe on this matter.

Lol, me too. He’s shown some I guess by not talking to luci’s agent since August?
Now would be a good time to get on the phone to Reibel and talk up WT need for the LL factor in attack.

@kingrobbie said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510601) said:
Liking us coming out on the front foot recently and putting our intentions on the table early.

**Wests Tigers**

**Wests Tigers**

Wests Tigers player Luciano Leilua has confirmed to the club he will depart at the end of the 2022 season to take up a long-term deal with another NRL club.

The 25-year-old Leilua joined Wests Tigers at the start of the 2020 season and has gone on to play a total of 44 games for the club.

Since his arrival, Luciano has made a strong contribution to Wests Tigers, and we have no doubt that he is firmly committed to delivering his best football with the club in 2022.

We wish Luciano, his partner Dora, and his daughter Ida-Lynn all the best in the future.

So we're on the front foot with end of 2022 departure. The Cowboys know they will have to come up with something tangible for him to gain a release.

@kingrobbie said in [Luciano Leilua quits Wests Tigers](/post/1510601) said:

**Wests Tigers**

**Wests Tigers**

I like it. Played it with a dead bat. Over to you now, Cowboys.

Let him go to them early for a player swap. I'll take the Hammer or Hess

I don't think it's a great loss but will need to go on the market for a good player to replace him. We don't have anyone.

Latest posts

Members online

Back