Luke Brooks #167

I’m pleased to see the end of the jealousy over Brooks’ contract payments.
I realise in 23 he’s probably on close to $1m, but when Madge re-signed Brooksy in December 18 he played the next two seasons on $550k with 2021 seeing his first increase.
This unselfishness by Brooks is to be admired. However, with all the unnecessary criticism it’s not surprising that he has said he will be selfish in his next contract dealings.
Who would begrudge the guy for doing that now that he has a young family.

False equivalence,
Lol edited and still got it wrong. Embarrassing.

Listen, you see how you liked a comment above where your other fan club member called someone a simpleton? That there is how my original point of you being a hypocrite is on the money, not an example of false equivalency.

I really hope you didn’t spend to much time researching that, I’m sure you’ve got better ways to spend those hands of the clock spinning.

Sadly , Tucker that is scary, but true.
I’ve met quite a few CEOs and high level C suite employees of major companies.
They would each eat their children to achieve their goals. It is quite an experience hanging in their company. One could only imagine what goes on when it’s just them around.

That’s why he had to go, the way he played at 13, looked like he had refused to follow instructions. I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt and take into consideration his playing style while in SL.
Seriously folks, how many 13s handle the ball more times than the halves combined tally? Lol.
I liked watching the sharks backline when they were firing.
They would stand deeper and closer which allows every player to run fast and change angles quickly depending on the defensive reads. The flatter you are the easier it is to defend.

I liked watching the sharks backline when they were firing.
They would stand deeper and closer which allows every player to run fast and change angles quickly depending on the defensive reads. The flatter you are the easier it is to defend.
I like Souths and Storm backlines. They also come on deep like sharks’. When the backs play that style there always seems to be an extra number for them. Souths were slightly better at it with Reynolds.
If Benji could get that harmonic motion in our backline we’re a danger to any team.

When was that proven false? I watched that game
as Buttface said. Someone responded to your claims with the game link. In the first 15 mins Brooks passed back on the inside just once (5mins 20sec) to Utoikamanu. It was on the first tackle (thanks to a 6 again call) and there was nothing doing on the outside. Certainly no 3 instances of ignoring an overlap to pass inside. You failed to respond to that post as you failed to respond to Buttface's. I guess because you have no evidence to support your claims.
Did Brooks play well? Not really. Conceded a penalty (for high contact but the contact was soft and the penalty harsh) and was run over by Nick Meaney for the first try. Poor attempted tackle by Brooks but he was left stranded after having to first cover the lead runner due to Blore not sliding across, then got minimal help from Chee Kam and no help from Cini. Still Brooks should have done better, as should have those around him.
Brooks however was the only player to react to Cini dropping the ball and at least tried to stop the Dogs second try (to no avail). Not the action of someone tanking.
Beyond that, with several other instances of Tigers dropped ball, Talau running into touch, Madden kicking dead, Nofo kicking early for himself straight to the opponents. Players getting injured or binned not sure how you can blame any of that shit show on Brooks.
If you would care to enlighten us on how and why you hold Brooks responsible for that game, particularly the first 20mins as you suggest please do so.

as Buttface said. Someone responded to your claims with the game link. In the first 15 mins Brooks passed back on the inside just once (5mins 20sec) to Utoikamanu. It was on the first tackle (thanks to a 6 again call) and there was nothing doing on the outside. Certainly no 3 instances of ignoring an overlap to pass inside. You failed to respond to that post as you failed to respond to Buttface's. I guess because you have no evidence to support your claims.
Did Brooks play well? Not really. Conceded a penalty (for high contact but the contact was soft and the penalty harsh) and was run over by Nick Meaney for the first try. Poor attempted tackle by Brooks but he was left stranded after having to first cover the lead runner due to Blore not sliding across, then got minimal help from Chee Kam and no help from Cini. Still Brooks should have done better, as should have those around him.
Brooks however was the only player to react to Cini dropping the ball and at least tried to stop the Dogs second try (to no avail). Not the action of someone tanking.
Beyond that, with several other instances of Tigers dropped ball, Talau running into touch, Madden kicking dead, Nofo kicking early for himself straight to the opponents. Players getting injured or binned not sure how you can blame any of that shit show on Brooks.
If you would care to enlighten us on how and why you hold Brooks responsible for that game, particularly the first 20mins as you suggest please do so.
Oh no, I'm starting to get depressed again. 🥴

Really? I've always found him to be one of the best posters on this forum.
Everyone has their good days and bad days and pointing problems out to others should be ok but going overboard is not nice nor is reacting like a goose and embarrassing yourself and getting a bad name.
This forum is the best compared to a lot of other forums.
I've been frustrated so many times with some members as they have been with me, we're not perfect but we should engage in furious debates in private and/or put those we don't like on ignore.

I like Souths and Storm backlines. They also come on deep like sharks’. When the backs play that style there always seems to be an extra number for them. Souths were slightly better at it with Reynolds.
If Benji could get that harmonic motion in our backline we’re a danger to any team.

Yessir, set the backline a bit more deeper to run onto the ball with sweeps and players in motion and then flatten it up at the line when we have quick play the ball. Easier to say than do but Api is a game changer for us at scrum half 100. Bring on 2023 boys

Latest posts

Back