Luke Brooks #167

I’ve bagged his in-game decision making myself many times but I’ll never apportion significant blame to the bloke for our lengthy period of misery as fans. The true creators of that are now gone and we’ve seen in 2 months what a good operator in the front office can achieve.

Until we are actually predicted to make a climb up the ladder (id suggest 2025 if we can further improve in the backline) I’d suggest we go easy on all our playmakers, 2024 will be a learning year.

Predicted by whom lol.

I hope Richardson is impressing performance ownership above the standards of your second paragraph.

Otherwise, nothing has changed.

I always supported the guy and hoped he would help us to victory each game but it is so very surprising how since he has signed with Manly that so many people - including the Murdoch muppets - discount 200 games of history of how he would play.
Regardless if he is six or seven - the men outside of him, when in the attacking zone, will still get poor ball fed to them with the occasional sublime passes thrown every 5 or so games. Ball boys and girls will still get a pass or two as well

Who would those best outside backs be?
The true game breakers such as Joey Manu, DWZ, Lattrell Mitchell (when fit), Stephen Crichton and To’o. You’ll see them take plenty of early carries then pop up when a try is on. Most can cover multiple positions because they are dangerous with the ball in hand. We badly need one.

The true game breakers such as Joey Manu, DWZ, Lattrell Mitchell (when fit), Stephen Crichton and To’o. You’ll see them take plenty of early carries then pop up when a try is on. Most can cover multiple positions because they are dangerous with the ball in hand. We badly need one.
All playing with a good halfback, though.

All playing with a good halfback, though.
Manu has starred for Roosters and NZ regardless of halves struggles at times.

Latrell doesn’t need someone to feed him the ball he goes looking for it.

Crichton dominates at club and international level, regardless of halves.

To’o is just a weapon who runs over people.

I fail to see why the #7 has to play well for an outside back to play strongly. To give an example closer to home, prime David Nofoaluma was able to impact games by lifting his involvement and running hard/straight.

If you wait for the game to come to you, there’s your problem.

Last edited:

I fail to see why the #7 has to play well for an outside back to play strongly. To give an example closer to home, prime David Nofoaluma was able to impact games by lifting his involvement and running hard/straight.

I agree . It’s all connected . A good allows his outside men the time and space to do thier thing - if they’re good enough . The best players will do it themselves .
Lattrell is a force unto himself . The amount of gravity he holds on the field is uncanny.
He just attracts defenders . You see props shooting at him when he’s in edge corridors.
We saw how limited even a great player like Walker is , when LM isnt on the field , such is the space his mere presence allows others .
Chricton and Manu are very similar , if just a notch below the LM at his best level . There’s only 2 other players in the history of the game I can think of who have that same pull . Inglis and Meninga . The issue is LM finding that type of consistency

How can I get this thread locked? Do I have to be insanely racist or homophobic? I’d rather not do that. What about simply going off topic? How’s this weather? Man I hate that politician. What’s people having for lunch? What song are you listening to right now? What’s something that makes you laugh unexpectedly? What’s going on with the navy docks? That new war boat is too expensive/ too cheap…discuss.

How can I get this thread locked? Do I have to be insanely racist or homophobic? I’d rather not do that. What about simply going off topic? How’s this weather? Man I hate that politician. What’s people having for lunch? What song are you listening to right now? What’s something that makes you laugh unexpectedly? What’s going on with the navy docks? That new war boat is too expensive/ too cheap…discuss.
How about a discussion over exes who left us for someone else, even though we hated them the whole time they were with us and were so happy to see the back of them, we never even wanted to think about them ever again, except all the times we couldn’t let go and still complained about them.

How about a discussion over exes who left us for someone else, even though we hated them the whole time they were with us and were so happy to see the back of them, we never even wanted to think about them ever again, except all the times we couldn’t let go and still complained about them.

RUOK?

It doesn't matter how often you go looking for the football, someone has to pass it to you for you to get it. And in order to have the football for any reasonable amount of time, you need to build pressure by constructing attacking plays and scoring/getting repeat sets when in opposition territory. That's usually the job of the halfback/five eighth. The 4 superstars you named above all play outside a good forward pack and representative level half or 5/8 who can provide opportunities for them.

I agree . It’s all connected . A good allows his outside men the time and space to do thier thing - if they’re good enough . The best players will do it themselves .
Lattrell is a force unto himself . The amount of gravity he holds on the field is uncanny.
He just attracts defenders . You see props shooting at him when he’s in edge corridors.
We saw how limited even a great player like Walker is , when LM isnt on the field , such is the space his mere presence allows others .
Chricton and Manu are very similar , if just a notch below the LM at his best level . There’s only 2 other players in the history of the game I can think of who have that same pull . Inglis and Meninga . The issue is LM finding that type of consistency
Absolutely. It’s the guys who do the individual brilliance stuff I am talking about. The stuff that’s not scripted or coached. Our head coach was one of them at his best. Teddy when he was here (and afterwards) could create out of nothing. Every side that has gone to the top in the NRL era has had someone like that. I fail to see who our guy is and it’s a big reason we don’t score enough points.

It doesn't matter how often you go looking for the football, someone has to pass it to you for you to get it. And in order to have the football for any reasonable amount of time, you need to build pressure by constructing attacking plays and scoring/getting repeat sets when in opposition territory. That's usually the job of the halfback/five eighth. The 4 superstars you named above all play outside a good forward pack and representative level half or 5/8 who can provide opportunities for them.
I take your point. Good halves definitely elevate those around them. But I think we would have seen a lot more from our outside backs if any of them were truly elite. Great individual players like Teddy, Hayne, Turbo etc. go grab the ball one off the ruck and create carnage.

Why close it just don't look inside people should be able to talk about him

Latest posts

Staff online

Back