Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1500849) said:
@bob said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1319946) said:
@the_patriot said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1319922) said:
Ok guys, leave the debate for other appropriate threads.

Have your vote and try to keep the comments to the vote only.

Throwing madden, another rookie into the spine is madness. The issue with our spine now is nobody knows what it takes to win in the NRL.

I’d be all for getting rid of brooks if you got a Reynolds or a Cleary signed as a replacement. But you a just putting people there who aren’t ready for the sake of getting rid of brooks.

It’s a replay of binning sheens because he didn’t make the eight, then going through four coaches with very little success.

We got rid of Benji because everyone though brooks would be better for the team. after two games we are panicking and are going to hand the team over to Madden who has never played NRL or AD who has played about 150 minutes in the halves?

If you want brooks gone fine, but go to market and get him replaced by somebody you know will be better.

Yep. Sack brooks and soon enough we’ll have a jock madden hate thread

I doubt it. He wouldn’t last long.

@geo said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1500775) said:
@strongee said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1500772) said:
Soooo when Luke goes to the knights in January ,has the brigade thought about who their next target is going to be . I mean I cant remember pre fitzhenry , maybe Lincoln Withers? But there’s always 1 player for all rivers of tiger hate to flow to . After fitzhenry it was Beau Ryan for a minute , then Kevin Naqaima got some serious hate , which is funny because of the love he’s getting in the signings thread , now obviously brooks since 2017 basically . Sooo Nofa ? surely he’s the logical choice right ? Is there someone else ? I’ve got my money on AD . This site will be about how overrated he is by 2025. ( he’s clearly not , but I’d just thought I’d get in early on my scapegoating ).
In the forwards we’ve had Bryce Gibbs , then Sharon ,Obviously . I remember skando having a lot of hate as well prior to 2005. AMD our fearless leader is now hated . ( I just think he’s old , and I remember he’s on like 300k , which is meh money ) . But I digress .
Back to the topic at hand . Who’s the hate going to be for . Simpkin could be a Smokey as well. He’s already got the brigade divided .
I’m just curious.

Have you met David Nofoaluma...

Yea , it’s an easy answer aye. It was more of a dig, at the perpetual cycle of scapegoating . We are all guilty of it , just some a lot more than others . This thread and the other ones being a pretty good case study in it .
It’s literally anyone but brooks for many people . And most may not realise it now , but they will live to regret this feeling in a few years . It happened with Robbie , it happened with benji , god it even happened with Lincoln withers .
For the billionth time , I’ll clarify , I’m not saying brooks is good , I’m just one of the people who sees how there’s next to no replacements in the nrl at the moment , who could replace him . Maybe Hastings, because he kicks it better . Too bad he can’t tackle , which is literally what our main issue is . Guys who can’t tackle !
It’s funny reading these threads , guys think punting brooks is the magic bullet . It could be . Maybe I’m wrong , god I hope so , but rarely if ever , has punting a first grade half for a , let’s face it , reserve grade half , ever worked . Sorry clarify , who isn’t a prodigious talent like a benji , Thurston type .

@fist-da-anus said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1500809) said:
Soooo when Luke goes to the knights in January ,has the brigade thought about who their next target is going to be . I mean I cant remember pre fitzhenry , maybe Lincoln Withers? But there’s always 1 player for all rivers of tiger hate to flow to . After fitzhenry it was Beau Ryan for a minute , then Kevin Naqaima got some serious hate , which is funny because of the love he’s getting in the signings thread , now obviously brooks since 2017 basically . Sooo Nofa ? surely he’s the logical choice right ? Is there someone else ? I’ve got my money on AD . This site will be about how overrated he is by 2025. ( he’s clearly not , but I’d just thought I’d get in early on my scapegoating ).
In the forwards we’ve had Bryce Gibbs , then Sharon ,Obviously . I remember skando having a lot of hate as well prior to 2005. AMD our fearless leader is now hated . ( I just think he’s old , and I remember he’s on like 300k , which is meh money ) . But I digress .
Back to the topic at hand . Who’s the hate going to be for . Simpkin could be a Smokey as well. He’s already got the brigade divided .
I’m just curious.

Fans like you would be my guess

Or potentially whatever you are? I’ve got no idea . Cause your not funny , you suck at trolling , because no one bites , not really , and im pretty sure you’re not a tigers supporter. So like I said , I’m not sure what your purpose is . Because your failing at all of the above .

@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1500871) said:

Throwing madden, another rookie into the spine is madness. The issue with our spine now is nobody knows what it takes to win in the NRL.

I’d be all for getting rid of brooks if you got a Reynolds or a Cleary signed as a replacement. But you a just putting people there who aren’t ready for the sake of getting rid of brooks.

It’s a replay of binning sheens because he didn’t make the eight, then going through four coaches with very little success.

We got rid of Benji because everyone though brooks would be better for the team. after two games we are panicking and are going to hand the team over to Madden who has never played NRL or AD who has played about 150 minutes in the halves?

If you want brooks gone fine, but go to market and get him replaced by somebody you know will be better.

He’s the great white hope because he can kick in behind . Until everyone realised that we will end up like the bulldogs attack . Control possession for 20 minutes , come away with a field goal . Not bagging him , he will be good with a dynamic 6 , but the great white hope he is not . And expectations should reflect that . But they don’t , because he’s anyone but brooks lol

@strongee said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501587) said:
@geo said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1500775) said:
I’m just curious.

Have you met David Nofoaluma...

Yea , it’s an easy answer aye. It was more of a dig, at the perpetual cycle of scapegoating . We are all guilty of it , just some a lot more than others . This thread and the other ones being a pretty good case study in it .
It’s literally anyone but brooks for many people . And most may not realise it now , but they will live to regret this feeling in a few years . It happened with Robbie , it happened with benji , god it even happened with Lincoln withers .
For the billionth time , I’ll clarify , I’m not saying brooks is good , I’m just one of the people who sees how there’s next to no replacements in the nrl at the moment , who could replace him . Maybe Hastings, because he kicks it better . Too bad he can’t tackle , which is literally what our main issue is . Guys who can’t tackle !
It’s funny reading these threads , guys think punting brooks is the magic bullet . It could be . Maybe I’m wrong , god I hope so , but rarely if ever , has punting a first grade half for a , let’s face it , reserve grade half , ever worked . Sorry clarify , who isn’t a prodigious talent like a benji , Thurston type .

Still waiting for somebody to show me a great halfback who played behind a beaten forward pack.

@strongee said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501590) said:

He’s the great white hope because he can kick in behind . Until everyone realised that we will end up like the bulldogs attack . Control possession for 20 minutes , come away with a field goal . Not bagging him , he will be good with a dynamic 6 , but the great white hope he is not . And expectations should reflect that . But they don’t , because he’s anyone but brooks lol

He’s yet to make a line break, bust a tackle , put anyone through a hole, basically doesn’t threaten. Reserve grade footballer IMO.

@bagnf05 said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501623) said:

He’s yet to make a line break, bust a tackle , put anyone through a hole, basically doesn’t threaten. Reserve grade footballer IMO.

Sounds like you are describing Brooks last game.

To be fair to Madden at least he knows he will be given 7 years and two contract upgrades before he needs to show he is an NRL level half back.

@cktiger said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501629) said:

Sounds like you are describing Brooks last game.

Incredible how his performance cost us that one 38-0 against the spooners. Everyone else had great games.

For all that have been banging on and whinging about Brooks for what seems to be forever.
If we let him go now we will regret it …… that will be the case on number of fronts.
Our forwards are the cats that have let us down over and over again. End of story.

Lets just give Brooks another year, he deserves it such a dominant half who controls the game so well. Jesus some people are blind. Hastings and Madden would go okay, at least they would have a dig, people forget that Laurie is another option at six, Peachy is an option at six and one not to be laughed at, his short kicking game close to the line is far superior to Brooks. But lets just keep Brooks, what a joke.

@terry-t-nuts said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501691) said:
Lets just give Brooks another year, he deserves it such a dominant half who controls the game so well. Jesus some people are blind. Hastings and Madden would go okay, at least they would have a dig, people forget that Laurie is another option at six, Peachy is an option at six and one not to be laughed at, his short kicking game close to the line is far superior to Brooks. But lets just keep Brooks, what a joke.

Why do you assume they would have any more of a dig than Brooks? Particularly Madden whose played 3 games.

@terry-t-nuts said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501691) said:

Yep. Our forwards will grow an arm and a leg with Jock taking the lead. Look out Bellamy.

Brooks is clueless and appears to just be going through the motions. His performances , in particular in the last half of the year were pathetic. Everyone blames the forwards, surely a veteran of over 8 seasons in the NRL would be able to guide a young pack around, but no he looks like a possum in the headlights. Madden just has to be solid at six, personally I would have Peachy and Laurie over him first until AD returns.

Peachy is only an option if you have injuries. You don’t want to planning with him as your first choice 5/8

He would be a solid fill in just for the time being, he has creativity, solid defense and a solid kicking game.

@terry-t-nuts said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501702) said:
He would be a solid fill in just for the time being, he has creativity, solid defense and a solid kicking game.

There are more important holes for him to plug.

@terry-t-nuts said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501700) said:
Brooks is clueless and appears to just be going through the motions. His performances , in particular in the last half of the year were pathetic. Everyone blames the forwards, surely a veteran of over 8 seasons in the NRL would be able to guide a young pack around, but no he looks like a possum in the headlights. Madden just has to be solid at six, personally I would have Peachy and Laurie over him first until AD returns.

Half backs now guide forwards? I think you have it backwards my friend.

Brooks did such a magnificent job leading our forwards this year, Jesus wept. Imagine being a young prop and you see Brooks next to you, looking like a stunned mullet. I loved his inspirational chats behind the goal posts.

@terry-t-nuts said in [Luke Brooks Yes Or No](/post/1501706) said:
Brooks did such a magnificent job leading our forwards this year, Jesus wept. Imagine being a young prop and you see Brooks next to you, looking like a stunned mullet. I loved his inspirational chats behind the goal posts.

How is it the halfbacks job to guide the forwards?

Back