Marathon Stadium Forum

Sabre

It's always good reading the oppositions forums after a win.

http://www.marathonstadium.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8086
is the game thread…..
\
\
seems like its the refs fault......
\
\
\
one quote on there i found hilarious

**** I hate Tigers fans, ****ing mountain bogans. Caused a massive scene after the game actually.

Mountain Bogans hey? this bloke has got good geography :laughing: :confused:

I thought we complained a bit….

loved this line on page 12 "You all have to remember that the tigers were next to full strength without any players out with rep duties."

yeah next to full strength, if you leave out Galloway, Moltzen, Tuiaki, Ayshford and Cayless, yeah if you leave out all them, then we were next to full strength :unamused:

It's the same in here after a loss. To be fair we did okay out of the officials tonight although the change of mind on the scrum in the first half made me angry. The Benji "crusher" tackle was a good example - there was nothing in that.

At the end of the day though their team went pretty ordinary last night. And on the subject of fans I'll just tell this anecdote. I went up to Newcastle on the last day of the 1997 ARL season. Balmain needed to win to make the finals, Newcastle were already in the top 4 from memory. Anyway not surprisingly we tried hard but got crunched. After the game the ground announcer asked the crowd to give a cheer to Balmain for having a good season and noted that this was their final game for the year. I kid you not, a lot of them booed. I've never forgotten that.

Lol, probably the same fat arse bogan who I saw last year at Campbelltown, when the we hosted Newcastle.

There are a lot worse fans out there than us or the novacastrians….

Try living in a city like brissy where whenever i wear my tigers jersey's around they give it to me... (usually jokingly)

You have to watch those old ladies on the hill - you might cop a knitting needle to the eye. Vicious!

they love their team.
so do we.
it was fun listening to the bloke who was sitting behind me, give it to the ref all game, scream until his voice went hoarse. when Benji scored he shut up and left.

@Brisbane Tiger said:

I disagree. WT fans are one of the worst bunch of supporters in the NRL on several aspects.
I don't say they are one of the best simply because they support the team i support. That would just be biased.

@tigergirlz said:
What do you expect from coal miners?

as a tiger supporter and coal miner who lives in newcastle it might actually be remembered that nearly all coal miners now live in the hunter valley which is just as far from newcastle as sydney is

@crouching_tiger said:
@Brisbane Tiger said:

I disagree. **WT fans are one of the worst bunch of supporters in the NRL on several aspects.**

Sheens seems to share your opinion….

Hmmm....disturbing...

@BRET said:
You have to watch those old ladies on the hill - you might cop a knitting needle to the eye. Vicious!

They were sitting infront of us on The Matty Johns Show around a month ago.

@Brisbane Tiger said:
Try living in a city like brissy where whenever i wear my tigers jersey's around they give it to me… (usually jokingly)

As soon as I got off the train (from Brisbane airport) at Roma St station the krazy QLDers were giving it to me. Although I was wearing a NSW Origin jersey. :laughing:

Some of them didn't like it when I covered the Wally Lewis statue with Wests Tigers gear either. SOme were giving me death looks. :laughing:

@citizen cub said:
Lol, probably the same fat arse bogan who I saw last year at Campbelltown, when the we hosted Newcastle.

I bet he was the security guard from Krispy Kreme….. :laughing:

Latest posts

Members online

Back