Matt Groat - Bring him back

Irvine

Time to bring the big guy back for the sharks. He was a regular first grader before being injured.
I can't understand why he didn't play this week…but then I can't understand why Blair is there every week.

He is probably not match fit.

He was a liability in Defence before he was injured. Too slow and not mobile. How do you think he would go after injury?

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Play him off the bench like Sheens SHOULD HAVE DONE last season and give him time to settle

Lots of reports had him looking leaner and trimmer this season before the injury issues Another fortnight in NSW Cup to get his timing back and then bring him back

We will need him fit and ready to go if Woods is selected for SOO

By the sounds of the commertry this arvo he went ok

what number did he play today? went and saw the game but I was mostly looking at Big T and Brooks

@pHyR3 said:
what number did he play today? went and saw the game but I was mostly looking at Big T and Brooks

He was playing 10\. He looked good, defensively we looked a lot more solid when he was on the field. Brooks looked good, laid on a lovely ball for our first try. Milky was quiet 1st half but did more in the 2nd, set up Big T for his Try.

Ahh okay, yeah i remember 10\. He played solidly. The defense of that team…..woah. Our NRL team could learn a thing or two! Missed brooksies first try unfortunately, came late and left a little early.

Saw Mick Potter pull up in his car though when i was going in and entered the ground with him which was cool. Could barely believe my eyes, wasnt expecting to see him at all. Also saw Sam Burgess and one of his brothers.

No point bring him back he is not going to be any better than the boys in the current playing group.
He is only young but i never saw the xfactor in him that you could see in Dwyer or in Woods.

I hope im a 100% wrong when he makes his come back.
George Rose and Adam Cuthbertson were 2 slow big boys but when they got leaner they became different players all together. Hope Groat follows..

Didnt notice passi much to be honest spudoakes, doubt he got an more than 40min in my opinion. but i was mostly examining Taqele and Brooks so that could be a bit off. Definitely noticed the number 12 with good defense and the two props, 8 and 10, were good in metres

Generally defense was rock solid we held em out from our goal line a LOT. One of their tries was from some idiot trying to offload with 3 defenders on him 10 out from our try line and he knocked it on.

@Irvine said:
Time to bring the big guy back for the sharks. He was a regular first grader before being injured.
I can't understand why he didn't play this week…but then I can't understand why Blair is there every week.

Agree we need big guys in the middle not the midgets we have there now. What did Ava do wrong ?
Too many small guys in our pack and Thompson back in as well.

Passi didn't play. I would guess he will get a gig in the Wednesday night game.

Groat played in excess of 60 minutes game time today and was great. He and Ava were up agains really good opposition and drove the team straight up the guts and got them rolling. No backward step was taken

@smeghead said:

Groat played in excess of 60 minutes game time today and was great. He and Ava were up agains really good opposition and drove the team straight up the guts and got them rolling. No backward step was taken

Smeg was that in two or three stints for Groat ?? If it was two stints he might be ready for a call up to the bench

Great result! I watched Mounties vs Norths last week and they both had really big strong packs. To hold our own and win with all the player disruptions is very impressive.

Two. Played the first 32 or so straight and was still a rock in defence and even sprinted off after his last hitup for the interchange.

Really impressive

@happy tiger said:
@smeghead said:

Smeg was that in two or three stints for Groat ?? If it was two stints he might be ready for a call up to the bench

Groat is a real prop not a second rower masquerading as a prop. Give him a run this week as a reserve in FG. Utai, now being contemplated as a reserve to take on work normally taken on a prop shows just how bare Wests Tigers are in the prop department.

Members online

Back