Matty Johns Show

I hated Tallis as a player, I don't really like much of what he says in the media, and I also believe that he was put in a position of defending his integrity (like he said) when pressed by Ayoub, that he had no option but to say what he did. I can't not believe that he is being totally upfront. As for Robbie Farah, love him as a player, totally love the way he plays and appreciate all he's done for the club for a long time. However, he seems to be constantly denying, ducking and weaving when asked pertinent questions. He's been caught out flat out telling untruths by way of Ayoubs confirmation on live radio. My opinion of him has taken a massive hit. I'd rather he be elsewhere atm. I think Id rather lose without him than win with him.

Matt Johns is the biggest band-wagoner there is in the media IMO. He gushes over the teams that have strung more than 2 or 3 wins together and declares them the next sure thing for the premiership. It is obvious he comes out with outlandish crap to try and make his own fame, having lived in the shadow of Joey most his life-much the same way a child will soil itself to grab a little piece of parental attention. At the end of the day all he will ever be known for is being Reg Reagan and also cheating on his missus. Gordie's greatest claim to fame is throwing a 70kg fullback over the sideline in Origin and belting Ben Ross and Terry O'Connor when they weren't expecting it.

I think Robbie really isn't happy with potter as coach because to clear it all up all he has to do is say that HE is happy with potter and wants him to coach as long as possible, he's a great guy
etc etc. It's not hard to make it clear that you really do like a person, but Robbie isn't really doing that he's just giving vague safe I guess opinions

How does anyone find Hindmarsh and Fletcher funny? I realize different strokes for different folks, but if you're amused by them then you seriously have a terrible sense of humor.

@GNR4LIFE said:
How does anyone find Hindmarsh and Fletcher funny? I realize different strokes for different folks, but if you're amused by them then you seriously have a terrible sense of humor.

Watching them nearly brought on a stroke for me.

A (very) poor man's Roy & HG.

Whats with Fletcher? Did he model himself on having the same delivery as Steady Eddy or is he just naturally like that?

Matty is just out to make a name for himself. I like Andrew, he is more sincere.Flether and Hinhmarsh are not that funny. AS players I have more time for them. As forTallis, he has shown himself to be a bully, although a good player, the way he threw the little full back, he should have been ashamed of himself.As for Farah, he should know people changed opinion from time to time. If he supported Potter, he should come out and just say so. By not confirming, he is not doing himself any justice. Potter has shown that he has dignity uner very difficult circumstances. I take my hat off to him by putting up with all these rubbish at the West Tigers. Potter has not been given a fair go as a coach. If Payen is playing politics, he should be removed.

Tallis himself has down-played that tackle on Hodgo. He said it was no big deal given their comparative sizes and the luck of grabbing his collar.

@Snowy said:
Watched the Monday night after the game fizz for the first time this year…. Never again :frowning: what garbage!

Garbage = what happens when you put brian fletcher, nathan hindmarsh, matthew johns and gordon tallis in a studio and tell them to discuss footy.

All 4 are pathetic football analysts and are more inclined to crack a joke rather than make rational predictions and judgements. The only person on the show who has any credibility and footy smarts is Lara Pitt who is light years ahead of anyone else on that panel.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Tallis holds no credibility at all after making public a comment which someone in trust put to him 15 months ago. Situations do and quite likely did change after such a long period but he betrayed trust for the sake of making a big name for himself. Matty Johns is in the same category. They are both traitors for the sake of earning big money for their TV work.

@wd in perth said:
Tallis himself has down-played that tackle on Hodgo. He said it was no big deal given their comparative sizes and the luck of grabbing his collar.

I cringed as it occurred and every time that I see a replay of that ridiculous tackle of sorts. A penalty at any level of the game.

I think the most annoying thing is they seem to be aligned with the DT

How can anyone that is aligned with the DT garner a minuscule of respect ??

@madunit said:
he said Potter has the support of the players.

he said 2 weeks ago, before Tallis started this s***, that there was no discontent amongst players, and Potter echoed those sentiments.

How many times does Robbie have to say something for everyone to believe its true?

Or is he supposed to be considered a liar everytime he opens his mouth. That's hardly fair.

If he came out and said "I support Potter" you'll probably say "He's just saying that to cover his arse"

Farah can't win, no matter how honest and how good his actions and intentions are, it seems even fans of his club are adamant he's a liar.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I'll gladly come in here and admit I got it wrong if its revealed that Farah is strongly linked to Potter getting thearse (if that happens).

But until then, I will defend him.

I think most agree with you MU , I just think if he said something at the presso after the Bulldogs game it would of killed a lot of speculation off

It was perfect timing after a great result and would of helped set us up for the Saints game

That is the most heart breaking thing in all of this , win the Saints game and I'd have backed us to make the 8

Everyone involved in this at same stage has handled it badly , we needed someone in leadership to own the problem and smash this issue out of the park at least two weeks ago

That's why these things don't happen at other quality clubs and if it does they just get on with it (Manly ,for example )

@happy tiger said:
@madunit said:

he said 2 weeks ago, before Tallis started this s***, that there was no discontent amongst players, and Potter echoed those sentiments.

How many times does Robbie have to say something for everyone to believe its true?

Or is he supposed to be considered a liar everytime he opens his mouth. That's hardly fair.

If he came out and said "I support Potter" you'll probably say "He's just saying that to cover his arse"

Farah can't win, no matter how honest and how good his actions and intentions are, it seems even fans of his club are adamant he's a liar.

I'll gladly come in here and admit I got it wrong if its revealed that Farah is strongly linked to Potter getting thearse (if that happens).

I think most agree with you MU , I just think if he said something at the presso after the Bulldogs game it would of killed a lot of speculation off

It was perfect timing after a great result and would of helped set us up for the Saints game

That is the most heart breaking thing in all of this , win the Saints game and I'd have backed us to make the 8

Everyone involved in this at same stage has handled it badly , we needed someone in leadership to own the problem and smash this issue out of the park at least two weeks ago

That's why these things don't happen at other quality clubs and if it does they just get on with it (Manly ,for example )

How many times must he say the same thing though.

Near 2 weeks ago Farah told the SMH in an interview that there was no unrest amongst the players towards Potter and Potter reiterated that.

Why must Farah have to constantly repeat himself?

Why don't people believe him on one hand, yet on the other suggest that if he had've said what he's already said, this would've blown over?

It's a situation Farah can't win and I can completely understand why he may be feeling like a scapegoat.

@madunit said:
@happy tiger said:
@madunit said:

How many times must he say the same thing though.

Near 2 weeks ago Farah told the SMH in an interview that there was no unrest amongst the players towards Potter and Potter reiterated that.

Why must Farah have to constantly repeat himself?

Why don't people believe him on one hand, yet on the other suggest that if he had've said what he's already said, this would've blown over?

It's a situation Farah can't win and I can completely understand why he may be feeling like a scapegoat.

It all would of been about timing MU

We'd just beaten a premiership favourite with an emphatic statement , we'd played with passion and all it would of taken was Robbie to get on the front foot and stick it to the press right their and then

Just my opinion on it

If we had aggressively attacked the rumours right then and there it would of shut a few people up , even at least for a little while

I'm sick of this club being too nice , lets get down and dirty and put a few people in their place

If they don't like it who gives a sh&t

Do a Darius to all the DT reporters , if they don't like go have a cry

If I hear Matt Johns once more say that Tallis saved Potters job I am going to jump in front of a bus!

Supporter pressure and the media saved Potters job, all Tallis did was tarnish a Tigers legend.

B

@Tigersmurf said:
If I hear Matt Johns once more say that Tallis saved Potters job I am going to jump in front of a bus!

Supporter pressure and the media saved Potters job, all Tallis did was tarnish a Tigers legend.

B

Its about time there was more anger directed on this forum at Tallis instead of our captain. Tallis says he was backed into a corner - what a load of crap - does he forget that his big mouth started the whole drama, It was only when Robbie retaliated that he started to crow about protecting his reputation. He shouldn't have bothered. He deliberately inferred that Robbie was behind the push to oust Potter without any evidence apart from a comment made in a private conversation made over a year ago. In doing so he completely destroyed any chance we had in winning a crucial game, and invited the rest of his media mates to attack our club and send fans into a frenzy, All coaches are rated on their performances and if a board of a club feels there is a better option they take it - by the carry on you would think the West Tigers were the only club to sack a coach yet two have already been sacked this year by other clubs, and we read each week which others heads are on the chopping block. Did Anthony Griffin deserve to be sacked- I don't think so. Some strength from the board to stand by their decision whether it was to re-sign Potter or sack him instead of trying to keep the media and fans all happy was the worst possible outcome for everyone.

Seriously, all Tallis and Matt Johns have besides their football playing ability are big mouths and numb skulls. How can anyone take them seriously?

Latest posts

Members online

Back