Mitch Moses Denied Release - Confirmed

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I doubt that anyone here hates the team. Criticism of Woods and Moses is justified though. Their actions (or lack of action) creates instability. They know that and yet they do nothing to change it. Letting it drag on for so long shows a complete lack of respect for not only the team but also the fans. That's where the so called hate comes from.

So Sean Johnson, Gareth Widdop doing the same at their clubs? They are all negotiating within the system the NRL allows. If you are concerned about the instabilty this creates attack the system not the players who are caught up in it.

No problem with players negotiating for their futures at all. That is life.
Just don't make a game out of it in the media and bald-faced lie to the supporters of your club who invest a lot of emotion, passion etc into the club and individuals within the club. IMO anyway, that isn't the right way to go about it. If Woods is to be believed then he only heard about JT's sacking via twitter, only heard about the Bulldogs tabling him an offer when he was watching TV whilst eating his dinner one night and hasn't spoken to his manager AT ALL in regards to his contract negotiations and the details of specific offers from rival clubs. They are all quotes he has dumped on NRL 360 over the last few weeks.
If anybody believes a word he says then they have a pumpkin for a head.
That is the reason behind much of the dislike thrown Woods' way and rightly so. The captain of our club treating us all like morons.
Probably best if he leaves, the damage done is probably irreperable and the supporters will turn on him in an instant if he stays and starts to suffer a drop in form.

But that is the whole problem FTB the player's dont want to talk about contract negotiations because its not something that should be public knowledge until the deal is done one way or another. The fact that this is played out during the season is the reason speculation is rife and thats a problem with the system.
Do you honestly think that Woods chooses this to play out in the media.? His role at NRL 360 makes him a sitting duck he looks totally uncomfortable everytime it is brought up and it shows in his responses.
I dont think he is handling it particularly well either but I dont think it defines him as person. He is 25 - he still has a heap of lessons to learn and to date he hasnt done too badly.

@ said:
@ said:
We talk specifically about 'Uncle Benny' but I think you'll find that the Moses and moreso the Elias family are filled with highly successful, financially-minded people. Good people, importantly. There is an expectation (and I suppose with that, naturally, a pressure) to be successful and that can lead people to chase money more than they should. Do some reading about the families and you'll see what I mean. By all this I mean to say: we shouldn't be surprised he's chased the safest, biggest offer put to him.

I don't buy this at all. I also don't think they come across as good people. Good people don't act the way Benny and Mitchell have acted.

My take is that they aren't very smart and yet they want to be seen to be successful.

I'm not surprised the way Mitchell has acted. It shows his character and the fact that being humble, gracious and classy isn't in his character and this probably reflects his family values.

You don't have to buy it. There are certainly people in both families who may lack the class, grace and humility you desire Earl but don't sink everyone associated with the name because of it. Having known both families there are some sophisticated, smart, kind hearted in there too. Why people feel a need to attack a family is beyond me and isn't exactly the most gracious act I can think of.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I doubt that anyone here hates the team. Criticism of Woods and Moses is justified though. Their actions (or lack of action) creates instability. They know that and yet they do nothing to change it. Letting it drag on for so long shows a complete lack of respect for not only the team but also the fans. That's where the so called hate comes from.

So Sean Johnson, Gareth Widdop doing the same at their clubs? They are all negotiating within the system the NRL allows. If you are concerned about the instabilty this creates attack the system not the players who are caught up in it.

No problem with players negotiating for their futures at all. That is life.
Just don't make a game out of it in the media and bald-faced lie to the supporters of your club who invest a lot of emotion, passion etc into the club and individuals within the club. IMO anyway, that isn't the right way to go about it. If Woods is to be believed then he only heard about JT's sacking via twitter, only heard about the Bulldogs tabling him an offer when he was watching TV whilst eating his dinner one night and hasn't spoken to his manager AT ALL in regards to his contract negotiations and the details of specific offers from rival clubs. They are all quotes he has dumped on NRL 360 over the last few weeks.
If anybody believes a word he says then they have a pumpkin for a head.
That is the reason behind much of the dislike thrown Woods' way and rightly so. The captain of our club treating us all like morons.
Probably best if he leaves, the damage done is probably irreperable and the supporters will turn on him in an instant if he stays and starts to suffer a drop in form.

But that is the whole problem FTB the player's dont want to talk about contract negotiations because its not something that should be public knowledge until the deal is done one way or another. The fact that this is played out during the season is the reason speculation is rife and thats a problem with the system.
Do you honestly think that Woods chooses this to play out in the media.? His role at NRL 360 makes him a sitting duck he looks totally uncomfortable everytime it is brought up and it shows in his responses.
I dont think he is handling it particularly well either but I dont think it defines him as person. He is 25 - he still has a heap of lessons to learn and to date he hasnt done too badly.

If Woods wanted to just knock the conversation on the head quickly and effectively just say "Its in the hands of my manager and until a decision is made I won't be commenting on it". Say that once or perhaps twice and the questioning stops dead there. That is what a majority of players do- that is why their contract negotiations are not front page news every single day. Woods coming out with responses such as the ones I mentioned in my last post just creates massive innuendo, gossip and above all massive unrest between the most important commodity of our club:the supporter base. Don't treat us like idiots Woods with your lame, embarrassing lies. Not too much to ask that is for sure. Especially from a club captain.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
We talk specifically about 'Uncle Benny' but I think you'll find that the Moses and moreso the Elias family are filled with highly successful, financially-minded people. Good people, importantly. There is an expectation (and I suppose with that, naturally, a pressure) to be successful and that can lead people to chase money more than they should. Do some reading about the families and you'll see what I mean. By all this I mean to say: we shouldn't be surprised he's chased the safest, biggest offer put to him.

I don't buy this at all. I also don't think they come across as good people. Good people don't act the way Benny and Mitchell have acted.

My take is that they aren't very smart and yet they want to be seen to be successful.

I'm not surprised the way Mitchell has acted. It shows his character and the fact that being humble, gracious and classy isn't in his character and this probably reflects his family values.

You don't have to buy it. There are certainly people in both families who may lack the class, grace and humility you desire Earl but don't sink everyone associated with the name because of it. Having known both families there are some sophisticated, smart, kind hearted in there too. Why people feel a need to attack a family is beyond me and isn't exactly the most gracious act I can think of.

I Admit Havent Read The Enite Thread Buy I Dont See Anyone Attacking The Family

@ said:
The way he handed Parra that game today he's shown he's just a grub

Who gave him the right not to take the 2 ?

Where was captain care bear ?

Moses was ordinary as usual. It makes you wonder what they practise at training. Naiqama is not even a reserve grader at present,

I don't think he deliberately cost us, it's just another standard performance from him. Too concerned with going for the hero play instead of playing the percentages. What annoyed me the most was him putting in a nothing kick on the 3rd tackle and they scored from the ensuring set. We need an old head in the halves. One who isn't concerned with trying to be a star. Between Marshall and Moses, I've forgotten what that's like.

@ said:
I don't think he deliberately cost us, it's just another standard performance from him. Too concerned with going for the hero play instead of playing the percentages. What annoyed me the most was him putting in a nothing kick on the 3rd tackle and they scored from the ensuring set. We need an old head in the halves. One who isn't concerned with trying to be a star. Between Marshall and Moses, I've forgotten what that's like.

Im with you on that. Moses hasn't changed the way he plays in the last 2 weeks it is just the way he is, rocks or diamonds. More often than not it's rocks.

I don't see the point in letting him leave now. If we are any chance of challenging the top 8 he needs to be here.

Happy we didn't up his offer, $850k for Moses is absurd, there are a number of better value options on the market for next year.

I wouldn't be releasing him unless we get someone worthwhile in return. If we can't do a swap then he stays here.

@ said:
@ said:

Im with you on that. Moses hasn't changed the way he plays in the last 2 weeks it is just the way he is, rocks or diamonds. More often than not it's rocks.

I don't see the point in letting him leave now. If we are any chance of challenging the top 8 he needs to be here.

Happy we didn't up his offer, $850k for Moses is absurd, there are a number of better value options on the market for next year.

Challenging the top 8?

"Tell him he's dreaming, son"

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I Admit Havent Read The Enite Thread Buy I Dont See Anyone Attacking The Family

I'm not about to go back through all of this to find the two
posts where people took it there. Take my word Ink, I wouldn't waste my time to post all of this unless it was worth it.

Latest posts

Back