New captain

HabboTiger

Given that our current captain is not really working out for us, who would you pick for captain.

Why I believe he isn't working out.
- zero passion displayed
- unwilling to put a rocket up the team
- does not display any leadership
- uninspiring talk when in press conferences
- trundles along without much impact

So who would be a better option?

Jesus, you cant just chop and change stuff and drop captain and appoint a new one ..
That just creates more turmoil and highlights how much worse things are

Fire the coach, change the captain,

Sounds to be each time we have a headache we have to chop our head off.

Once we have a new coach and start to win games we all will get out of this negativity - Including me

Woods is not a good captain. However he was just about the only choice at the time. Not really his fault. His personality just does not suit the role one bit. There is no way the Blues will give the captaincy. They will go for a Corder type instead despite not being a club captain.

ET is probably the best pick. I can't think of any other others then maybe Teddy.

If Woods leaves he would surely have to resign from the captaincy on the spot.

ET. And given his close relationship with Cleary, don't be surprised if that's who Cleary appoints. I'm of the opinion Woods needs to be stripped of it, whether he leaves or not. He's a weak hearted leader. An absolute joke.

I think with the changing of the coach it would also make sense for the new coach to appoint his own man. ET is the only stand out for me, nobody else to really consider at this point.

On field captain can't be that hard!! Surely?? Just pump up the team, I'm sure we all yell at the tv and could pump up the boys if we were out there.

ET. Timing is everything do it at the end of the season.

A captain, should be leading by example.Imo If the chips are down and your club needs some stability you should sign on and commit, a captain should want to bleed for the club and show passion. He is not cut out as captain of our team.

@ said:
ET. Timing is everything do it at the end of the season.

Probably the best way to go, it gives Cleary some time to let him know what he expects from a Captain, then ,if he doesn't respond to that, well change then.

I would have Woods as club captain.. team captain mmmm no one stands out as a true captain now that's sad

Give Mitch a go. Last year he was directing them over the field. It may make him more responsible for what he does as well. I don't about now but before he was passionate about the game.

They are all down in confidence as are we, things can turn quickly but not until someone is put in charge.

It's hard being a leader of men, especially when you are losing and there is no coach to give you direction. How many times can one yell or calm or guide if the team is not playing for something.

"Our team are not playing for one an another" many have said and I agree they are not so why would they play for just one person the "captain" if the are not playing for the other 16.

Woods is leading from the front. How many others in the pack put out those numbers tonight.

Funny that a we signed a guy mid last year who couldn't get back into FG, is no world beater but just solid and consistent and he would already prob be the first choice captain if we had our way.
I probably agree.
What a rudderless team we are.

Back