New coach by weekend????

@innsaneink said:
@littletiger said:
Man I watched classic match on fox st George v Penrith semi when brown coaching.. boy st George sucked big time especially with their roster. Hope brown has improved since then. Team were playing as individuals.

You mean you watched a game where he got them to the semis?

The semi finals you mean?

That must of been one of the four seasons he got them to the semi finals during his six years there.

Imagine that…semi finals

Yes all those semis where they earned the title of St Choke! :laughing: But yes, actually getting to the semis would be novel for us I guess.

Still hoping they choose Griffin though, I've never really rated Brown as a coach for some reason.

@Flippedy said:
@innsaneink said:
@littletiger said:
Man I watched classic match on fox st George v Penrith semi when brown coaching.. boy st George sucked big time especially with their roster. Hope brown has improved since then. Team were playing as individuals.

That must of been one of the four seasons he got them to the semi finals during his six years there.

Imagine that…semi finals

Yes all those semis where they earned the title of St Choke! :laughing: But yes, actually getting to the semis would be novel for us I guess.

Still hoping they choose Griffin though, I've never really rated Brown as a coach for some reason.

I thought it was St- merger from choke town !
I too would prefer Griffin to brown . The only recall I have of Brown as coach is when he gave Barrett a slap !
Not very professional IMO .

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

The players they had St George should of won a GF.

Anyway, one good thing about Brown is it looks like he doesn't take any crap of players even back then. So Farah would have to be careful. Just ask Barrett :slight_smile:
\

@Flippedy said:
@innsaneink said:
@littletiger said:

Imagine that…semi finals

@Flippedy said:
@innsaneink said:
@littletiger said:

Imagine that…semi finals

Yes all those semis where they earned the title of St Choke! :laughing: Still, actually getting to the semis would be novel for us I guess.

Was Brown the Dragons coach when Wests Tigers beat them in 2005 semi-final? Not keen at all on Brown as a coach. He seemed to be too easy going and ill disciplined with his players when he coached n Sydney and I really believe that he is a clone/replica of Mick Potter as coach. Their coaching styles and histories are very similar. No wonder Brown was Potter's recommendation to replace him as coach.

Why get rid of Potter to go back to a similar coach like Brown? I think our board would doing a complete disservice to the club and its supporters if they chose Brown ahead of Griffen,

]

@Newtown said:
@Flippedy said:
@innsaneink said:
@littletiger said:

Imagine that…semi finals

Yes all those semis where they earned the title of St Choke! :laughing: Still, actually getting to the semis would be novel for us I guess.

**Was Brown the Dragons coach when Wests Tigers beat them in 2005 semi-final?** Not keen at all on Brown as a coach. He seemed to be too easy going and ill disciplined with his players when he coached n Sydney and I really believe that he is a clone/replica of Mick Potter as coach. Their coaching styles and histories are very similar. No wonder Brown was Potter's recommendation to replace him as coach.

Why get rid of Potter to go back to a similar coach like Brown? I think our board would doing a complete disservice to the club and its supporters if they chose Brown ahead of Griffen,

][/quote

Yes he was.

There seems to be a bit of urgency about this appointment now.. was not going to be until end October ,one thinks that shipping containers and schools have to be put in place.

@Snake said:
There seems to be a bit of urgency about this appointment now.. was not going to be until end October ,one thinks that shipping containers and schools have to be put in place.

From Brisbane you mean? It's not that far.

@Flippedy,I know for some reason you don't rate Brown,however as I said in an earlier post he did coach at NRL at an early age,although he has critics he has had a lot more experience coaching ESL and the prior mistakes he made in the early years as coach he would definitely learn from..he now knows the expectations required at NRL level,his approach would be entirely different this time around than in the early years..

Griffin would be my choice but Brown could be the surprise packet as coach….best of luck to whoever is in the running,I will wait and see wether I critise the new board for a bad decision ...

I hope Flip you can see I have only given an opinion and no critism is intended... :sign:

i really hope griffin gets the job; i think he has done pretty well at the broncos with a not so great squad and if the broncos werent obsessed with bennett he would surely still have his job there.
i have the same impression a lot of others seem to with brown. he just doesnt seem like the type of guy the club needs (ie; an ego manager as well) but then i also think potter was good in this sense but just didnt have any support from the management in these matters.

Whoever the new coach is, i hope he brings- Energy- Enthusiasm- Pride- Self belief and a Winning culture with him. And dare i say it? A Grand Final! ( in time)

@TrueTiger said:
@Flippedy,I know for some reason you don't rate Brown,however as I said in an earlier post he did coach at NRL at an early age,although he has critics he has had a lot more experience coaching ESL and the prior mistakes he made in the early years as coach he would definitely learn from..he now knows the expectations required at NRL level,his approach would be entirely different this time around than in the early years..

Griffin would be my choice but Brown could be the surprise packet as coach….best of luck to whoever is in the running,I will wait and see wether I critise the new board for a bad decision ...

I hope Flip you can see I have only given an opinion and no critism is intended... :sign:

No problem TT, everyone is entitled to an opinion and I'm the first to admit that I really know squat about coaching or even playing the game for that matter.

You're right, Brown was very young when he began coaching and he now has many more years of experience under his belt. So, who knows he may have matured into a competent coach and turn out to be just what we need. Or he may not have changed much at all and turn out to be just another average coach. He's a gamble, but then again, they all are I guess.

I just want a coach who can take this club to a new level - a man who is strong, respected, can make tough decisions and who is able to foster a great rapport with the players, yet still remain separate from them. From what I've seen during his time at the Broncos, Griffin would fit this description better than any of the other candidates we have in mind - but that's just my uneducated opinion :mrgreen:

My Coach preference is:

1) Griffin - He seems to be strict yet the players respect and want to play for him
2) Taylor - A good football brain and would've leant from his early coaching career mistakes.
3) Brown - Just cause he was good in ESL doesn't mean he'll be a success in the NRL!. I dont rate him at all.
4) Kidwell and Payten - time to move on.
5) Parish - Failed at every club he coached or was an assistant - enough said

Tottie had inside info it was Parish as coach for next year. Any more news Toots.

@hybrid_tiger said:
Don't know why so many people seem to want Griffin.

I'm curious as well?

He looks like a professional but hasn't translated to first grade results.

I have seen in a few threads that people are saying Nathan brown won't cut it because he is coming from the ESL.

That didn't really have a big impact on maguire or Robinson though? Both are playing off for a GF birth this weekend.

Should be interesting to see who gets picked. Out of all applicants, I believe brown has the most top level experience.

@phil1986 said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
Don't know why so many people seem to want Griffin.

I'm curious as well?

He looks like a professional but hasn't translated to first grade results.

I have seen in a few threads that people are saying Nathan brown won't cut it because he is coming from the ESL.

That didn't really have a big impact on maguire or Robinson though? Both are playing off for a GF birth this weekend.

Should be interesting to see who gets picked. Out of all applicants, I believe brown has the most top level experience.

To me he just screams average. It would be a very unexciting appointment.

To be fair, I don't believe any of the candidates are up to the job. The fact is that all the potentially good coaches are currently unavailable. Every name mentioned has some big negatives.

No disrespect to Brown but if the new board choose him then they are just as silly as the old board. There is not a lot of difference between Brown and Potter in coaching credentials. Both young and inexperienced coaches.

Has to be Griffin for mine unless it comes down to a money issue and we can not afford him. He is the only guy with current runs on the board in getting an NRL team to the semi's. He might also attract a few baby Bronco's…

@domster said:
No disrespect to Brown but if the new board choose him then they are just as silly as the old board. **There is not a lot of difference between Brown and Potter in coaching credentials. Both young and inexperienced coaches.**

Has to be Griffin for mine unless it comes down to a money issue and we can not afford him. **He is the only guy with current runs on the board in getting an NRL team to the semi's.** He might also attract a few baby Bronco's…

I really don't understand this line of thinking. Brown is by far the most experienced coach in the list. He's been coaching **first grade** for 12 seasons now and, like previous posters have said, he has a 66% rate of making the finals coaching in NRL.

Latest posts

Members online

Back