New coach by weekend????

@domster said:
No disrespect to Brown but if the new board choose him then they are just as silly as the old board. There is not a lot of difference between Brown and Potter in coaching credentials. Both young and inexperienced coaches.

Has to be Griffin for mine unless it comes down to a money issue and we can not afford him. He is the only guy with current runs on the board in getting an NRL team to the semi's. He might also attract a few baby Bronco's…

Brown got teams to the Semis. And Brown and Potter have more Head Coach experience than Griffin.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

@phil1986 said:
@hybrid_tiger said:
Don't know why so many people seem to want Griffin.

\
\
I have seen in a few threads that people are saying Nathan brown won't cut it because he is coming from the ESL.

That didn't really have a big impact on maguire or Robinson though? Both are playing off for a GF birth

I'm not sure whether Brown would or wouldn't cut it, but I don't think it's right to use maguire and Robinson as comparisons as both those guys were given very strong rosters.

@Furious1 said:
@phil1986 said:
@hybrid_tiger said:

\
\
I have seen in a few threads that people are saying Nathan brown won't cut it because he is coming from the ESL.

That didn't really have a big impact on maguire or Robinson though? Both are playing off for a GF birth

I'm not sure whether Brown would or wouldn't cut it, but I don't think it's right to use maguire and Robinson as comparisons as both those guys were given very strong rosters.

They were given strong rosters, you are correct, the point was just trying to give a different opinion, that just because the ESL is not as strong week in week out. It doesn't mean that coaching success and strategies from their wont work here in australia.

They are 2 recent converts who have done extremely well. With very strong rosters I must admit.

I don't understand the love for griffin. He barely scraped into the 8\. With a team that contained at least 4 state or origin and Australian representatives. Last years form player of the comp in barba ( albeit out of form) .

I understand they have a young roster around those players, however. Why do people thinks that that means griffin may be successful at the tigers?

I'm not having a crack but I'm truly interested to know???

Taylor has coached to a GF before, has been working under the 2013 premiers coach, has potential.

Brown has good ESL form, who knows if that will translate? Has potential.

Griffin, other than good relationships with players, hasn't done much in first grade.

Please let me know why people think he is the best candidate, or is it a case of the best of whats left?

Griffin
He is coming from a very well oiled machine in the broncos , , their tuff , fit and play for him , we need that

@domster said:
No disrespect to Brown but if the new board choose him then they are just as silly as the old board. There is not a lot of difference between Brown and Potter in coaching credentials. Both young and inexperienced coaches.

Has to be Griffin for mine unless it comes down to a money issue and we can not afford him. He is the only guy with current runs on the board in getting an NRL team to the semi's. He might also attract a few baby Bronco's…

Don't know whether Griffin would have too many options to push his price up , as I think all NRLCoach positions are taken for 2015.
(I may be wrong about that).

@TiggaPlease said:
@domster said:
No disrespect to Brown but if the new board choose him then they are just as silly as the old board. **There is not a lot of difference between Brown and Potter in coaching credentials. Both young and inexperienced coaches.**

Has to be Griffin for mine unless it comes down to a money issue and we can not afford him. **He is the only guy with current runs on the board in getting an NRL team to the semi's.** He might also attract a few baby Bronco's…

I really don't understand this line of thinking. Brown is by far the most experienced coach in the list. He's been coaching **first grade** for 12 seasons now and, like previous posters have said, he has a 66% rate of making the finals coaching in NRL.

I respect your view, but It has been years since Brown coached NRL and the team he coached was the best team on paper back then not a team struggling like ours - furthermore superleague success is at a much much lower lever. My quote was "current runs on the board in getting an NRL team to the semi's".

@phil1986 said:
@Furious1 said:
@phil1986 said:
@" said:

\
\

They were given strong rosters, you are correct, the point was just trying to give a different opinion, that just because the ESL is not as strong week in week out. It doesn't mean that coaching success and strategies from their wont work here in australia.

They are 2 recent converts who have done extremely well. With very strong rosters I must admit.

I don't understand the love for griffin. He barely scraped into the 8\. With a team that contained at least 4 state or origin and Australian representatives. Last years form player of the comp in barba ( albeit out of form) .

I understand they have a young roster around those players, however. Why do people thinks that that means griffin may be successful at the tigers?

I'm not having a crack but I'm truly interested to know???

Taylor has coached to a GF before, has been working under the 2013 premiers coach, has potential.

Brown has good ESL form, who knows if that will translate? Has potential.

Griffin, other than good relationships with players, hasn't done much in first grade.

Please let me know why people think he is the best candidate, or is it a case of the best of whats left?

I couldn't tell you anything about Griffin as I agree completely. I'm just hoping if he gets it that my feeling on him is totally wrong

And further to that, I'm a little like Hybrid and underwhelmed by what is available. I just hope we get a strong GM

Theres not a lot to choose from is there !
We have to choose one I suppose …... I dont know whether the externals are any better than the internals ........ I know they wont give it to Payten/Kidwell but I dont know that any of the other candidates will do much better. Can't see the players having much respect for Taylor and Parish .......... so probably Brown and Griffen are the best of a bad bunch !

I'm hoping they call a press conference at 5 pm today , get us back in the news on a positive note , just before a big game , they will talk about it in the commentary , then again tomorrow and on Sundays footy show , we will be headline again but for a good story

@Knuckles said:
We have to choose one I suppose …... I dont know whether the externals are any better than the internals ........ I know they wont give it to Payten/Kidwell but I dont know that any of the other candidates will do much better. Can't see the players having much respect for Taylor and Parish .......... so probably Brown and Griffen are the best of a bad bunch !

I wouldn't rule out Payten or Kidwell. I hope it isn't one of them however as they were here in the thick of the rot this year.
I'm not impressed with Griffin's record in Brisbane, a team with players of that quality should do much better.
And I think Taylor and Brown are both a big unknown.

I'm not going to judge any coach until they are signed up and have been coaching us for a couple of years. These things take time and I'm happy to give any coach the benefit of that.

@Sabre said:
@Knuckles said:

I wouldn't rule out Payten or Kidwell. I hope it isn't one of them however as they were here in the thick of the rot this year.
I'm not impressed with Griffin's record in Brisbane, a team with players of that quality should do much better.
And I think Taylor and Brown are both a big unknown.

I'm not going to judge any coach until they are signed up and have been coaching us for a couple of years. These things take time and I'm happy to give any coach the benefit of that.

Yep agree. Not adverse to any of the candidates - even Payten and Kidwell. Can only measure them on results and none of us will know what they are capable of till given a go. And considering I have no idea who is the better coach out of the four, anything I think would be purely speculative.

Payten - No
Kidwell - No
Parish - No

We don't need a rookie coach now. Brown or Folkes should be the only options seriously considered. The rest just aren't what we require at this time.

@madunit said:
Payten - No
Kidwell - No
Parish - No

We don't need a rookie coach now. Brown or Folkes should be the only options seriously considered. The rest just aren't what we require at this time.

That right. A rookie coach here will have the same problems as Potter if the results aren't there. If we are to do anything with the talent that the club now has in the next few years, the Tigers will need someone with plenty of experience.

What set up is ever suitable to a rookie coach? Toovey took over a seasoned team with lots of stars not an easy thing to do as a rookie. Brad Arthur took over Parramatta - which was a complete rabble with players who were down on confidence and disillusioned. Mc Gregor made a difference immediately with St George another team that was not performing. McFayden at the Warriors got them back on track after a seasoned coach was sacked. And Ricky Stuart…. well explain that one. Who ever interviews the best, is a good communicator, has vision,a desire to succeed and is excited by the challenge - fine by me.

@Telltails said:
Who ever interviews the best, is a good communicator, has vision,a desire to succeed and is excited by the challenge - fine by me.

Yep. I'd add that the club can just move them on if it doesn't work.

Whoever is chosen, 80% of fans will say it's a stupid decision.
Thankfully I think the new boardmembers are savvy enough to completely ignore popular opinion.

They will go through a proper process that gives all applicants a fair and equitable chance to put forward their claims and then make a decision based wholly on those claims.

& then, and only then, we will we be told.

If that's how it plays out then I'm more than happy to give whoever is chosen a fair opportunity to prove themselves. Whether in my uninformed opinion it's a good decision or not.

@softlaw said:
Whoever is chosen, 80% of fans will say it's a stupid decision.
Thankfully I think the new boardmembers are savvy enough to completely ignore popular opinion.

They will go through a proper process that gives all applicants a fair and equitable chance to put forward their claims and then make a decision based wholly on those claims.

& then, and only then, we will we be told.

If that's how it plays out then I'm more than happy to give whoever is chosen a fair opportunity to prove themselves. Whether in my uninformed opinion it's a good decision or not.

If Taylor ,Brown or Griffin get picked you can understand why they have their strengths

If anyone else gets picked bar Folkes you have to ask questions why they where picked

Latest posts

Members online

Back