New coach by weekend????

My mail is Jason Taylor is looking the goods.
A friends uncles cousin read it on reddit, must be true.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Word is Griffin has the inside running.

GM and new coach to be announced at GF lunch next Friday

Twitter seems to be all over Jason Taylor…

Steve Lyons former referee said:

"BREAKING NEWS Jason Taylor signed to coach tigers next year. Remember where you heard it"

Mole also said it.

Also suggestions Brian Smith is getting the GM gig.

@DonnyBrasco said:
My mail is Jason Taylor is looking the goods.
A friends uncles cousin read it on reddit, must be true.

I don't know about anyone else, but I cannot take him seriously after that famous interview of his…

My mail is just that mail and bloody bills

I like Griffin because he has been involved in one of the most professional set-ups in the NRL. He seems pragmatic, understated and not afraid to make the hard calls.

The next few appointments are more than just achieving early on-field results, they are about creating structures and effective processes (through all facets of the operation), recruiting the right personnel, garnering third party support and creating a seamless working relationship between the board executive and football department.

If we get this right the crap that happened this year will never happen again. If not, well I will be spending more time playing golf and punting and less time watching NRL.

Jason Taylor = grub

We need a new coach who can install genuine teamwork and develop new plays to make the team a competitive force.. With the players we have I don't think that we will be able to match the brutal forwards type of game which although very boring to watch has in the past couple of years been successfully used by teams such as Souths, Bulldogs and Roosters. Our new coach will have to work hard to introduce new defensive and attacking methods to offset this. Similar to what Sheens did with a small forward pack in 2005\. It can be done if the coach has the ability.

@Newtown said:
We need a new coach who can install genuine teamwork and develop new plays to make the team a competitive force.. With the players we have I don't think that we will be able to match the brutal forwards type of game which although very boring to watch has in the past couple of years been successfully used by teams such as Souths, Bulldogs and Roosters. Our new coach will have to work hard to introduce new defensive and attacking methods to offset this. Similar to what Sheens did with a small forward pack in 2005\. It can be done if the coach has the ability.

X 2 …
Reduction of number of interchange to 6 would IMO start to see the end of the 120 kg lumps mindlessly charging ahead with no ambition to pass the ball.

@Blackpearl said:
@Newtown said:

X 2 …
Reduction of number of interchange to 6 would IMO start to see the end of the 120 kg lumps mindlessly charging ahead with no ambition to pass the ball.

The reduced interchange will in the long run reduce all these injuries aswell.As you say 120kg people running into each other will only end up with massive injury counts aswell as so many concussions that players will end up with brains like cabbage.Very sorry to say it but it is the truth.Time to bring the art of rugby league back into the game instead of the biggest team wins.The problem is have you noticed who all the biggest teams are?its all the nrl boardroom darlings.Manly,Easts,Souths(russell crowe),Melbourne and greenbergs Bulldogs.Those at the top know the deal.And they wont change squat re rules while it helps the manly and easts of the world.Remember 2005 was sensational football with some tremendous tries and open football(not just us the cowboys,eels and others scored some bottlers aswell)in the best comp in years(not just saying cause we won it).Viewership numbers was going thru the roof(A lot less of those dangerous concussion injuries too as it wasnt bash and barge).What was the answer from the nrl for this great season?Geez cant have a team named Wests win the comp we need to get Manly back on top?Lets change the rules.The tigers got rorted supreme as our open style of play just hasnt translated into premierships against human 120kg robots.

@Jerry,agree with your thread,however in my opinion as things get tougher in regards to the concussion rule,shoulder charge etc etc,I think that the coaching styles will change and the old one up,one up,will eventually see the ball given some air and thrown out the back line more often to use the speedy back line,the big forwards will soon grow tired of chasing the speedsters as they won't keep up a solid tempo for 80mins,thus the interchange is handy..nothing beats a great game of football when the back line is used and they make heaps of ground and spread the ball..I'm not saying we need dazzling play all the time but it adds excitement to sometimes a tiresome boring one out playing style or kicking all the time.I think this is one for the new coach,however we do have some handy speed in our back line we just need to develope them further..cheers Jerry….

Hi it's Sunday morning any news yet has Robbie chosen a coach

@Snapper said:
Hi it's Sunday morning any news yet has Robbie chosen a coach

He has chosen a new coach !
It's Steven Gerrard !

He is not very amendable. Must have submitted Matt Parish but he wasn't even given an interview.

Latest posts

Members online

Back