NRL. Anti-Vaxers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@stryker-69 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520216) said:
**People’s opinions mean diddly squat on this issue.**
Hard facts matter.
Pale Ale eh? Not for me but like the idea.

Including yours

@gnr4life said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520110) said:
It’s going to be a nightmare for SuperCoach.

Agree, I demand compensation ha ha. Maybe if they allow us extra subs for players who turn positive.
Imagine if narrowly leading SuperCoach with 2 rds to go, would you praying for the duds in you team to get COVID just so you can replace them..... oh dear that not nice, what was I thinking. hee hee

The real issue here is ,not whether people get vaxed or not , but how well they cope with COVID-19 when they catch it.
Based on the current rate of spread, and the dropping of protocols from health authorities, I’m guessing most of us will have COVID going into the winter.
Apparently a head NRL coach suggested clubs should plan for having 3-6 players sidelined each week.? I assume this number is assumed from the possibility of 100 players currently infected? And doesn’t allow for any increase?

@cobarcats said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520230) said:
@gnr4life said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520110) said:
It’s going to be a nightmare for SuperCoach.

Agree, I demand compensation ha ha. Maybe if they allow us extra subs for players who turn positive.
Imagine if narrowly leading SuperCoach with 2 rds to go, would you praying for the duds in you team to get COVID just so you can replace them..... oh dear that not nice, what was I thinking. hee hee

There will special dispensations I’m sure.

@colinbh said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1516353) said:
@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1516344) said:
@cktiger said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1516329) said:
@yeti said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1516327) said:
@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1514368) said:
@yeti said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1514273) said:
@cochise said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505319) said:
@yeti said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505313) said:
@cochise said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505307) said:
@yeti said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1505304) said:
I would again remind people that just because someone has decided against taking this experimental jab, it does not necessarily make them an "anti-vaxxer". I know lots of folk who have not taken these jabs but do still take real vaccines for different diseases either as a prophylactic or as a treatment.

No but it makes them ill informed.

Well, that is your opinion. My opinion is that they may well be very well informed and have as a result of that information, come to a different conclusion. Surely you should respect that. It is insane to believe that everyone should come to the same conclusion as everyone else when confronted with the same information.
What should not be debated is the individual's right to choose without coercion of losing employment and the host of other 'policies' implemented.
We were born with inalienable rights, and no one, least of all politicians of dubious ethics and morals, nor health ministers nor un-elected health bureaucrats should behave as if those were rights they could remove or give back as they see fit.
For those who are OK with this - what happens when the next crisis occurs, (and it will). And what happens if the Government's response is to impose restrictions/sanctions/mandates, that impact you in an unacceptable way? (And they will).
Will it still be OK? Or are you just going to ignore it for now, and hope it doesn't happen? Once lost, these rights we have so carelessly allowed to be taken from us, are not easily reclaimed.
Think about it.
And for God's sake, look outside of what you are hearing on the ABC, 9,7,10. There is some amazing information from some very highly qualified and informed people who have every reason to be heard, yet are silenced by Big Tech and from the MSM.

It is an ill informed decision, no if or buts about it. There is plenty of data out there to show the effectiveness of the vaccines, including what has happened right here in NSW.

Yep, so effective they now are wanting you to take a 3rd shot of the same stuff that has already shown to have no lasting efficacy. And, as a prelude to what will happen here, the UK are now suggesting a 4th shot for their folk. Greg Hunt has ordered enough of the stuff for every Australian to have 6 shots! And with every shot, your own immune system is weakened.

But hey, whatever rocks your boat. Your body, your choice - as it should be.

You have as many shots as you need mate. Many vaccines are not life-long, it depends on the disease and the vaccine. As others have pointed out, annual fluvax is normal. Diptheria vax is given approx 5 times between childhood and adolescence; and if you lived in an endemic diptheria country you'd be getting one approx every 5 years.

You don't take a Panadol and expect to not ever get headaches again; doesn't mean Panadol doesn't work either.

But a shot every 6 months is OK for you? OK. Be my guest.
Remember, this was supposed to be one shot, then it was 2 shots and now a third. Israel has just approved a 4th. You reckon this will end?
Nah. if you have chosen the jab, you will be getting one every 6 months or you will no longer be considered 'vaccinated'.
And if you don't get one you will be considered unvaccinated.

What's the big deal?
People are happy to get flu shots every year without any conspiracy theories.

It's just an excuse mate, its a never-ending list of excuses for anti vaxxers.

I wonder how many would take the vaccine if you had to pay full freight for it?

I absolutely would.

@tiger-tragic said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519843) said:
@eternal-tiger said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519837) said:
Vlandys didn't mandate the vaccine for fear of 100 players jumping ship and playing Union instead. AFL and Soccer don't have the issue of a similar code being a threat.

This is a classic example of where the downvote could be used. There is zero evidence at all to support that first sentence. None. Ziltch. Blot.

Why didn't he mandate it then?

@go_you_good_things said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520186) said:
@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520031) said:
@cobarcats said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519909) said:
@philgood said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519895) said:
@kul said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1519835) said:
My belief is that those who aren't vaccinate are unsafe so I don't want them near my team.

How does one being unvaccinated have a bearing on the safety of the vaccinated? As we can see, the vaccinated are spreading this virus like a wild fire. Its like me saying "Kul put your sunscreen on so I dont get burnt".

The unvaccinated are more likely to spread the virus than those who are and also are more likely to spread the virus than vaccinated people.

Also unvaccinated far more likely to require hospitalisation and utilisation of stretch medical resources. *That means for every avoidable unvaccinated hospitalised case you lose a bed for a vaccinated person who requires a hospital stay for any other medical emergency.*

Do you happen to read what you type before you post ?
I'd have to say you don't.
Otherwise you'd see what an obnoxious, self righteous, arrogant piece of dirt you sound like. Your last sentence should be a cause for shame, but you wouldn't see it.
I hope someone you love doesn't need a hospital bed that's taken up by an idiot that got vaccinated and thought he was above everyone else and went from crowded venue to crowded venue. And caught the virus, despite his vax status. And then spread the virus despite his vax status.
Then ended up in hospital denying your gravely ill mother a bed.
But it's OK, you can just tell her the bloke in the bed was fully vaccinated.

Fire up mate.

If you get vaccinated and you still get COVID, then you've basically done your utmost. Isolating is good as well, but we can't all live in huts with locked doors for the rest of our lives, and going about your ordinary business on a daily basis is a pretty reasonable lifestyle goal for most of us.

My brother in law caught COVID two weeks ago and he didn't do anything at all except go to work and attend one low-key Christmas party. He's fully vaxxed, he was ill for a day, he passed it to his wife, she's fully vaxxed and OK as well. My kid's school was closed two weeks early before Christmas because 4 kids got COVID from a soccer gala day. Omicron doesn't need people to spend all day in sweaty nightclubs or singing at the top of their lungs at 5 karaoke bars to spread. It does not require flamboyant or excessive behaviour.

Vaccination plus boosters offer very high protection against hospitalisation vs unvaccination. There's no debate on it. The hospitals are not currently being flooded with a overload of the vaccinated.

Being unvaccinated is a decision to avoid our main weapon in the fight against COVID. There's no better strategy than vaccination. If someone was to choose to be unvaccinated and avoid people forever, so be it, that's also an effective if unrealistic strategy.

And it means therefore, yes, something like 70-95% of unvaccinated COVID hospitalisations, depending on the vaccine and booster status, are potentially avoidable.

Avoidable hospitalisations are, unfortunately, the dumbest things we can do to ourselves as a society, and yes that also includes lifestyle comorbidities like smoking, obesity, unmanaged diabetes etc.

@leichhardtjunior said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520219) said:
The hospitals aren’t overrun with the non vaccinated, we’re supposed to be at 90 odd% aren’t we? Do the maths?

Yes do the maths, certainly.

If, for argument's sake, 95% of eligible people in NSW are fully vaccinated, and we assume 7M eligible people, that means 6.65M people are vaccinated and 350K are not.

Even a lopsided hospitalisation rate, say 25% unvaccinated and 75% vaccinated, if there are 1000 people in hospital with COVID this means 250 are unvaccinated and 750 vaccinated.

The incorrect argument (made often by anti vaxxers) would then be to say "see, more vaccinated people are being hospitalised". But of course you are talking 250 presenting out of a potential population of 350K vs 750 people presenting out of 6.65M (or 3x the presentations in a population 19 times bigger).

And then you can look it up for yourself anyway:
https://aci.health.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/critical-intelligence-unit
https://aci.health.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/698388/20220104-COVID-19-Monitor.pdf

As of 04/Jan/22, the hospitalisation rate for unvaxx vs vaxx is 578 vs 83 per million, so 7x more likely. The ICU rate for unvaxx vs vaxx is 82.5 vs 4.7, so 17.5x more likely.

@pj said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520248) said:
Covid thread 2.0

It shouldn't have been locked. It's over the top moderation that doesn't help anyone. Just put all the anti-vaxxers on ignore and you can have a rational discussion. Sick of those idiots.

@jirskyr is right. We have one big weapon and that is vaccination. We should also use every other tool we can that works and these tools will improve. We can't continue living with too many restrictions though especially when the vast majority of people will be okay.

I feel so sorry for that young kid who died recently though. That is a tragedy.

@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520251) said:

That math/data/statistics has been a one sided beat down for a while. It's just more of the same story. Whatch the mental gymnastics from these geniuses though.

@leichhardtjunior said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520219) said:
Now here’s the thing, the same people, some unfortunate and many self inflicted, who have been ‘clogging up’ (not my words) our hospitals FOR EVER are the same people who are clogging them up now, albeit at a higher rate due to covid. ITS A HEALTH ISSUE NOT A VACCINATION ISSUE.

It's both those issues.

The problem is of course that nobody expected or planned for a pandemic like this - basically no government or authority on Earth was prepared for this magnitude, and even the countries schooled on MERS and SARS have enormous struggles to overcome COVID. Australia doing well by any comparison you would care to make against the global average.

When the once-in-100-years global infectious pandemic arises, with global connectivity it comes on very very quickly.

What can you do? You can pivot as quickly as possible to follow the scientific evidence.

"Fat people and alcoholics" can't undo the damage to their bodies in 12 months. Of course they should have been taking better care of themselves, but in face of a pandemic, they can't simply wish away their health issues within an acceptable timeline for a highly contagious virus. And yes if they were fitter and healthier in the first place they would have been better off. Same with smokers, and absolutely I agree those potentially avoidable lifestyle issues present the major long-term burden to our health system, way beyond COVID over the course of several generations.

But also, of course, it's a mistake to say that's the only comorbidity for COVID, because plenty of strong healthy people have been unlucky and severely struck down, because COVID isn't only going after the fat people and alcoholics.

There are also the aged population, who potentially did nothing wrong except be old.

But vaccination - that IS something you can pivot on quite quickly once the research is done and the shots are approved. It really only takes 12 months to vaccinate the entire Australian population including kids, and that's inclusive of delayed vaccination approvals for teenagers and kids.

So to refuse a vaccine in the middle of the worst pandemic of the last 100 years - it's not comparable to the situation of the "alcoholics and fat people", nor the elderly, the diabetics, the immunocompromised, cancer patients etc. etc.

@earl said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520252) said:
I feel so sorry for that young kid who died recently though. That is a tragedy.

And we are lucky as a population that the incidence of COVID deaths in 20 year olds, partially due to vaccination, is so low that we can remark on individual cases.

Can you imagine the situation in the United States where over 800K people have died from COVID, and they aren't done yet, it will surely breach 1M... imagine the untold tragedies in the flood of those numbers, with their broken health care system and low vaccination rates.

@gnr4life said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520228) said:
@stryker-69 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520216) said:
**People’s opinions mean diddly squat on this issue.**
Hard facts matter.
Pale Ale eh? Not for me but like the idea.

Including yours

Of course it does. Do you not understand my statement? Was it that cryptic?

@leichhardtjunior said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520268) said:
who doesn’t agree with THESE mRNA vaccines

You can always get AZ, not an ounce of mRNA in it.

@earl said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520254) said:
@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520251) said:

That math/data/statistics has been a one sided beat down for a while. It's just more of the same story. Whatch the mental gymnastics from these geniuses though.

As I now like to say: "the vaccine debate is over".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back