Official - Josh Reynolds Signs Megathread

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
950k reported a year

Hope that's wrong. That's massive overs…Wouldn't have gone above 650k given we're paying Brooks 550k.

It's not 950k and I've never seen josh Reynolds kick goals in his time in first grade

Obviously because he hasn't done so. But he certainly can kick goals and did so in lower grades.

I thought he had kicked a handful of goals in his career in 1st grade?

@ said:
@ said:
I'd rather we explored other options more. He's probaby the best available option in terms of next season but we'll be stuck with him for the 3 after that. Feels like they're chasing immediate results which only seems to work if you're the Roosters and can actually buy the best players, not just the best available players…

We need to chase immediate results to attract other quality players in the next 2 or 3 years. We were quickl running out of "other options to explore". Foran, Johnson and Widdop are all locked up now by the looks, Cronk could take months to work out whether he wants to play next year or take up making mirrors for his modelling career. We had to act now or miss out on any quality 5/8th option.
Happy with Reynolds, would of preferred someone with a better organizing style of game but he is a competitor, that is exciting IMO.

Have to agree with that

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
950k reported a year

Hope that's wrong. That's massive overs…Wouldn't have gone above 650k given we're paying Brooks 550k.

It's not 950k and I've never seen josh Reynolds kick goals in his time in first grade

Obviously because he hasn't done so. But he certainly can kick goals and did so in lower grades.

If he can't get the gig over mbye or holland then he can't be any good at it

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I thought he had kicked a handful of goals in his career in 1st grade?

So did I because I had a memory of seeing him kick goals but I checked NRL stats and it seems not. He did kick in a reserve grade GF so maybe that's what I remembered.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
950k reported a year

Is Hobbo right with $750k, sounds more likely than the $950k reported.

Well by the sounds of it we are still in need of a goalkicker then. I hope Ivan doesn't neglect the importance of a better-than-average kicker. It is vital IMO.

@ said:
Well by the sounds of it we are still in need of a goalkicker then. I hope Ivan doesn't neglect the importance of a better-than-average kicker. It is vital IMO.

Ivan was a goal kicker himself I am sure he has plans

Less money than Moses was offered. State of Origin experience, bigger body and more suited to a running role. Can lift those around him.

Great signing once confirmed.

Good stuff. I wanted a grub in the side and I got one.
Excited for 2018 already. Put me in a coma and wake me in 10 months time.

@ said:
@ said:
Just need Tuimoala Lolohea to sign now, then we would have the following side:

1.Lolohea 2.Nofoaluma 3.Idris 4.Suli 5.Naiqama 6.Reynolds 7.Brooks 8.Matulino 9.McIllwrick 10\. Ava 11.Aloiai 12.Lawrence 13.Taylor 14.Sue 15.Liddle 16.Felise 17.Tatola or Marsters

Hopefully the Tigers we release or not resign the following 7 players: Ballin, T. Grant, Lovett, Rankin, Hunt, LittleJohn and Edwards and go after some other players to fill our squad.

Isn't the centre supposed to be able to keep up with The average backline players.
It'll be interesting to see whether our newfound slide defence suits a player who can't move laterally. Not just baking him, but he's terrible at moving sidewards. And way Ivan's done ok so far, he may be able to do something to help that. I just don't know what, as it's been a problem since Sheens owned him

Reminder that josh reynolds is the only NSW 5/8 to win a series in the past 10 years.

@ said:

Anyone can kick goals if all trys are scored under the posts :smiley:

Good pick up. Managed to get NSW a series win at 5/8 which none of the other halves NSW have trotted out over the last 11 years can lay claim to. His win at all costs attitude is something I hope rubs off on the rest of the players because it has certainly been lacking at this club lately.

Oh yes i can hear Hughes and tunks already….we've paid overs for our two signings...no doubt Marina Go will cop it again

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
950k reported a year

Is Hobbo right with $750k, sounds more likely than the $950k reported.

Yeah. It's less than $750k not much less though.

On to lolohea now. Trying to get that early release.

Latest posts

Back